Well I've upgraded. It went well, seamless. Everything seems to be working from what I can tell. I can report more on it later. The menus and such are much more responsive so that is a plus. Overall, the speed and responsiveness of the phone seems have increased greatly.
    02-25-09 03:47 PM
    Great thing about this site is that if you try a upgrade an it does'nt work or you need a little tweek on one,there are alot of good people that will help you....And I can understand what they say when they talk,not like Microsoft tech's
    02-25-09 04:06 PM
    I've had the same issue.. Will have 50MB after a battery pull and be down to 27MB within an hour. I made the leap about 48hrs ago and have fallen in love with my Storm all over again.. still worth the upgrade!
    never get above 39 even after a battery pull,( down in the low 20's within an hour), also notice my battery life has suffered, using alot of different themes, mabye thats the problem. Also using weather bug ???????
    02-25-09 04:45 PM
    Hi folks, the enthusiasm to upgrade to 109 is overwhelming
    However I have a few questions and concens before I make the jump...

The process of installing the build is to first remove all existing BB apps and reinstall the latest (109) connect the BB to the system via USB then install the new app on the PC, reboot if necessary. Now... do I have to delete the vendor.xml file?
    And what are service books? sorry I'm new to this, I have no idea how or what to do in this regard, hehe everybody says it's easy, I use my storm 9530 for work and if somethign happens, I'll be toast.

Also I have a few apps loaded, does the app automatically back them up? do I have to uncheck anything cause all I am installing is the OS?

And one concern I have... why are we seeing so many leaked OS's and not official ones from RIM? I mean I have .76 installed (Bell) and to this date there has been no updates for either carrier or RIM, are we going to live with "leaked" OS's for the life of the Storm?

cheers and thanks for any help in this regard.
    Looking forward to the upgrade.
    02-25-09 04:54 PM
    Finally decided to go for it. Huge improvement.
    02-25-09 05:08 PM
    Great Update! was scared to mess up my phone making the jump but it was fast and smooth. just follow instructions and it should work great!
    02-25-09 05:11 PM

The process of installing the build is to first remove all existing BB apps and reinstall the latest (109) connect the BB to the system via USB then install the new app on the PC, reboot if necessary. Now... do I have to delete the vendor.xml file?
    And what are service books? sorry I'm new to this, I have no idea how or what to do in this regard, hehe everybody says it's easy, I use my storm 9530 for work and if somethign happens, I'll be toast.

Also I have a few apps loaded, does the app automatically back them up? do I have to uncheck anything cause all I am installing is the OS?

And one concern I have... why are we seeing so many leaked OS's and not official ones from RIM? I mean I have .76 installed (Bell) and to this date there has been no updates for either carrier or RIM, are we going to live with "leaked" OS's for the life of the Storm?

cheers and thanks for any help in this regard.
    Looking forward to the upgrade.
    Hey chief, I JUST did the upgrade from .75 to .109. Not counting download/backup time and all that jazz, the BB itself spent about 20 minutes rebooting and starting up. It'll do it a few times.

As far as removing the apps - Desktop Manager backed up EVERYTHING and restored it. I'd say don't wipe anything. Just run with the process. I can't help you with the service books question (this is my first BB as well). Sorry.

As far as the leaked OS idea - we're going to have to wait. There's been a lot of talk about an entirely new OS specific for the storm and I'm sure that as soon as the appstore comes out (mid-March is the goal so far) we'll get a lot more info on when the new stable OS will show up. At least I hope. That's pretty much all we can do. I'd imagine that if they kept leaking OS after OS that they'd be trying to shoot for an ultimate goal. Best of luck and don't get TOO concerned. It was incredibly easy. It was also this thread that pushed me into it. Just be patient and follow the directions. It works.
    02-25-09 05:13 PM
    I've been running .109 for about 48 hours now (upgraded from .75) and have had no problems at all. Everything seems much faster and typing accuracy is improved. Battery life is a bit better that before. So far, there is no downside for me, just improvements all around.

The night and day difference between .75 and .109 gives me faith that the newer builds and the official release will be all that we hoped for.
    02-25-09 05:47 PM
    ok i dont know what i did... but now that i upgraded, i no longer have a browser activated, says i have to call my provider, and also my quicklaunch says i need the activation code...where do i find this?? HELP!!
    02-25-09 05:51 PM
    Just do it. It works.. and it works great i might add.
    02-25-09 06:03 PM
    effin bad *** is what it is
    02-25-09 06:05 PM
    Here is a great post about lost browsers. You'll have to cut and paste the link since the system doesn't trust a newbie

forums.crackberry.com/f135/newb-guide-lost-browser-no-email-no-data-coverage-w-pix-139349/

I'm on Verizon and I did NOT delete the Vender.xml file before upgrading.
    02-25-09 06:23 PM
    Ok I'm going for it. Down loading now but in the Application Loader Summary there is a Warning stating after completion of operation you must activate your device wirelessly to continue to send or receive messages. Please explain how to do it, if its service books I'm still unsure of the steps, thanks. Noob
    02-26-09 10:08 AM
    Ok I'm going for it. Down loading now but in the Application Loader Summary there is a Warning stating after completion of operation you must activate your device wirelessly to continue to send or receive messages. Please explain how to do it, if its service books I'm still unsure of the steps, thanks. Noob
    i'm getting this message too .. i'm afraid to proceed .. can anyone verify this is a normal step of upgrading?

im going from 75 to 109
    02-26-09 12:11 PM
    Here is a great post about lost browsers. You'll have to cut and paste the link since the system doesn't trust a newbie

forums.crackberry.com/f135/newb-guide-lost-browser-no-email-no-data-coverage-w-pix-139349/

I'm on Verizon and I did NOT delete the Vender.xml file before upgrading.
    This is a very good link!! I did everything to the dot and still my files and 3rd party apps did not get transferred. Even after transferring everything back, my browser was gone. However thanks to this link I am back in action!

-Cyrus
    02-26-09 12:21 PM
    Hey guys, just puttin my $.02 in. Made the jump last night from .75(after being inspired by this thread) and haven't look back once. The accelerometer is a lot better, everything is quicker, no phone answering lag, typing lag is minimal. HIGHLY recommended!
    02-26-09 12:50 PM
    ok i dont know what i did... but now that i upgraded, i no longer have a browser activated, says i have to call my provider, and also my quicklaunch says i need the activation code...where do i find this?? HELP!!
    For the browser, go to options>advanced options>host routing table, highlite any entry, hit the BB button and chose "register now"
    02-26-09 02:07 PM
    The phone is much more responsive. The accelorometer reacts much faster than it was in .75. I was waiting as well but it seems like the .109 is a great upgrade and I myself am a newbie at upgrading and it was easy.

Thing I like about .109:

Phone shortcut button
    Transparent toolbar in Camera Mode
    Signal Strength seems stonger
    Added a Go Button when typing in a web address
    Blackberry messenger is now an option when sending a message

So far so good, I just hope these things keep improving and for RIM to show the true strength of the Storm.
    02-26-09 04:48 PM
    For the Quicklaunch Code you have to Log on to Mobihand, or Crackberry account and you can look at all the programs you have purchased as well as upgrades and activation codes.
    02-26-09 04:53 PM
    i have found that today, after having upgraded to .109 last night, this is the first time i have gone through a work day (9 hours) and it has needed a charge... i turned off GPS locationing, network is set to 1XEV only, i've been on BBM most of the day, like the rest of my last couple of weeks have been, and i've always had 30-50% left by the end of my work day.

ive been 8 hours and it is in red low battery status...
    02-26-09 05:20 PM
    Just pulled the trigger! Couldn't be any more newb than me..common sense+ followed thread directions = no problems.
    02-26-09 05:26 PM
    wow. have had the .109 OS from the .75 for about 5 hours now. amazingly better. faster and smoother feeling. no issues at all installing or backing up. memory seems to go down i little quicker. started at 50.4 after batt pull and now im at 37.6 after 6 hours or so.
    02-26-09 09:50 PM
    i upgraded from .75 to .109 and mostly everything is better.phone is 10 times faster.battery drain is about the same.
    the phone has not gone frozen and no random reboots. a little boost on app memory after bat pull (54.5).
    The (Only) downside i have seen so far is my signal is wacky.
    ill look at my phone it will show ill have no service then after i pick it up ill have full service. that is my only issue but i am glad i upgraded.ive been running 109 for about 3 days now
    02-26-09 10:07 PM
    All, I made the ugprade from .75 to .109 a few days ago and love it! The Storm is VERY responsive now versus .75 and it seems memory management is alot better as well. I'm averaging ~ 40 megs free versus 28 on .75. I have noticed that it seems the call quality isn't quite as good as with the .75 build but that could be anything. I've not had to do a single battery pull and along those lines i've noticed the battery is lasting much longer than before before recharge.
    02-26-09 10:13 PM
    Well since I upgraded yesterday every has been working awesome. Locking the phone seems terribly slow though. I do have the memory cleaner, or whatever it is, enabled though so maybe that is it. Other than that, all aspects are awesome and working as they should. Battery life is excellent, going on about 33 hours so far on this charge and I still have a bar left. This is with pretty regular use, many text messages, emails, web browsing, phone calls, etc.
    02-26-09 11:09 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD