THIS IS JUST A DEMO BETA! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THE OTA LINK PROVIDED!

Okay guys, here it is, I know it's been a long time, sorry for the inconvenience. We have achieved a lot, coming from never developing an application to what we have here.

Here is an update:

The graphics are better, but are not quite the final ones we will be using.
    The screen dimming issue has been resolved.
    The game saves whenever you close, saving your current level. This allows you to continue from the beginning of the level you were previously on.
    There is now an objective to the game! Get to the end of the maze the fastest. The levels are now timed, and have your current highscore displayed on the HUD.
    We do not have the screen of death yet. This will make it so that the game does not automatically reset you and gives you time to collect yourself. In the final version this will be implemented.
    Graphical menus are not yet implemented, they will be.

As far as the game plan for the game, here is the lowdown.

We originally were going to do one game, at a price of $2.99 that included 5 different themes, which 10 levels per theme, for a total of 50 levels. We have changed this business model.

Now there will be 5 separate games, each with a different theme, with a total of around 25-35 levels per game. At a price of, get ready for this $1.99. That's right, try one game for $1.99 and if you don't like it don't buy the others, but if you do, the other versions of the game will not only have a different theme, but have different levels.

Here is a screenshot...

And Finally the OTA link. Please remove the previous version BEFORE attempting to install this version..
    Last edited by coffman34; 02-12-09 at 12:04 AM.
    02-11-09 03:59 PM
    OMG thank you i loved balls of furry now this is even better
    02-11-09 04:00 PM
    Lol. Thanks, let me know what you think. Figured with all the awesomeness that these forums have been providing recently (Plazmic, .103, etc) that I would add to the excitement. lulz.
    02-11-09 04:03 PM
    FINALLY....DECENT GAMES for less then 10 bucks...
    02-11-09 04:04 PM
    the only thing i would say is negative about this game, everything else is superb, but the accelerometer is off in the game. i have to tilt it forward to make it stay still
    02-11-09 04:10 PM
    This is fun and I don't need any time wasters right now but I'm going to bite the bullet with this one. I see you're still working on the graphics, on the final build will the ball actually roll around or will it be a static image like it is right now? The way it is right now it doesn't look like the marble is moving, it just looks like the background is moving. Great game and I can't wait for the final product.
    02-11-09 04:10 PM
    Hmm. should not be doing that, it doesn't do it on mine. Let me see if others are having the issue, and see what's causing it. It may be that your storms accelerometer is not reading the same as mine, so where mine reads 0 tilt, yours is reading something else. If that's the case, I will have to add some way to calibrate the accelerometer.
    02-11-09 04:12 PM
    We are still working on the ball graphics, unfortunately Java does not provide a way to rotate a sprite on angles other than 60,180,270,360 etc. If I could rotate the moving ball, lets say 38 degrees, it would be animated already, but alas, it's J2ME. But we will be figuring something out for it...
    02-11-09 04:14 PM
    Wow!!!

VERY slick!!!

Graphics are great. Animation is MUCH improved. Love how the whole screen scrolls because the maze is much larger than the screen.

Very well done sir!
    02-11-09 04:18 PM
    Hmm. should not be doing that, it doesn't do it on mine. Let me see if others are having the issue, and see what's causing it. It may be that your storms accelerometer is not reading the same as mine, so where mine reads 0 tilt, yours is reading something else. If that's the case, I will have to add some way to calibrate the accelerometer.
    its not extremely drastic, its just when i lay it on a flat table, and believe me the table is level. it rolls to the bottom left. i hope its not my phone.
    02-11-09 04:19 PM
    Nice! Just installed and played 4 levels. Pretty fun game!

the only thing i would say is negative about this game, everything else is superb, but the accelerometer is off in the game. i have to tilt it forward to make it stay still
    I don't have this issue BTW...
    02-11-09 04:19 PM
    this is awesome can't wait to try it out
    02-11-09 04:21 PM
    Funny, yesterday I was tinkering through my games and I was like there hasnt been any news on this game for a while and was going to bring it to life but then forgot about it lol and waaalaa you post a update! All this game needs is some sound and awesome! lol
    Last edited by grkmaster; 02-11-09 at 04:24 PM.
    02-11-09 04:22 PM
    Just an FYI, mine doesn't do this. I've got my Storm resting on it's back on my desk...and the ball is stationary on the starting platform.
    02-11-09 04:22 PM
    i tried loading the game again,

i got a white screen and then when i try to exit, the actual game pops up then exits.

i then got "Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalStateException
    02-11-09 04:23 PM
    ...and believe me the table is level.
    Did you verify this with your Storm Level Pro?
    02-11-09 04:23 PM
    i tried loading the game again,

i got a white screen and then when i try to exit, the actual game pops up then exits.

i then got "Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalStateException
    Mine worked fine when I first launched it.

When I loaded the game the second time...I got the same thing as NFLBlitze1, without the "Uncaught exception" error. When I relaunched the game (3rd time) it came up fine.
    02-11-09 04:25 PM
    Can you provide me with more info? What level you were on? Etc. I am unable to reproduce this. Try a reinstall. Are if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 04:30 PM
    Mine worked fine when I first launched it.

When I loaded the game the second time...I got the same thing as NFLBlitze1, without the "Uncaught exception" error. When I relaunched the game (3rd time) it came up fine.
    this is exactly what happened to me. loaded fine originally...exited out of the game, tried to re-open...got this....then i exited got the uncaught exception and then the game worked fine but still with the off kilter acceloromter. dunno whats wrong with that. I just uninstalled the game. gonna re-install soon

BTW, i was on i believe either level 2 or level 3 not sure.
    02-11-09 04:33 PM
    Ok. Did you try to start the game in landscape mode? Or were you starting in portrait mode? It may be the record management system that controls save data in java. I will continue to look morq into this.

02-11-09 04:45 PM
    Wow, I wasn't expecting it to look as good as it does. Nice job =D

Are there any tricky tricky parts in higher levels, like trying to avoid holes?

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the floor design for start and finish platforms. Maybe a larger stone finish platform with holes that you have to navigate around to get to the glory hole
    02-11-09 05:02 PM
    ..or maybe depressions/divots in the path that can hang you up, and you'd have to give an extra nudge to get out of, without throwing yourself off the game board.
    02-11-09 05:06 PM
    Ok. Did you try to start the game in landscape mode? Or were you starting in portrait mode? It may be the record management system that controls save data in java. I will continue to look morq into this.

i started it in landscape mode but it told me to turn it, so i did.
    02-11-09 05:10 PM
    ..or a tightly spiraling/circular path with the glory hole at the center.

I think it would be hard to keep going around and around, in a ever tighter circle with little room for error.
    02-11-09 05:10 PM
    Okay. So you started in landscape. It said to turn it. You did and restarted and it just have you tyr white screen? If so then I inow the problem.

02-11-09 05:12 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD