The leakers could just make this easy on us and leak it. That would be nice.
    02-16-09 03:46 PM
    I figured out a way to get it to work with the hybrid download:
    I couldn't get it to work with the "new" instructions, so I ended up kind of combining the "new" and "old" method. I had 103 already installed. I copied and made a backup of the Java folder as directed in the "old" instructions. I went to the extracted folder for the hybrid from the self-extrating RAR file and found the Java folder. My understanding was that it contained everything we needed from 106. So, I copied the files from the extrated hybrid 106 JAVA folder into the 103 JAVA folder - I told it to replace all. As the OP noted, some of the original 103 files remain (so don't delete all the files from the 103 JAVA folder first!).
    I then uploaded onto my storm use the Loader.exe program. When the initial list of things that will be loaded comes up, you can highlight the first thing and hit "details" - you will see that onething remains 103, but everything else will be listed as 106. The instal went great (though it took FOREVER at one of the reboot points - it was making me sweat!).
    I just installed so too early to say much, except that the lag while typing in email is much better (.90/.99-like rather than .103-like).
    :-)
    I hope my description above makes sense and helps someone out. The advantage is that it does not require a full install and uninstall of 106.
    02-16-09 04:02 PM
    Wow, just downloaded and installed. Connection to device took awhile but it's working great. Very quick, no lag, no problems with restoring all my apps and data. Showing a beautiful 4.7.0.106.
    For the original poster and other guy who helped optimize.

I have Sith's V3 installed now. Can I install with this Hybrid .106 over top of Sith's V3?

Or do I need to go back to .103 and then install over the top of that?

Thanks.
    02-16-09 04:03 PM
    I figured out a way to get it to work with the hybrid download:
    I couldn't get it to work with the "new" instructions, so I ended up kind of combining the "new" and "old" method. I had 103 already installed. I copied and made a backup of the Java folder as directed in the "old" instructions. I went to the extracted folder for the hybrid from the self-extrating RAR file and found the Java folder. My understanding was that it contained everything we needed from 106. So, I copied the files from the extrated hybrid 106 JAVA folder into the 103 JAVA folder - I told it to replace all. As the OP noted, some of the original 103 files remain (so don't delete all the files from the 103 JAVA folder first!).
    I then uploaded onto my storm use the Loader.exe program. When the initial list of things that will be loaded comes up, you can highlight the first thing and hit "details" - you will see that onething remains 103, but everything else will be listed as 106. The instal went great (though it took FOREVER at one of the reboot points - it was making me sweat!).
    I just installed so too early to say much, except that the lag while typing in email is much better (.90/.99-like rather than .103-like).
    :-)
    I hope my description above makes sense and helps someone out. The advantage is that it does not require a full install and uninstall of 106.
    Would you mind posting step by step what you just did? And also could this be done over Sith's V3 OS?

Thanks.
    02-16-09 04:06 PM
    [QUOTE=bbcrackman;1696252]It should look like this

;
    Quickie: sjhould it look exactly like this ?
    My Branding Version states 1.0.105.63.

Other than that, all is exact ?
    02-16-09 04:25 PM
    nevermind thank you
    Last edited by anmetcalf; 02-16-09 at 04:36 PM.
    02-16-09 04:32 PM
    I got it to work using the old method. I think, because I have removed the previous Hybred the Loader.exe was not working correctly.

Everyting looks good and my branding version is 1.0.105.191

Seems very responsive but more testing and use is required before I can make an informed comparison to the Hybred v3
    02-16-09 04:43 PM
    For the original poster and other guy who helped optimize.

I have Sith's V3 installed now. Can I install with this Hybrid .106 over top of Sith's V3?

Or do I need to go back to .103 and then install over the top of that?

Thanks.
    Youre replacing the OS with the one you create, so yes you can write the data over Siths if you so choose. Or you can use JLcmdr and wipe, whatever you feel comfortable with. I am attaching my original instructions

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/95...ml#post1691600
    02-16-09 04:46 PM
    Tried it. Radio code still sucks. I'll stick to Sith's hybrid.
    02-16-09 04:48 PM
    I got it to work using the old method. I think, because I have removed the previous Hybred the Loader.exe was not working correctly.

Everyting looks good and my branding version is 1.0.105.191

Seems very responsive but more testing and use is required before I can make an informed comparison to the Hybred v3
    interesting my branding version is 1.0.105.47
    02-16-09 04:50 PM
    interesting my branding version is 1.0.105.47
    02-16-09 04:55 PM
    what did i do wrong? is it because i loaded through DM and just updated when it prompt me to?
    02-16-09 04:56 PM
    wow this thing is SMOKING.... I was skeptical but after I was done with the upgrade this thing is BLAZING! Almost zero lag on any menu opening or program launch. Still a slight lag when typing but overall the best so far.

i've tried every release so far and always have gone back to 0.75 because of reboots or lockups or something that I didn't like. I love this build and I hope its as stable as the 0.75 build was.
    02-16-09 05:05 PM
    will the camera work, because that's my big issue
    02-16-09 05:06 PM
    will the camera work, because that's my big issue
    camera works great... so does the video
    02-16-09 05:12 PM
    lost the browser how do i get it back???
    02-16-09 05:14 PM
    Go to options> advanced options > Host routing table
    (this is how you get back your broswer when you lost it as well)
    Then hit the blackberry button and select register.
    IF that doesnt work, send your service books from the VZW BIS website.
    Lastly, you might want to do a *228 option 1 and then repeat the above steps if you are still having issues
    02-16-09 05:28 PM
    I have followed the instructions (NEW) in the first post of this thread. I cannot get App Loader or DM to recognize the OS as being available for install. The only options either one shows is .65 or .75 (I uninstalled all other leaks from my PC as per normal upgrade instructions).

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my phone is now sitting at: "Reload Software 507" (after JL_Cmder wipe of course).

Thanks!
    02-16-09 05:43 PM
    I have followed the instructions (NEW) in the first post of this thread. I cannot get App Loader or DM to recognize the OS as being available for install. The only options either one shows is .65 or .75 (I uninstalled all other leaks from my PC as per normal upgrade instructions).

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my phone is now sitting at: "Reload Software 507" (after JL_Cmder wipe of course).

Thanks!
    Here is the link to my original instructions, hope this helps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/95...ml#post1691600
    02-16-09 05:46 PM
    My question before I do all this. does this bring back the bigger keyboard buttons? I sure do miss those. ha
    02-16-09 05:59 PM
    Since this is my first post and cant post any links bear with me please. Go back to Blackberry Storm 9530/9500, once there click on tips/hints etc. After look for Newb Guide: Lost browser is part of it has pictures included I cant remember the full name. Sorry but thats the best guide for restoreing your Browser and its simple.
    02-16-09 06:09 PM
    Since this is my first post and cant post any links bear with me please. Go back to Blackberry Storm 9530/9500, once there click on tips/hints etc. After look for Newb Guide: Lost browser is part of it has pictures included I cant remember the full name. Sorry but thats the best guide for restoreing your Browser and its simple.
    his question had already been answered a few times a few posts up
    02-16-09 06:18 PM
    3. Open the file and select "C:\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files" as the extraction directory
    This folder doesnt exist on my computer... ? I can get as far as C:\program files\common files\research in motion. But the "shared" and "loader files" folders arent there.

I have deleted all previous OS versions from my computer, was that wrong?
    02-16-09 06:23 PM
    This folder doesnt exist on my computer... ? I can get as far as C:\program files\common files\research in motion. But the "shared" and "loader files" folders arent there.

I have deleted all previous OS versions from my computer, was that wrong?
    If you don't have a device OS installed on your puter you won't find the directories as listed and besides how could you follow the instructions without the OS installed.
    02-16-09 06:43 PM
    If you don't have a device OS installed on your puter you won't find the directories as listed and besides how could you follow the instructions without the OS installed.
    The "new" instructions do not say anything about having to retain other OS versions on the computer...thats how I followed the instructions for the "new" set.

edit: So I guess the "new" instructions should still say : first, be sure you have downloaded and installed both .103 and .106 OS versions onto your computer. THEN, download and install the extractable Rar file???
    Last edited by firekick3; 02-16-09 at 07:02 PM. Reason: update
    02-16-09 06:51 PM
510 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD