About service books

About service books
    Service books determine which services are available on your BlackBerry device.

Your wireless service provider or administrator can send service books to your device over the wireless network. If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you can also receive service books on your device by connecting your device to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

After installing Beta's, Hybrid's etc.... Your handheld will not register your service books. Once you send your books. You will recieve the message:

"Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"

Browser, E-mail, applications yadayada should appear.

Hope this is correct.
    I think it will help.
    Last edited by MePascal; 03-28-09 at 05:34 PM.
    03-28-09 04:56 PM
    ive been installing betas and hybrids for a while now and phone handles all that by itself. never had to do it manually.
    03-28-09 05:03 PM
    Yes but it does happen to people who do not know what they are doing and then they decided to post threads like
    "OMGOMGOMGOMG PLEASE HELP ME I BRICKED MY BACKBERRY PLEASE HELP SOS OMG LOLZZZ"

It does get quite annoying. ANd most people dont know what HRT is so you should re-title this thread to something like "Lost your browser after update?" or somthing to attract their attention haha
    03-28-09 05:23 PM
    It's in the Tips/How To/blah blah forum I believe, just not here.
    03-28-09 05:33 PM
    It's in the Tips/How To/blah blah forum I believe, just not here.
    People download beta's through this forum. Ergo, they comeback to this forum for answers. Step Off
    03-28-09 05:37 PM
    This may be only necessary to stick for VZW users as this is addressed for us unlocked users.
    03-28-09 06:07 PM
    People download beta's through this forum. Ergo, they comeback to this forum for answers. Step Off
    Uh, relax. I wasn't saying it's a bad idea. For the record I think it belongs here too. Thanks anyway though.
    03-28-09 06:09 PM
    This may be only necessary to stick for VZW users as this is addressed for us unlocked users.
    Even in the GSM world, BB Registration via HRT is needed. You're cheaing a bit with restoring service books for some thing, but don't think for once that GSM Blackberries do not or cannot HRT register. This is a native function of ALL Blackberries.
    03-28-09 06:16 PM
    Uh, relax. I wasn't saying it's a bad idea. For the record I think it belongs here too. Thanks anyway though.
    Thanks too. But the blablabla was a bit for me. Call me OCD
    03-28-09 06:26 PM
    I just couldn't remember the full name of the forum... lmfao.
    03-28-09 06:27 PM
    Even in the GSM world, BB Registration via HRT is needed. You're cheaing a bit with restoring service books for some thing, but don't think for once that GSM Blackberries do not or cannot HRT register. This is a native function of ALL Blackberries.
    I agree. Mine configured without sending yet I did my sons phone directly after mine exactly how I did mine yet I had to register is books.

IDK.???
    03-28-09 06:29 PM
    I was stating that a sticky would only need to be made for VZW because the how to's for the unlocked phones have this information in them. Not that we dont need to know how to do it because Ive done it several times. I guess I should have stated that point in the first place.
    03-28-09 06:48 PM
    Yes but it does happen to people who do not know what they are doing and then they decided to post threads like
    "OMGOMGOMGOMG PLEASE HELP ME I BRICKED MY BACKBERRY PLEASE HELP SOS OMG LOLZZZ"

It does get quite annoying. ANd most people dont know what HRT is so you should re-title this thread to something like "Lost your browser after update?" or somthing to attract their attention haha
    does it matter what you name a thread? its always gonna turn into a little bit of real info and a whole lotta crap. every forum, every subject. always the same people from what i can see. it never changes.
    03-28-09 11:09 PM
    Some OS I needed to do it and some I don't. Either way, after each OS install, I tend to do it anyways.
    03-28-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD