Check out the new iphone...it's getting nice reviews and more companies are allowing employees to use it...good article in WSJ today. Opening New Fronts in Smartphone Turf War - WSJ.com
    Tons of good articles and bad ones too. depends on lovers or haters of the phone. All links should show both sides not just the ones that favor your opinions.
    06-24-10 01:22 PM
    I don't know why people post to get affirmation on a decision they claim to have already made. I am leaving for good, let me post and hopefully people will confirm my decision. I am good enough, smart enough, and dog gonnit people like me. Gain some confidence Stuart Smalley, leave the Storm2, but do it silently and confidently. ROFL
    06-24-10 01:28 PM
    All Those Switching from a
    BlackBerry to another device
    (including BBs), Post here!

This thread already exists for people wanting to switch, and it's been there for a while. I never noticed it because I was rarely venturing outside the S2 forums at the time.
    06-24-10 02:13 PM
    There are TONS of problems with the iPhone. GO to the apple forum to see for yourself. Yellow blotches, antenna issues, facetime issues, horrible battery life... as usual, the iPhone is more flash (pun intended), than substance. as a PHONE, it doesn't do so well. Same old/same old reception issues, with a few new wrinkles added in.
    1 - the yellow blotches go away, just left from the glueing procedure and not evaporated yet.
    2 - antenna issues are more visual, no dropped calls, just the bars showing no connectivity.
    3 - Facetime issues? Unless we are talking about when you have weak WiFi signal and it jitters somewhat, haven't heard about this.
    4 - So far, the battery lasts as long as my Storm does for my style of use. Not seeing any "horrible battery life yet".
    5 - my reception has been the same as with Verizon. Both the Storm and iPhone, no different yet.

The iPhone is pretty good IMO. Syncs, displays and works as advertised. Nobody on a Storm forum can really make fun of this phone or it would be like throwing rocks in a glass house. Is it a business phone? Not really in IMO. MobileMe works out email issues as far as Push and delivery time. The touch screen is no different then the Touch so I am used to that already.
    Yes, I still use my Storm, and I still like it a lot. Eventually, though, unless the Storm 3 is pretty impressive, I can see just staying with the iPhone and the Tour (for business).
    06-24-10 03:20 PM
    1 - the yellow blotches go away, just left from the glueing procedure and not evaporated yet.
    2 - antenna issues are more visual, no dropped calls, just the bars showing no connectivity.
    3 - Facetime issues? Unless we are talking about when you have weak WiFi signal and it jitters somewhat, haven't heard about this.
    4 - So far, the battery lasts as long as my Storm does for my style of use. Not seeing any "horrible battery life yet".
    5 - my reception has been the same as with Verizon. Both the Storm and iPhone, no different yet.

The iPhone is pretty good IMO. Syncs, displays and works as advertised. Nobody on a Storm forum can really make fun of this phone or it would be like throwing rocks in a glass house. Is it a business phone? Not really in IMO. MobileMe works out email issues as far as Push and delivery time. The touch screen is no different then the Touch so I am used to that already.
    Yes, I still use my Storm, and I still like it a lot. Eventually, though, unless the Storm 3 is pretty impressive, I can see just staying with the iPhone and the Tour (for business).
    1. that is yet to be determined.

I was mentioning common problems. if yours doesn't exhibit those issues fine.

2. the antenna issue is not just a display issue for some folks. there are web postings of images of speedtest showing drastic reduction in data transfer rates when holding the phone...

and now...there are many complaints that the speaker phone speaker doesn't work despite restores. folks are headed back to the stores for replacements.

Like I said before, NO phone is perfect. Apple has their share of QC issues.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-24-10 at 04:53 PM.
    06-24-10 04:49 PM
    This thread tickles me in all the right places, i have garnered numerous lulz for my amusement.
    06-24-10 04:58 PM
    This thread tickles me in all the right places, i have garnered numerous lulz for my amusement.
    oh no--not another Chris Matthews moment!
    06-24-10 05:00 PM
    oh no--not another Chris Matthews moment!
    lol

Im just bored, i find it funny though that these posts/threads are still continuing since Nov 21, 2008. Its not going to go away or end. EVER. Atleast not till they stop selling the Storm lol.

Its not as bad as it will be if the Unicorn made iPhone hits VZW.
    06-24-10 05:08 PM
    I don't agree. If a person is switching from the S2, why would they even bother staying here to read? No sense in all of us S2 users having to read about somebody else and their preferred toy.

I don't read a Chevy forum to learn about a Ford. So what's the difference?
    06-24-10 05:11 PM
    I don't agree. If a person is switching from the S2, why would they even bother staying here to read? No sense in all of us S2 users having to read about somebody else and their preferred toy.

I don't read a Chevy forum to learn about a Ford. So what's the difference?
    I've been saying essentially the same thing for ages. What I would like to see is the mods take the bull by the horns and delete or warehouse these off-topic threads. I've no issue with individual posts drifting into humor or somewhat off topic, but a THREAD should be placed in it's proper forum. And some threads have no proper forum!
    06-24-10 05:16 PM

Sorry guys, this is OT, but I just noticed your sig! LOL! I'm a big MW2 fan. I just got done kicking **** in Salvage. I hunker down in a culvert with my trusty RPD and blast away.
    06-24-10 05:20 PM
    Sorry guys, this is OT, but I just noticed your sig! LOL! I'm a big MW2 fan. I just got done kicking **** in Salvage. I hunker down in a culvert with my trusty RPD and blast away.
    i hurt some clans feelings earlier today, 2 kills away from the nuke on Wasteland before the goons signed out and sent me message saying i was hacking hahaha

I usually post up with an M16-Red Dot with Scavvy/Stopping Power/Ninja Pro with a claymore. Feelings get hurt all the time lol. If im rushing i use a silent SCAR and just drop shot.
    06-24-10 05:28 PM
    Agreed! This phone sucks
    06-24-10 05:28 PM
    i hurt some clans feelings earlier today, 2 kills away from the nuke on Wasteland before the goons signed out and sent me message saying i was hacking hahaha

I usually post up with an M16-Red Dot with Scavvy/Stopping Power/Ninja Pro with a claymore. Feelings get hurt all the time lol. If im rushing i use a silent SCAR and just drop shot.
    I broke up a couple of nuke booster parties in the last day or two. I love doing that, but I'd love it even more if IW would do something about the problem in the first place. Anyone that gets killed 10 times in a row should be automatically ejected from the game if killed by the same dude. That would stop 2-man booster parties.

I just got the M16 today--I'm on my 5th Prestige ( I think it's the 5th--maybe the 4th--I need to ck.)
    06-24-10 05:40 PM
    I broke up a couple of nuke booster parties in the last day or two. I love doing that, but I'd love it even more if IW would do something about the problem in the first place. Anyone that gets killed 10 times in a row should be automatically ejected from the game if killed by the same dude. That would stop 2-man booster parties.

I just got the M16 today--I'm on my 5th Prestige ( I think it's the 5th--maybe the 4th--I need to ck.)
    Yeah booster suck, i usually dont have to worry about that since i 9/10 times roll with 3-5 good people, so that **** never happens we just steam roll goons lol. If its Mercenary deathmatch i will follow the worst person to prevent that ****, or if all fails just sign out and end the game to be a **** lol.

I'd really REALLY wish IW fix the respawn BS. I'll never forget one time i was just crushing these kids on Terminal, i was posted up at the desk in front of the airplane hall (its L shaped with the computers). I shot this kid in the face as he was coming around the corner, 3 seconds later i get hit by a throwing knife from nowhere, look on the replay this goon i had JUST SHOT respawned in that gift shop directly to the side of me.

Irate was an understatement, i threw my controller in the air and it broke one of my ceiling fan blades. I just love it when MW2 decides to rob you with BS spawns
    06-24-10 05:56 PM
    Yeah booster suck, i usually dont have to worry about that since i 9/10 times roll with 3-5 good people, so that **** never happens we just steam roll goons lol. If its Mercenary deathmatch i will follow the worst person to prevent that ****, or if all fails just sign out and end the game to be a **** lol.

I'd really REALLY wish IW fix the respawn BS. I'll never forget one time i was just crushing these kids on Terminal, i was posted up at the desk in front of the airplane hall (its L shaped with the computers). I shot this kid in the face as he was coming around the corner, 3 seconds later i get hit by a throwing knife from nowhere, look on the replay this goon i had JUST SHOT respawned in that gift shop directly to the side of me.

Irate was an understatement, i threw my controller in the air and it broke one of my ceiling fan blades. I just love it when MW2 decides to rob you with BS spawns
    Terminal is a mixed bag for me. Sometimes I do "ok" and other times I can't seem to get my act together. oh, I always play FFA. I tried team deathmatch a number of times but didn't like it.

Speaking of spawning issues, on some of the new maps, I have spawned right behind someone else, making them a sitting duck. Spawning in Terminal seems to be weighted in favor of the gift shop. I like to crouch in the corner to the left of the gate and blast guys coming out of the gift shop. As long as I'm quick on the trigger, I get a lot of kills, but there are times when I can't seem to get the drop on anyone.

I nearly always use Ninja, Stopping Power Pro, and Marathon. If there's lots of high spots I sometimes will switch a loadout to Commando Pro but more often than not I try to get by without the ability to land safely from a 40' drop. LOL! Like on Afgan, at the top of the bluff, I'll jump to the ledge when I've got Ninja instead of CP.

I often use iron sights so I can use FMJ, especially in Bailout. I use FMJ on a secondary weapon such as the F2000 so that I can use something else on the primary. Love the SPAS!

AFter trying hard to make good use of the HBS, I don't even bother with it any more. Too much of a distraction and takes up too much screen space, IMO.

Fav maps: Highrise, Karachi, Favela. Starting to like Salvage and Storm.

Detest Overgrown, Estate, Quarry

I like the map Crash, but usually suck at it.
    06-24-10 06:19 PM
    I wonder just how many of these threads actually exist? A ton, I'm sure. Actually, I'd suggest having a "I'm leaving BB for..........." as opposed to just the Storm. They should also place it in the "Rants and Raves" section. Speaking for myself, I'm getting just a wee bit little tired of it all.
    06-24-10 06:28 PM
    I wonder just how many of these threads actually exist? A ton, I'm sure. Actually, I'd suggest having a "I'm leaving BB for..........." as opposed to just the Storm. They should also place it in the "Rants and Raves" section. Speaking for myself, I'm getting just a wee bit little tired of it all.
    Me too. that's why I'm discussing MW2 here.
    06-24-10 06:33 PM
    Terminal is a mixed bag for me. Sometimes I do "ok" and other times I can't seem to get my act together. oh, I always play FFA. I tried team deathmatch a number of times but didn't like it.

Speaking of spawning issues, on some of the new maps, I have spawned right behind someone else, making them a sitting duck. Spawning in Terminal seems to be weighted in favor of the gift shop. I like to crouch in the corner to the left of the gate and blast guys coming out of the gift shop. As long as I'm quick on the trigger, I get a lot of kills, but there are times when I can't seem to get the drop on anyone.

I nearly always use Ninja, Stopping Power Pro, and Marathon. If there's lots of high spots I sometimes will switch a loadout to Commando Pro but more often than not I try to get by without the ability to land safely from a 40' drop. LOL! Like on Afgan, at the top of the bluff, I'll jump to the ledge when I've got Ninja instead of CP.

I often use iron sights so I can use FMJ, especially in Bailout. I use FMJ on a secondary weapon such as the F2000 so that I can use something else on the primary. Love the SPAS!

AFter trying hard to make good use of the HBS, I don't even bother with it any more. Too much of a distraction and takes up too much screen space, IMO.

Fav maps: Highrise, Karachi, Favela. Starting to like Salvage and Storm.

Detest Overgrown, Estate, Quarry

I like the map Crash, but usually suck at it.
    I dont like to play FFA since like you were saying boosters ruin it. Terminal is decent because its not one sided unless youre outside getting raped by killstreaks. I have my off games where people are just whipping my *** unnaturally and nothing i do works.

Class wise everything i use is Scavvy/SP/Nin pro with a different gun (M16, Silent Scar, Thermal 50 cal, FMJ 50 cal). Lightweight/Marathon/NP using a Silenced Tar-21 (******* beast man, way better than any SMG) for first kills, and big maps like Quarry. Silent SCAR with Stingers thats Cold Blooded (shoot killstreaks down, and hardcore camping/negate UAV heavy teams). My last class is SCAR with tubes and RPG, using Danger Close and Scavvy Pro (for extreme campers, or people using riot shields). My secondary is a Spray n Pray 12 for assault rifle classes, or a silenced raffica for my sniper classes.

Kill streak wise, i am always 5-7-11. I play 3-4-5 for Fuel (way too much camping to get a good streak going), 7-11-25 on Wasteland, Derail, or Strike. Sometimes we mix it up and play 3-5-7 and 3-4(counterUAV)-7 to just wreck poor kids lol.

Ive never liked the HBS, or poor mans UAV lol. I have 5.1 in my living room, so i can hear them coming (good sound makes a BIG DIFFERENCE) and it doesnt hog the screen space. I always run Ninja Pro so i dont worry about HBS.

Favorite Maps are my Nuke maps, Wasteland, Derail, Strike.

Hated Maps, Rust (srsly...) Fuel, Carnival, Trailer Park (srsly **** the new maps, waste of money man. Its either camping with a sniper rifle or corner camping with AA-12s, **** that)
    06-24-10 07:26 PM
    That's a good idea - the only problem is, the people posting these threads wouldn't use it. They want to "display" their post for all to see in the regular forum.
    The mods could move it.
    06-24-10 08:01 PM
    I dont like to play FFA since like you were saying boosters ruin it. Terminal is decent because its not one sided unless youre outside getting raped by killstreaks. I have my off games where people are just whipping my *** unnaturally and nothing i do works.

Class wise everything i use is Scavvy/SP/Nin pro with a different gun (M16, Silent Scar, Thermal 50 cal, FMJ 50 cal). Lightweight/Marathon/NP using a Silenced Tar-21 (******* beast man, way better than any SMG) for first kills, and big maps like Quarry. Silent SCAR with Stingers thats Cold Blooded (shoot killstreaks down, and hardcore camping/negate UAV heavy teams). My last class is SCAR with tubes and RPG, using Danger Close and Scavvy Pro (for extreme campers, or people using riot shields). My secondary is a Spray n Pray 12 for assault rifle classes, or a silenced raffica for my sniper classes.

Kill streak wise, i am always 5-7-11. I play 3-4-5 for Fuel (way too much camping to get a good streak going), 7-11-25 on Wasteland, Derail, or Strike. Sometimes we mix it up and play 3-5-7 and 3-4(counterUAV)-7 to just wreck poor kids lol.

Ive never liked the HBS, or poor mans UAV lol. I have 5.1 in my living room, so i can hear them coming (good sound makes a BIG DIFFERENCE) and it doesnt hog the screen space. I always run Ninja Pro so i dont worry about HBS.

Favorite Maps are my Nuke maps, Wasteland, Derail, Strike.

Hated Maps, Rust (srsly...) Fuel, Carnival, Trailer Park (srsly **** the new maps, waste of money man. Its either camping with a sniper rifle or corner camping with AA-12s, **** that)
    ah, u have access to maps I don't, due to my playing FFA exclusively. Therefore I've never played derail. I did spend some time in it privately just to get the lay of the land, not knowing at the time that it wouldn't ever be available in FFA.

I just finished a game using a weapon I've never used before and now I'm kicking myself for not bothering to give it a decent tryout prior to now. I've been playing since December!

Are you on an Xbox360? I'm on PSN and those last 3 maps u mentioned aren't on the PS3 version.

For instant kills I like the 3-shot weapons the best--FAMAS and M16. But if I miss on the first or second burst, I often get annihilated. I used the UMP a lot until recently when I got sick of it's wimpiness at mid range. I get better results from other weapons that are silenced, then the UMP with red dot, so I'm gonna let that one rest indefinitely.

What do u think of the holo sights? To me they don't add enough beyond what red dot does, and they obscure the screen too much, IMO.
    06-24-10 08:20 PM
    ah, u have access to maps I don't, due to my playing FFA exclusively. Therefore I've never played derail. I did spend some time in it privately just to get the lay of the land, not knowing at the time that it wouldn't ever be available in FFA.

I just finished a game using a weapon I've never used before and now I'm kicking myself for not bothering to give it a decent tryout prior to now. I've been playing since December!

Are you on an Xbox360? I'm on PSN and those last 3 maps u mentioned aren't on the PS3 version.

For instant kills I like the 3-shot weapons the best--FAMAS and M16. But if I miss on the first or second burst, I often get annihilated. I used the UMP a lot until recently when I got sick of it's wimpiness at mid range. I get better results from other weapons that are silenced, then the UMP with red dot, so I'm gonna let that one rest indefinitely.

What do u think of the holo sights? To me they don't add enough beyond what red dot does, and they obscure the screen too much, IMO.
    Derail is decent, pretty balanced.

Ive messed around with nearly every gun except the sniper rifles, ive used the .50 cal and intervention and was like F-this i'll stick with the .50.

Yeah im on 360, PS3 online is awful. I would gladly play the 50 bucks a year just to not use PS3 online lol.

The new Resurgence Map pack has Fuel, Carnival, Trailer Park (all 3 are ******* terrible, Fuel/carnival would be OK groundwar maps since they are big. Trailer Park just blows nuts), Vacant and Strike (2 maps from the old one) are the only decent ones.

The Famas and M16 are beast, i used to use the Famas but i found the SCAR to be a better starting rifle. The 3 burst really wreck kids, but you gotta be accurate which is why i only use it on my post up class (cant really drop shot with an M16/Famas lol).

The UMP is a pretty good SMG but you gotta use a silencer to keep the recoil down, without it the damn thing just bounces everywhere. You can hit pretty good midrange with the UMP silenced (its good on Favela and Quarry), but i switched to the Tar-21 silenced and absolutely love it. Even with Lightweight it just mows kids down, and drop shots just make it all the more sweeter lol.

Im like a surgeon with the red dot lol. The holo is just too damn big, the plastic piece obscures too much of the screen real estate, and the dot itself is too big, especially if youre shooting kids at an long distance, cause it makes it harder to know if youre on them or not. The Red Dot is just much more precise overall.
    06-24-10 08:49 PM
    Derail is decent, pretty balanced.

Ive messed around with nearly every gun except the sniper rifles, ive used the .50 cal and intervention and was like F-this i'll stick with the .50.

Yeah im on 360, PS3 online is awful. I would gladly play the 50 bucks a year just to not use PS3 online lol.

The new Resurgence Map pack has Fuel, Carnival, Trailer Park (all 3 are ******* terrible, Fuel/carnival would be OK groundwar maps since they are big. Trailer Park just blows nuts), Vacant and Strike (2 maps from the old one) are the only decent ones.

The Famas and M16 are beast, i used to use the Famas but i found the SCAR to be a better starting rifle. The 3 burst really wreck kids, but you gotta be accurate which is why i only use it on my post up class (cant really drop shot with an M16/Famas lol).

The UMP is a pretty good SMG but you gotta use a silencer to keep the recoil down, without it the damn thing just bounces everywhere. You can hit pretty good midrange with the UMP silenced (its good on Favela and Quarry), but i switched to the Tar-21 silenced and absolutely love it. Even with Lightweight it just mows kids down, and drop shots just make it all the more sweeter lol.

Im like a surgeon with the red dot lol. The holo is just too damn big, the plastic piece obscures too much of the screen real estate, and the dot itself is too big, especially if youre shooting kids at an long distance, cause it makes it harder to know if youre on them or not. The Red Dot is just much more precise overall.
    Speaking of PSN, I get so pissed when I'm in a game and get the "migration" message. sometimes the gameplay is timed out completely. I'd pay to get better online gaming and a pay network is coming to PS3. I'd never owned a gaming machine before 2.5 years ago and wasn't sure Id stick with it, so I figured since it had Blu ray, that would always be useful. I've not regretted getting the PS3 as I've gotten 20x my money's worth out of it.

I forgot to mention SCAR-H. I use that a lot too, but as you know, you have to go about killing in a different manner. I try for headshots as it's slower to take someone down than the M16/FAMAS, but it's super effective and I use it on many maps (but never Karachi, where I usually rule, with the FAMAS/red dot). SCAR-H/grenade works well in Highrise, for me.
    06-24-10 09:00 PM
    haha its aways awesome to see what threads can turn into
    06-24-10 10:17 PM
    I'm switching................. to a bigger battery! I love the Storm 2 B*tches!! You know a Storm is good when they don't need to make a new one every month!
    06-24-10 11:24 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD