ok I need help! I'm getting a replacement Storm 2 by monday because of a rebooting error, but I dont want to send the phone back with all my info on it. I'm trying to get it to start up properly one more time so I can wipe it clean. Also, I would love to do some sort of back up.

Anyhow, the problem I am having is that it will reboot to where you see the bar. After it gets to the end, before the Verizon sign goes up, the screen will turn white and I get an app error usually with code 523 or 200. Then it will just reset again. I havent loaded or taken out anything to my knowledge and although this happened a few times last week, after 2 or 3 reboots it came back on. Now it wont come back at all and I've been without a phone since yesterday afternoon. So if anyone has ANY idea how I can get the home screen to pop up at least one last time, it would be great! I will check this thread at 11 again when I'm on a lunch break and have a chance to get to a PC. Thanks in advance!
    09-10-10 08:31 AM
    have u tried boot in safe mode? also battery pull, remove the sdcard before boot up.
    09-10-10 12:38 PM
    have u tried boot in safe mode? also battery pull, remove the sdcard before boot up.
    ah, how would they have been trying to reboot, without pulling the battery??
    09-10-10 01:07 PM
    How do I reboot in safe mode? The VZ tech was trying to get me to do that but he wanted me to hold the back button when the red light comes on which is strange cause the screen is 100% locked when the red light comes on. Anyhow, he seemed to not know much and the reboot took so long that he just said "we'll just ship you a new one." So now I'm just worried about my contacts which I havent backed up in quite a while along with a few saved e-mails with some app codes that I have saved from past issues with appworld.

I also want to wipe the phone before sending it back. There is too much personal info on it, particularly financial apps with accounts that can sign on without a password
    09-10-10 01:45 PM
    09-10-10 01:52 PM
    I fixed it with the video! Thanks StaticFX. What Adam described was EXACTLY what had happened to my phone. Now its working like a charm although I wasnt able to back up the thing like I wanted to. Its ok though since I had already been using backup assistant for my contacts
    09-12-10 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD