Well first of all, I think we need to consider what the difference between Memory and Ram. The ram being free is what will make the phone run smoother.

If you delete some ringtones and messages, and even if you delete some programs, I cant see that as making the phone run faster unless those programs are actually running in the Ram or running in the background for lameness terms.

If im correct, ringtones, pictures, videos, programs, are all stored in device memory but not the device ram. Its only put into ram if the media or programs are executed.

Oh im also on .83 and the phone does seem a bit more sluggish and Im thinking of going back to .75 verizon.
    12-20-08 11:01 AM
    My current storm has only 42.5 mb of app. memory, and I don't think I can remove that much from it (I've already axed the games and VZNAV.) I have only 3 apps (Facebook, Youtube, Weatherbug). I did upgrade to Weatherbug .274, which took 4.0 memory.

What else have you guys done to increase memory, speed, and ultimately, cut down lag?
    I have these same apps plus Viigo and Trapster and I NEVER get over 30 even after a battery pull. Anyone know why?
    12-20-08 11:35 AM
    How about deleting from the service book? Voice dialing and such? Should you ever clean from there?
    12-20-08 04:07 PM
    Here's something odd:

Before downgrading back to .76 from .83 I did a batt pull and removed the SD card and then put the batt back in. Without the SD card I had 58MB. When I put the sd card back in after another batt pull I only had 49 MB.

This is strange no?
    12-20-08 04:24 PM
    I've found that battery pulls tend to increase the memory, and that I have deleted the Facebook app (not that useful), and I have between 44-48 app memory usually after a battery pull.

Any other ideas?
    12-29-08 07:28 PM
    How does one delete the sample pics/wallpaper and music. When I try to delete them they are "locked".
    12-29-08 08:27 PM
    my Storm is running with around 56 mb free and it's pretty stripped down...

make sure to clear your browser cache and messages every now and then...too many will slow things down

Don, how did you get yours to 56mb, what programs did you delete.
    12-29-08 10:56 PM
    Check out this thread, it has alot of this information in it.
    Increasing Memory

Also this will tell you how to remove the sample wallpaper and ring tones.

Removing Wallpaper

Good luck and enjoy playing!
    12-29-08 11:14 PM
    So you guys know, after going through all of these, after a battery pull, I have about 48MB free.

I have installed:
    Aerize Alerts
    BES Mailbox
    Nintaii
    QuickPull
    Visual Voice Mail

I pulled out almost everything else (including VAD and the default wallpapers)
    12-29-08 11:33 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD