Seems like all we see in these forums are people thumbing their at us when they get a replacement for their Blackberry.
    06-23-10 07:44 PM
    Seems like all we see in these forums are people thumbing their at us when they get a replacement for their Blackberry.
    The Storm 2 rocks mayne!
    06-23-10 07:46 PM
    What makes u think anyone cares what phone you switch to? This forum is ostensibly for Storm/Storm 2 users to post questions and comments about those two phones, ONLY. It's not a forum to discuss hot rods, women, Cuisinarts, Droids, or iPhones.
    06-23-10 07:48 PM
    I agree ...these threads should be deleted or moved to the other phone forum section..who really gives an eff what these people are switching to
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by juremy; 06-23-10 at 07:56 PM.
    06-23-10 07:53 PM
    Yeah and it makes no sense...I think storm 2 is as good as it gets...people will b1tch about anything.

06-23-10 07:56 PM
    I don't think that thread should be in the Storm2 section specifically...but maybe a general thread should exist for "I'm leaving Blackberry". This might prevent pointless pissing contests between blackberry vs. phone
    'x' 'y' 'z' users.
    06-23-10 08:00 PM
    Every phone forum has those threads be it iphone or android they all get them. Maybe there should be a " I am getting a new phone sticky " lol

06-23-10 08:07 PM
    Lol why so mad? Is it because you guys aren't eligible for the Droid X?
    06-23-10 08:11 PM
    In my case, I can afford to buy what I want in a phone. If I wasn't eligible, and REALLY, REALLY wanted a particular phone, I'd just pay a few hundred more. I don't like wasting money, but I'm hardly a hardship case.
    06-23-10 08:46 PM
    If I wanted a freaking Droid, I would have one. And guess what? I would now be posting in the Droid forum and not on the Storm2 forum acting like a baby with a new toy!!!!!!!
    06-23-10 09:21 PM
    [QUOTE=phil1995;5275605]If I wanted a freaking Droid, I would have one. And guess what? I would now be posting in the Droid forum and not on the Storm2 forum acting like a baby with a new toy!!!!!!![/QUOTE

Breathe! Breathe! Serenity now!... Serenity now!...
    06-23-10 09:25 PM
    I see you have an EVO. Personally, I prefer not carrying my 62' flat screen in my pocket or on my hip all day long.

To each his own though. And to the point that was already made....if I wanted a Droid bad enough I would have one....by way of NE2 or retail.
    06-23-10 09:49 PM
    News Flash - a brand new EVO browses the Web better than an S2, but still can't handle e-mail as good as a Bold 9000. /end News Flash

RIM ventured into new territory with the Storm series. I like BB enough to wait and see how this thing plays out. The foundation is solid, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the S3 and S4 (Triton?) handle the mobile computing world.

It is annoying I agree, but somewhat humorous at the same time. [in a little girl voice] "every time a storm user leaves, an angel gets it's wings". Yeaaaaaahh! Weeeeeeeeeee!
    06-23-10 10:14 PM
    It would be nice if there was a dedicated forum for those types of threads, but it would be ignored. Just like the stickied thread in the "BlackBerry Discussion" forum is ignored although it was created to condense such threads into one big one.

I think that the part I love the most about those types of threads is that they contribute NOTHING to the forum. Even better, they think that they're so important that they deserve their own thread to announce that they're not using a BlackBerry device anymore. Usually, they're some of the worst contributors to the forum as well, making it just that much more humorous.
    06-23-10 10:21 PM
    Me and my gf love our storm 2s to death. We are just going back to Sprint because we'll be saving $50+ per month. I love my Storm 2 and I love Verizon's customer service and service in general. I just cannot afford it anymore.
    06-23-10 11:08 PM
    The Storm 9530 forums have a rants and raves section, maybe we should have something like that, it would make the boards not so cluttered up.
    06-23-10 11:14 PM
    The Storm 9530 forums have a rants and raves section, maybe we should have something like that, it would make the boards not so cluttered up.
    That's a good idea - the only problem is, the people posting these threads wouldn't use it. They want to "display" their post for all to see in the regular forum.
    06-24-10 06:58 AM
    I"m not on my mommy's account, so I can buy any phone I want.
    06-24-10 09:19 AM
    That's a good idea - the only problem is, the people posting these threads wouldn't use it. They want to "display" their post for all to see in the regular forum.
    This is correct ^^
    06-24-10 09:43 AM
    I think a lot of people are eligible or can purchase whatever phone they want. That wasn't the point of the thread. I like reading about all the different phones I just usually go to the Droid forums/sites to learn about them and Blackberry forums/ sites to learn about them. Weird? I know.

It's not really about what phone is better but what phone is better for YOU or for ME.
    06-24-10 09:47 AM
    I see you have an EVO. Personally, I prefer not carrying my 62' flat screen in my pocket or on my hip all day long.
    To each his own though. And to the point that was already made....if I wanted a Droid bad enough I would have one....by way of NE2 or retail.
    HAHHAHA classic. Said the same thing to a coworker who is getting one.
    06-24-10 10:54 AM
    I like reading about all the different phones I just usually go to the Droid forums/sites to learn about them and Blackberry forums/ sites to learn about them. Weird? I know.
    Its not weird at all. I do the same thing. Every now and then u get a decent truthful review especially when ur looking for that specific phone ur leaning on getting. I appreciate some of the "negative" reviews if u will because I too want to know is it worth getting it. Like now, I'm wondering if I should get the S2 or just wait for this S3? If the storm 2 will get this new OS 6 then I may jump to the S2.

Anyways ur point wasn't weird.

06-24-10 11:39 AM
    Agreed. At that point it would be on the Mods to move the threads into the rants section.

Let's hope they got on that, bc I'm sick of seeing these useless threads.
    06-24-10 12:39 PM
    Its not weird at all. I do the same thing. Every now and then u get a decent truthful review especially when ur looking for that specific phone ur leaning on getting. I appreciate some of the "negative" reviews if u will because I too want to know is it worth getting it. Like now, I'm wondering if I should get the S2 or just wait for this S3? If the storm 2 will get this new OS 6 then I may jump to the S2.

Anyways ur point wasn't weird.

Check out the new iphone...it's getting nice reviews and more companies are allowing employees to use it...good article in WSJ today. Opening New Fronts in Smartphone Turf War - WSJ.com

The addition of encryption is what convinced Joe Drouin, chief information officer at staffing company Kelly Services Inc., to offer iPhones to employees. Since January, the company has given them a choice between iPhones and BlackBerrys and more than half picked the iPhone.Setting up and managing an iPhone takes a little more time and effort than a BlackBerry, but not enough to act as a deterrent, said Mr. Drouin.
    06-24-10 12:50 PM
    Check out the new iphone...it's getting nice reviews and more companies are allowing employees to use it...good article in WSJ today. Opening New Fronts in Smartphone Turf War - WSJ.com
    There are TONS of problems with the iPhone. GO to the apple forum to see for yourself. Yellow blotches, antenna issues, facetime issues, horrible battery life... as usual, the iPhone is more flash (pun intended), than substance. as a PHONE, it doesn't do so well. Same old/same old reception issues, with a few new wrinkles added in.
    06-24-10 01:17 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD