I tried to do this in the App thread but either no one seems to get it or no one actually has done it.

Mapquest currently isn't officially compatible with the Storm but I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet? Hopefully on .75 since thats what I'm running but I'll take any OS.
    02-11-09 01:05 PM
    I would think google maps, poynt, bb maps, garmin, vz nav, telenav, etc. would do most of what you would need mapquest to do or am I missing something?
    02-11-09 01:32 PM
    Google Maps and BB Maps give the worst directions, hands down.

Garmin, VZ Nav are pay.

Poynt and Telenav, I don't have time to waste learning a new program.

Mapquest is the only program I've ever known to give me the quickest and most direct directions to anywhere,
    02-11-09 04:09 PM
    Eww MapQuest gives the worst directions in the world.
    02-11-09 04:10 PM

Poynt and Telenav, I don't have time to waste learning a new program.

Mapquest is the only program I've ever known to give me the quickest and most direct directions to anywhere,
    Well you obviously seem to have time to wait for a Mapquest app to come out, now don't you?
    02-11-09 04:11 PM
    Well you obviously seem to have time to wait for a Mapquest app to come out, now don't you?
    Thank you for that useless answer contributing nothing to this thread.
    02-11-09 04:52 PM
    complaining about working apps is always a better use of your time than trying what is out there..
    and Poynt is pretty nice (not that some people will ever know it)
    02-11-09 04:56 PM
    Does anyone have anything useful to contribute?

Like answering the topic question.
    02-11-09 11:17 PM
    Eww MapQuest gives the worst directions in the world.
    almost every time i relied on mapquest to get accurate and efficient directions, i ended up either lost or taking an indirect route. someone eventually suggested using google directions and i haven't had a problem since.

6157, its strange that you have the exact opposite problem that i do. never thought that one service could be noticeably better than another given a different geographic location.
    02-11-09 11:26 PM
    Why don't you try it?
    02-11-09 11:37 PM
    Does anyone have anything useful to contribute?

Like answering the topic question.

There is no mapquest app; you are the first one I can remember to request it.

Your free alternatives are Poynt, Nav4all, BB maps, and google lattitude. Your pay alternatives are garmin, vz nav, and telenav.

I think you will have a hard time convincing anyone that mapquests directions are devoid of the same kind of quirks that BB maps and google maps has.

My suggestion is that you try Poynt; it just came out today and people seem to be pretty high on it. How much of a learning curve can a navigation/direction app have?
    02-12-09 12:04 AM
    It seems I cannot even download Mapquest onto my Storrm, so I must assume no one is even able to try it.

Thanks a lot Mapquest. 2nd biggest smartphone on the market and you can't even support it.
    02-13-09 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD