10-25-09 05:59 PM
31 12
tools
    Go to c/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader and as told before make sure its empty.
    Youve stated you took all OS's off through control panel.
    Restart pc(optional step but i do it as do others)
    Load .323 exe on your pc.
    Shrink OS if you want.(your choice)
    Plug your phone to the pc. disable internet.(disconnet cable from moden or pc or however you do it.)
    Run apploader.exe. Not DM. Repeat- do not use DM.
    Apploader should recognize your phone, start install process.
    Once finished let phone boot up and do a batt pull.
    Let phone boot again and your done.

Hope this helps. Really dont see how this can be messed up. You seem to know what your doing to some extent so maybe this will help close the deal for ya. good luck
    10-23-09 01:57 AM
    Followed your instructions step by step and still getting the same results. I tried with 5.0.0.230 and 5.0.0.323. Now I am stuck on 148...sucks! I have never had an issue using Loader to update my os before and have done almost every update since 4.7.0.75. Can anyone suggest anything that I am missing? The only thing I can think of is trying it on another computer which I dont have access to right now
    10-23-09 02:49 AM
    Wish i could help more but if what i gave you doesnt help then i dont know where to go. Check some other threads and see if you can find something. Sorry , I tried. Good luck
    10-23-09 03:04 AM
    Try this.
    Uninstall everything Blackberry and/or RIM related, from Control Panel>Programs and Features.
    Restart PC.
    Go to C:/Program Files/Common Files and delete the "Research In Motion" folder if it still exists.
    Download the latest version of DM from Blackberry's site and install.
    Install 323 OS and remove the Vendor.xml file located @ C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Connect phone and make sure drivers load, you should see a message or two on the lines of "device ready to use".
    To play it safe, Run BBSAK and do a "Factory Reset" on phone.
    • If BBSAK does not see your phone at this point. Disconnect phone and Open up Task Manager, look for BbDevMgr.exe and RIMDeviceManager.exe in the Processes tab, if they are there, End Process on both of them. Then reconnect phone, and run BBSAK.

Run "Loader.exe" from the same folder the Vendor.xml file was(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader), and follow prompts from there.

If all else fails, check out this article:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry

Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Last edited by mrZoSo; 10-23-09 at 05:06 AM.
    10-23-09 03:43 AM
    Trying now..will keep u posted of the results
    10-23-09 09:01 AM
    Trying now..will keep u posted of the results
    So, what was the outcome?
    10-25-09 05:59 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD