Hey i have had problems with my phone power cycling by itself. i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if this fixed it. Also has anyone heard anything about the new software upgrade that is suppose to be coming out in February. thanks everyone
    02-19-09 06:29 PM
    Okay, I must be doing something wrong...I follow all the directions to every period...

I go to my about screen and it still comes up as .103 OS....am I missing something

I even tried it a second time by downloading it after deleting the vendor.xml file and still same results...

I'm Confuzzled
    02-19-09 06:53 PM
    Since there is another active thread called make a 9530 106 OS with correct color depth, I wonder if this thread's instruction will give me an OS with incorrect color depth? If you understand what I'm wondering, please explain

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 06:56 PM
    Okay, I must be doing something wrong...I follow all the directions to every period...

I go to my about screen and it still comes up as .103 OS....am I missing something

I even tried it a second time by downloading it after deleting the vendor.xml file and still same results...

I'm Confuzzled
    Think outside the box novice Berry padawan.
    02-19-09 06:56 PM
    Think outside the box novice Berry padawan.
    I suppose what you are referring to is that it will appear as .103, but the .106 OS is still operating "behind the scenes" in a sense...
    02-19-09 07:16 PM
    I suppose what you are referring to is that it will appear as .103, but the .106 OS is still operating "behind the scenes" in a sense...
    Just so you know it should look like this

02-19-09 07:41 PM
    I just wanna say thanks to the minds who figured how to do this and then put it in lame terms for the rest of us! My phone works super awesome now (hehehe!!!) and I appreciate all your very well explained instructions!!! and a word of wise for all if you are not comfortable doing updates like this don't do them!! wait for the official release...Anyways thanks a bunch great minds and good nite!
    Andrea
    02-19-09 08:59 PM
    Just a final update:

I installed the .103/106 hybrid but had major battery drain issues -> 21% after 5 1/2 hours of minimal use.

Made my custom .99/.103/.106 hybrid which ran well (.99 worked well on my storm).

I had suspicions that the original hybrid did not install correctly. Instead of "Red LED -> black screen with white clock -> white screen with black clock -> blue bar" when rebooting. I would get the "Red LED -> black screen -> BACK TO RED LED THEN BLACK SCREEN (twice) before going on to reboot each time I pulled the battery.

I removed all prior OS (control panel) and then manually deleted any remaining files in the loader and shared directories. Then I reinstalled .103 and .106, deleted the .103 Java directory and copied over the one from .106. Removed .106 with the control panel. Locked the internet. Wiped the phone and used loader.exe to reinstall.

I've had it on all day and am at 81% battery (better than normal for me).

This hybrid always performed better than any other released or leaked OS. Now with the battery "fixed" it is a keeper.

What do you mean by "locked"the internet?
    02-19-09 09:05 PM
    Great guide, did it, and its working great so far.
    02-19-09 10:31 PM
    So... I'm new here I got adventurous and decided to update my Storm to the 103/106 hybrid. I first backed up and saved 3rd party apps, then used JL_Cmder to wipe my device, then CrackMem to get rid of the junk, then installed the 103/106 hybrid according to your directions. It worked like a dream!!

I was lucky to get 30MB of app memory before and now I'm staying in the 40s, 50 after a battery pull. I will post if I have any issues but as of now its perfect. I think it is running much more quickly and I'm very happy with the instructions/advise from the forum.

Thanks!!
    02-19-09 10:33 PM
    I just wanna say thanks to the minds who figured how to do this and then put it in lame terms for the rest of us! My phone works super awesome now (hehehe!!!) and I appreciate all your very well explained instructions!!! and a word of wise for all if you are not comfortable doing updates like this don't do them!! wait for the official release...Anyways thanks a bunch great minds and good nite!
    Andrea
    Youre welcome
    02-19-09 10:38 PM
    What do you mean by "locked"the internet?
    Whenever I update I block internet access. If you don't do this then DM checks to see if you have the latest "official" OS and you can get the message that there is nothing to update.

I'm not certain if loader.exe also does this.

You can just unplug your ethernet/turn off wireless for the update. In my case I am using Comodo and can simply tell the firewall to shut down.
    02-19-09 11:36 PM
    By the way.... my battery drain appears to be gone with the reinstallation. The phone has been out of charger for 13 hours and is still at 64%.

I charge every night... this is about my average.
    02-19-09 11:40 PM
    Anybody else getting random reboots here?
    02-20-09 01:43 AM
    Anybody else getting random reboots here?
    It happened just once 2 days ago, but haven't since.
    02-20-09 03:31 AM
    whenever i click on the .103 download i get a error page from megaupload?? wtf it seems like im the only one getting this??

i even thought maybe the file is too big n i need to be a premium megaupload member so i tried a megaupload download link generator n i still get the same error page??

can some1 PLEASE help me??!!!!!! i dont wanna download the .99 upgrade cuz i heard it SUCKS im new to blackberry n just figured out how to install leaked OS yesterday

im running 4.7.0.76
    02-20-09 04:59 AM
    Hey i have had problems with my phone power cycling by itself. i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if this fixed it. Also has anyone heard anything about the new software upgrade that is suppose to be coming out in February. thanks everyone
    I have the same thing on two phones. I am going to the get new rar file from Brett's site. I think the old rar might have been corrupted. I'll report back later tonite with my findings.

Thanks Brett for putting it all in one page.
    02-20-09 10:03 AM
    N00b here.

I did the Hybrid yesterday and everything was working sweet. However, this morning i noticed it deleted all of my contacts in my address book and i had to restore the device in order to get them.

My question is, will the restore effect the new OS in anyway?? Prolly a dumb question, but thought i'd ask.

oh also, my Brower is now MIA since the restore and it is not hidden, it's just gone. How do i get it back?
    02-20-09 12:38 PM
    Since there is another active thread called make a 9530 106 OS with correct color depth, I wonder if this thread's instruction will give me an OS with incorrect color depth? If you understand what I'm wondering, please explain

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes this one had a little worse color depth but it is very stable compared to the other thread where they are having some issues. I would go this route if I were you. I don't notice the slight color difference unless your looking for it. Hard to notice.
    02-20-09 12:55 PM
    ^yup the color difference is very slight. You cant really see it unless you go looking for it. .99 color depth is much worse.

I installed 103/106 hybrid last night and so far so good. It's been running for 12 hours now with no battery pulls or lock-ups yet. There is a lag when I was viewing pictures though.
    02-20-09 01:48 PM
    I have noticed that my Memory has changed greatly....... I just did a battery Pull and my Device memory is at 44.8 and before I pulled the battery, it was at 27.4.... Is this related to the O/S change to the 106??
    02-20-09 02:09 PM
    ? can someone PLEASE send me the .exe file as a email for 103 PLEASE everytime i click on the link it says "either the file has been removed due to our Terms of Service or this is a invalid link" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOME1 HELP!!! .99 SUCKS I may be a noob over here but im not stupid you wont have to explain it word for word just send me a attachment or the correct link cuz the link on the beginning of this page for the 103 download n all the other pages on crackberry dont work!!!!!
    02-20-09 03:04 PM
    correction: the link on this thread and all the other crackberry threads dont seem to work for me
    02-20-09 03:05 PM
    Try this link, i pick this up from the page 19:
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Hope this helps...
    02-21-09 01:05 AM
    downloaded this hybrid the other day,followed all instructions for proper installation and everything is fine. by far the best beta os ive used so far.the stability on this os is great. no probs at all worth mentioning.all i can say for everyone who is experiencing problems is plz follow directions to a T. if your not sure you did plz double check yourself its well worth it.if you get this os working on your phone you will appreciate it bigtime.good work syn, you made me a believer . lol
    02-21-09 01:07 AM
510 ... 1718192021
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD