Yeah and it makes no sense...I think storm 2 is as good as it gets...people will b1tch about anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LoL you think the S2 is as good as it gets?? Oh my. Get out much?

06-25-10 12:16 AM
    LoL you think the S2 is as good as it gets?? Oh my. Get out much?

everyone has their own idea of what constitutes a "best" phone for themselves. get over it. sheesh. droiders love their droids. iphoners love their iphones. stormers love their storms.

your condescending comments about getting out much are lame.
    06-25-10 12:13 PM
    everyone has their own idea of what constitutes a "best" phone for themselves. get over it. sheesh. droiders love their droids. iphoners love their iphones. stormers love their storms.

This is awesome; little bit longer-winded than your description, but same thing pretty much.
    06-25-10 01:56 PM
    I finally got round to updating my S1 OS to 5.0.0.451,the highest upgrade sanctiond by my carrier, Vodafone UK. I have to say, it makes this brick feel like something approaching a new phone. Not since I first got this thing, and it used to work fairly well, have I been more satisfied with this thing. Of course the minor but successful tweaks to functionality, e.g. Browser speed and touch keyboard lag (looks to have been eliminated in fact) are very nice to have. I don't a say it's perfect. However I do thin that finally, perhaps 18 months into my 24-month contract, I am experiencing this phone as advertised. Much as I like the fact that my phone now feels more solid, so to speak. The fact that it's taken this long to get to this point is simply not acceptable. I will add that in these hyper-competitive times both RIM and Vodafone ought expect to be severely punished for such a misstep. Whether this plays out indirectly through a loss of market share as a consequence of loss of good will from consumers and the industry; or through more direct means. This could happen via impact to the share price of both RIM and Vodafone. Also note large shareholders have power over corporate structures inherently or indirectly. Incompetente dos, you're not away and clear yet.

06-26-10 06:18 AM
    ...However I do thin(k)that finally, perhaps 18 months into my 24-month contract, I am experiencing this phone as advertised.
    This made me laugh. You are a very funny person. Thanks.
    06-26-10 07:14 AM
    I finally got round to updating my S1 OS to 5.0.0.451,the highest upgrade sanctiond by my carrier, Vodafone UK. I have to say, it makes this brick feel like something approaching a new phone. Not since I first got this thing, and it used to work fairly well, have I been more satisfied with this thing. Of course the minor but successful tweaks to functionality, e.g. Browser speed and touch keyboard lag (looks to have been eliminated in fact) are very nice to have. I don't a say it's perfect. However I do thin that finally, perhaps 18 months into my 24-month contract, I am experiencing this phone as advertised. Much as I like the fact that my phone now feels more solid, so to speak. The fact that it's taken this long to get to this point is simply not acceptable. I will add that in these hyper-competitive times both RIM and Vodafone ought expect to be severely punished for such a misstep. Whether this plays out indirectly through a loss of market share as a consequence of loss of good will from consumers and the industry; or through more direct means. This could happen via impact to the share price of both RIM and Vodafone. Also note large shareholders have power over corporate structures inherently or indirectly. Incompetente dos, you're not away and clear yet.

18 months is an eternity for phone technology...I hope you can soon upgrade to the S3 (whenever that comes out) and you should really feel a difference then!
    06-26-10 07:44 AM

This has nothing to do with what his favorite brand of phone is. He said he thinks the storm is "as good as it gets", which is a laughable statement considering the slew of new phones out there that are light years ahead of the crappy S1/S2.

It would be like me telling you that I think think my black and white 13" CRT television is as good as it gets. Get it now?
    06-28-10 01:51 AM
    This has nothing to do with what his favorite brand of phone is. He said he thinks the storm is "as good as it gets", which is a laughable statement considering the slew of new phones out there that are light years ahead of the crappy S1/S2.

It would be like me telling you that I think think my black and white 13" CRT television is as good as it gets. Get it now?
    While I would much prefer a VZW iPhone or one of the new kick *** Droids over my S2, I actually think it's you who's still missing the point. Ultimately, what makes a phone "as good as it gets" is personal preferences (not processor, number of apps, and camera megapixels). If a click-screen, BBM, call quality and mail/calendar is what's most important to a given user, than the S2 is "as good as it gets" for that person.
    06-28-10 08:59 AM
    While I would much prefer a VZW iPhone or one of the new kick *** Droids over my S2, I actually think it's you who's still missing the point. Ultimately, what makes a phone "as good as it gets" is personal preferences (not processor, number of apps, and camera megapixels). If a click-screen, BBM, call quality and mail/calendar is what's most important to a given user, than the S2 is "as good as it gets" for that person.
    I couldn't have said it better. I'm never swayed by what "everyone else" is buying. I could give a holy crap if 60 million people buy a Jesus phone in the next three months--I don't want one. Besides, when did sales figures denote the quality of a product(or the suitability of a product for a particular person)? Years ago, Chevys outsold many fine cars, yet would one have seriously contended that a chevy was the pinnacle of auto engineering? I mean, HELLO!!
    06-28-10 09:04 AM
    I'm never swayed by what "everyone else" is buying. I could give a holy crap if 60 million people buy a Jesus phone in the next three months--I don't want one. Besides, when did sales figures denote the quality of a product(or the suitability of a product for a particular person)?
    Exactly. I make the same argument (sales ≠ quality) with regard to music all the time. Does anyone actually think Lady Gaga is the most talented musician on Earth? People tend to lose sight of how their own personal preferences impact the reality of their perspective.
    06-28-10 11:58 AM
    Exactly. I make the same argument (sales ≠ quality) with regard to music all the time. Does anyone actually think Lady Gaga is the most talented musician on Earth? People tend to lose sight of how their own personal preferences impact the reality of their perspective.
    yup. or britney spears? good lord, a bazillion prepubescent teenybopper girls bought her music, and that's somehow confirmation that Britney can sing on pitch??? No way!
    06-28-10 12:00 PM
    The S2 trumps android and ifone in what matters most: COMMUNICATION! The only thing the S2 lacks is a top end browser but I have tether so problem solved. The internet is soooo much better on a laptop than any smart fone lol.
    06-28-10 12:17 PM
    The S2 trumps android and ifone in what matters most: COMMUNICATION! The only thing the S2 lacks is a top end browser but I have tether so problem solved. The internet is soooo much better on a laptop than any smart fone lol.
    I keep saying that, but there are a lot of naysayers.
    06-28-10 12:31 PM
    I keep saying that, but there are a lot of naysayers.
    Hey, to each his own. I'm very happy with my device. Isn't that all that matters? Forget the "I have this fone" or "I have that fone" talk. The bottom line is: Are you happy with your fone? What everyone else thinks is oblivious.
    06-28-10 12:43 PM
    Yes, Yes, and Yes!
    06-28-10 12:50 PM
    What everyone else thinks is oblivious.
    Change "oblivious" to "irrelevant" and I agree.
    06-28-10 12:50 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD