I am currently using .141 OS and purchased Meter berry this morning, which by the way is an awesome APP.

So, after reading a few posts I deleted some apps and restarded my phone. Even at the start I began with about 30 mbs in application memory. Within 1 min or so I had already lost 2 mbs of application memory. It's been about 1 1/2 hour since I reset my phone and now I am down to 14.6 mbs application memory. That's 18.1 mbs lost since startup per Meterberry.

The following are the apps I have on my phone and I have Bluetooth and Location turned on:

123 Spoof
    Aerzie Alerts
    Berry Buzz
    Bloomberg
    CaptureIt
    CNBC_Bold
    ESPNMobileWeb
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Mobile Bartender
    MyVerizon
    Pandora
    Parking Lot
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch
    WeatherEyeTouch
    Word Mole
    YouTube

I constantly check my phone to make sure there arn't any unnessary apps running in the background.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!!!!!!
    05-22-09 10:06 AM
    That is a ton of apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 11:15 AM
    yeah, trim some of the fat....

i never understood why people have apps for stuff that is available on wap sites? they're just resource hogs!
    05-22-09 11:22 AM
    I would guess your weather app and facebook are the major culprits....
    05-22-09 11:25 AM
    yeah, trim some of the fat....

i never understood why people have apps for stuff that is available on wap sites? they're just resource hogs!
    I have a few of the same apps, which ones are available on WAP sites, I would like to trim some of my fat LOL
    05-22-09 11:44 AM
    I am currently using .141 OS and purchased Meter berry this morning, which by the way is an awesome APP.

So, after reading a few posts I deleted some apps and restarded my phone. Even at the start I began with about 30 mbs in application memory. Within 1 min or so I had already lost 2 mbs of application memory. It's been about 1 1/2 hour since I reset my phone and now I am down to 14.6 mbs application memory. That's 18.1 mbs lost since startup per Meterberry.

The following are the apps I have on my phone and I have Bluetooth and Location turned on:

123 Spoof
    Aerzie Alerts
    Berry Buzz
    Bloomberg
    CaptureIt
    CNBC_Bold
    ESPNMobileWeb
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Mobile Bartender
    MyVerizon
    Pandora
    Parking Lot
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch
    WeatherEyeTouch
    Word Mole
    YouTube

I constantly check my phone to make sure there arn't any unnessary apps running in the background.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!!!!!!
    big ones

10char
    05-22-09 11:50 AM
    bolded are available in wap format:

123 Spoof (wtf is this?)
    Aerzie Alerts
    Berry Buzz
    Bloomberg (just the launcher, right?)
    CaptureIt
    CNBC_Bold (just the launcher, right?)
    ESPNMobileWeb (just the launcher, right?)
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Mobile Bartender
    MyVerizon (all services available are also available with #bal, #pmt, #min, etc...)
    Pandora
    Parking Lot (what is this?)
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch
    WeatherEyeTouch (many, many weather sites available on wap)
    Word Mole
    YouTube

etc....and poynt for example is pretty redundant to google maps local search in my experience...unless you don't have GPS, but then again google maps wouldn't work anyway....the google wap site will allow you to do local search if you know the zip, etc...

i use the analogy of eating a salad with people who have a gazillion apps...

the apps are conveneint and occasionally very helpful, but if you eat 3 lbs of salad and slather it with ranch and bac-os, you're kind of defeating the purpose. eventually having so many apps becomes counter-productive.
    05-22-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD