Here are some icons to change the bland ones that show up when connecting your Storm to a Mac. I couldn't find them anywhere for OS X, so I decided to make them.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with changing your icons, here's a quick how-to:

1) Connect your Storm via USB, and the two removable drive icons show up on the desktop. If only one drive is visible, you probably don't have BlackBerry Media Sync installed.

2) Unzip the file and you'll find a new folder with two icons inside.

3) Go to the desktop, right click on 'BLACKBERRY2' and select 'Get Info'. Notice a small icon in the top left corner of the info window.

4) Locate the BB02 icon that you've downloaded, then drag and drop it onto the small icon inside the BLACKBERRY2 Info window.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 for 'BLACKBERRY1' and 'BB01' respectively. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Added 16GB MicroSDHC icon.
    Last edited by rayzaname; 01-03-09 at 10:50 AM.
    01-01-09 02:10 PM
    Bump, just in case you've missed it.
    01-03-09 09:50 AM
    Here are some icons to change the bland ones that show up when connecting your Storm to a Mac. I couldn't find them anywhere for OS X, so I decided to make them.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with changing your icons, here's a quick how-to:

1) Connect your Storm via USB, and the two removable drive icons show up on the desktop. If only one drive is visible, you probably don't have BlackBerry Media Sync installed.

2) Unzip the file and you'll find a new folder with two icons inside.

3) Go to the desktop, right click on 'BLACKBERRY2' and select 'Get Info'. Notice a small icon in the top left corner of the info window.

4) Locate the BB02 icon that you've downloaded, then drag and drop it onto the small icon inside the BLACKBERRY2 Info window.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 for 'BLACKBERRY1' and 'BB01' respectively. Enjoy!
    Thanks. I believe someone else has done this for us as well. Unfortunately, I can't remember who to give proper credit to. It was released under bb icons in a zipped file. But this and the info on how to get the icons substituted were a great service.
    01-03-09 10:14 AM
    Any chance you can make a 16 (maybe 32 also) microsd?
    01-03-09 10:19 AM
    Nice Job. Thanks!
    01-03-09 10:24 AM
    Thanks. I believe someone else has done this for us as well. Unfortunately, I can't remember who to give proper credit to. It was released under bb icons in a zipped file. But this and the info on how to get the icons substituted were a great service.
    I did notice one other thread, but the one I saw was for Windows. I might be mistaken though.
    01-03-09 10:28 AM
    Thanks this is great .. looks much better than the default icons that come up
    01-03-09 10:37 AM
    I did notice one other thread, but the one I saw was for Windows. I might be mistaken though.
    opps, maybe you are right! I saved the file to my work PC and didn't really "test" on my MBP. If so, I apologize.
    01-03-09 10:42 AM
    ...here's one more to top it off.
    01-03-09 10:45 AM
    i feel kinda stupid but i cannot drop the storm or sandisk icon onto the small icon in the top left. it only lets me drop into the large icon on the bottom therefore adding the icon to other files. what am i doing wrong?
    01-03-09 11:11 AM
    Man these look so much nicer....thanks.
    01-03-09 12:01 PM
    i feel kinda stupid but i cannot drop the storm or sandisk icon onto the small icon in the top left. it only lets me drop into the large icon on the bottom therefore adding the icon to other files. what am i doing wrong?
    It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. You're supposed to drag it onto the small icon, which will replace the image. It's just a shorter way of copying and pasting. Try ejecting the device and try again.
    01-03-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD