Hey I just noticed something odd on my phone (9550 Storm 2) from Telus! I checked the usage in options -> Status and it says that there was 17:49:38 Voice Usage however if I check the actual time I have spent on the phone it shows Total Calls 14:06:07 as usage. That's a difference of 3:43:31 voice usage time.
    Whats weirder is that I checked my Blackberry Maps and under Recent Searches, I use Google Maps, it shows multiple searches in the Florida area including a "Home" listing and "Jeff's House" listing among others in the same area.
    My question is; is this something I should be bringing to Telus's attention and or should I be requesting a new phone for the one that is used that I payed full price for?

Thanks in advance.
    05-28-10 02:26 PM
    If you paid for a brand new phone I would take it back and get a brand new phone. Type buyr in landscape mode under options (learned that on here) and it will show the total data usage as well as the phone usage (calls). It sounds like they sold you a phone that was returned and just barely used
    05-28-10 02:34 PM
    Yea, if you paid for a brand new phone, and the one you got has been used before. I would definitely take it back. I'd even ask for some kind of credit for them trying to pawn off a used phone on you.
    05-28-10 02:56 PM
    If you paid for a brand new phone I would take it back and get a brand new phone. Type buyr in landscape mode under options (learned that on here) and it will show the total data usage as well as the phone usage (calls). It sounds like they sold you a phone that was returned and just barely used
    Thanks and yeah i'm going to take your advice. I did the buyr, that's where I came up with the 3 hour difference.
    05-28-10 03:12 PM
    wow i though i was the only one. heres my story with telus and the 9550. I purchased a 9550 in the begining of march 2010 and after about a week of use the screen cracked for no apparent reason. i went to manage my connections by clicking the upper right hand corner and all of a sudden cracks shot across the entire screen. I used no more pressure on the screen then i had previously. I had never dropped it or miss used it in any way, i treated it like it was my baby (it even had its own little pillow on my night stand lol). i came to the conclusion that the phone had either been used, refurb'd or possibly dropped by a telus employee who didn't want to get in trouble and just put it back in the box prior to me buying it. the sceen must have had a micro fracture in it along the edge where it cracked. i went directly to a telus store after it had happened and explained the situation to the girl that was working there (who, might i ad, had more beauty then brains...) and she actually blamed me when i presented those three scenarios that were going thru my mind. her exact words were "no that wouldn't happen, it must have been something you did to it". i had never felt so mistreated as a customer before. after a few frustrating minutes speaking with this girl i demanded to speak with the store manager. the store manager seemed slightly more understanding to my situation and said he would e-mail there product department but advised me that any type of "physically damaged devices" are not replaced and that a swap unit would cost $125 plus tax. he said it would take 3-5 business days to here back from this department and that he would call me when they did. 8 business days later (including a weekend so 10 full days) he calls and says they will not replace the phone for free and i would have to pay for it. i said fine as i needed a phone and was told it would take another 3-5 business days to arrive. 14 days (yes 2 weeks!!) later they called to say my phone had arrived and that if i did not come in within 2 days to pick up they would be required to send it back and if they did send it back i would NOT be eligable for another replacement, they would send away for repair and give me a loaner device at a cost of $150 that would be refunded when the device was returned. i was told NOTHING of this 2 day grace period BS before they ordered the replacement. i went in, picked it up and my first call on the swap unit was to telus csr to request an airtime credit of $125 plus tax be put on my account because of the hassle and agrivation i had experienced and was told they were not able to do that. i expressed my complete dissatisfaction with the company and that i would not be renewing my contract after it was done. in the end i paid $141.25 and had to wait almost a month for my new device. my monthly phone bills are between $250-$300 a month (we have 3 lines) and a $125 airtime credit is absolutly NOTHING to a service provider, telus will lose my business completely the second my contract is up.
    05-29-10 10:14 AM
    wow i though i was the only one. heres my story with telus and the 9550. I purchased a 9550 in the begining of march 2010 and after about a week of use the screen cracked for no apparent reason. i went to manage my connections by clicking the upper right hand corner and all of a sudden cracks shot across the entire screen. I used no more pressure on the screen then i had previously. I had never dropped it or miss used it in any way, i treated it like it was my baby (it even had its own little pillow on my night stand lol). i came to the conclusion that the phone had either been used, refurb'd or possibly dropped by a telus employee who didn't want to get in trouble and just put it back in the box prior to me buying it. the sceen must have had a micro fracture in it along the edge where it cracked. i went directly to a telus store after it had happened and explained the situation to the girl that was working there (who, might i ad, had more beauty then brains...) and she actually blamed me when i presented those three scenarios that were going thru my mind. her exact words were "no that wouldn't happen, it must have been something you did to it". i had never felt so mistreated as a customer before. after a few frustrating minutes speaking with this girl i demanded to speak with the store manager. the store manager seemed slightly more understanding to my situation and said he would e-mail there product department but advised me that any type of "physically damaged devices" are not replaced and that a swap unit would cost $125 plus tax. he said it would take 3-5 business days to here back from this department and that he would call me when they did. 8 business days later (including a weekend so 10 full days) he calls and says they will not replace the phone for free and i would have to pay for it. i said fine as i needed a phone and was told it would take another 3-5 business days to arrive. 14 days (yes 2 weeks!!) later they called to say my phone had arrived and that if i did not come in within 2 days to pick up they would be required to send it back and if they did send it back i would NOT be eligable for another replacement, they would send away for repair and give me a loaner device at a cost of $150 that would be refunded when the device was returned. i was told NOTHING of this 2 day grace period BS before they ordered the replacement. i went in, picked it up and my first call on the swap unit was to telus csr to request an airtime credit of $125 plus tax be put on my account because of the hassle and agrivation i had experienced and was told they were not able to do that. i expressed my complete dissatisfaction with the company and that i would not be renewing my contract after it was done. in the end i paid $141.25 and had to wait almost a month for my new device. my monthly phone bills are between $250-$300 a month (we have 3 lines) and a $125 airtime credit is absolutly NOTHING to a service provider, telus will lose my business completely the second my contract is up.
    That's wacked I hope I don't have to fly through hoops like that. Ill keep you all posted. I wonder if this is a bigger problem than we know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 07:30 PM
    That's wacked I hope I don't have to fly through hoops like that. Ill keep you all posted. I wonder if this is a bigger problem than we know.

I bet it is! Stores are always looking to save a buck and I'm sure passing on a slightly used device as new makes them some extra cash. Its a shame that you have to be a shark with a big reputable company because it uses cut throat tactics!

I'm sure its all done on a store level though as I believe each location and its employees have their own profit goals/margins
    05-29-10 09:26 PM
    Could be but I got mine on line from telus so I may have a tough time returning it to them.

05-29-10 09:37 PM
    wow i though i was the only one. heres my story with telus and the 9550...
    Unfortunately, there are so many liars and cheaters in this world that it makes it hard for companies to believe honest people like you. How many times do you think people have dropped or soaked their phones and then tried to return them saying "I don't know what happened"
    It's a few bad apples that make it hard for everyone else.
    Sorry to hear about your story. I've heard similar stories with Rogers. I may try Bell next time.
    05-30-10 02:17 AM
    Hey I just noticed something odd...
    I would try for a credit.
    If the phone is working well, I wouldn't replace it.
    05-30-10 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD