06-10-10 01:58 PM
47 12
tools
    Honestly I love my s2 as a business device. It just seems that more and more applications that are coming out for BB devices are excluding touchscreen devices or don't release a somewhat compatible application for months. Waze is my biggest sticking point right now and they aren't even trying to make it work, just trying to force compatibility mode. That is a small issue but it is the latest in a long string of weird application issues I've seen.

In all honesty when I got my S1 it was between that and the G1. Now that I have had my S2 for about a year I want to upgrade again. I'm just a tech nerd so I love having something new and at this point, for me, Android will be the way to go if I upgrade. I will likely keep my S2 for business use and use the Incredible for my personal phone.

I hate that people make threads on here and say bye bye to BB and hello to a new phone. If you decide to move on then just move on. That's like getting a new girlfriend and calling the old one to tell her how much better you like the new one. You just come off like a *****.
    06-08-10 10:25 AM
    i hate that people make threads on here and say bye bye to bb and hello to a new phone. If you decide to move on then just move on. That's like getting a new girlfriend and calling the old one to tell her how much better you like the new one. You just come off like a *****.
    +1 !!!

-------------
    06-08-10 10:33 AM
    [...]I hate that people make threads on here and say bye bye to BB and hello to a new phone. If you decide to move on then just move on. That's like getting a new girlfriend and calling the old one to tell her how much better you like the new one. You just come off like a *****.
    That's the best I've heard that said to date. Total agreement.
    06-08-10 10:35 AM
    That's like getting a new girlfriend and calling the old one to tell her how much better you like the new one. You just come off like a *****.
    That is just stupid. Really decreases your chances of having a successful 'call' a few months down the road if a 'lonely' spell hits. I always preferred an ex to Rosie, but that is just me.
    06-08-10 11:23 AM
    ill never understand why iOS gets a free pass. It is god awful IMO. Same for Android phones, so many of their phones look identical. Isn't Droid v.4 coming out soon? lol
    06-08-10 11:26 AM
    I'd actually blame AT&T (coughCingulaircough) before the iFail for crap-tastic coverage; Cingulair would rather use AT&T's old reputation and fudge statistics than provide the coverage adequate to handle the load of a device they required be made exclusive to them, thereby bringing in customers and then scrambling to keep people from dropping calls and having problems getting on the data network as well. I'm not saying the device itself does or doesn't suck, I myself have only toyed with it briefly and never had to use it on AT&T. I know 3 people with iphones and none are rabid defenders of it, and one is wanting something new after two years. Hopefully whichever carrier gets the new release has the network to handle not only old customers but a sudden influx of new ones. When AT&T released the original iPhone they managed to get the highest new subscription rate of any carrier, but still couldn't nab "largest", that achievement went to Verizon. Who, if memory serves, passed on the iPhone back in '07.
    I didn't fact-check myself so if someone has an issue with the above info - sorry. Just posting from memory.
    My recollection is similar to yours. I think where the iPhone is partly to blame, is their technology for efficient data exchange still lags behind BB. That is to say that if a BlackBerry and an iPhone are attempting the same task, frequently less data is used by the BlackBerry, putting less stress on the network. That is where BlackBerry thinks they have a competitive advantage on the new data plan pricing by AT&T. We'll see.
    06-08-10 11:28 AM
    oh, I forgot to mention, the iPhone has a terrible track record when it comes to the most basic feature of all--phone calls. Dropped calls are a way of life with iphone users. I never drop a call with my Storm. Perhaps Apple, being primarily a computer company missed some engineering details when they decided to make cell phones. If the dropped calls were all AT&T's fault, I'd think we would have heard more complaints from AT&T's customers using other cell phone models.
    I worked for a small company that issued us AT&T cell phones and calls were being dropped all of the time. Almost everytime my boss was out of the office and would call in we would have at least one dropped call...same with when my brother calls me on his AT&T phone. I live near Pittsburgh, so it could be our area, but I hear many people complain about AT&T and many people say, "I'd have an iPhone if AT&T had good service!" I love my S2, but reception is not near as good as it was on my 8130.
    06-08-10 02:57 PM
    I worked for a small company that issued us AT&T cell phones and calls were being dropped all of the time. Almost everytime my boss was out of the office and would call in we would have at least one dropped call...same with when my brother calls me on his AT&T phone. I live near Pittsburgh, so it could be our area, but I hear many people complain about AT&T and many people say, "I'd have an iPhone if AT&T had good service!" I love my S2, but reception is not near as good as it was on my 8130.
    let me count just a few of the reasons I don't have a jesus phone:

1. AT&T
    2. dropped calls
    3. WIMPY speaker phone ( rarely hold the phone to my head--unless I MUST. 99% of the time I use speaker phone mode on my cell and cordless phones)
    4. no multitasking
    5. no BBM
    6. non replaceable battery
    7.non removable memory

As far as the iPhone having a zillion apps, check out the top 50 apps currently--most all of them are stupid games. I don't use my phone to play games. I do my gaming on a PS3.
    06-08-10 03:03 PM
    1. On VZ network
    2. Large touchscreen
    3. Great Email
    4. Able to sync directly to Outlook (all modules, task, memo/notes, contacts and calendar.

#4 is the reason I left Palm after using their products since 1996 (palmpilot). The Pre just wouldn't do it unless you went through some complicated process. Palm wants you to use the cloud and google.

Good Luck
    06-08-10 06:09 PM
    I have remained loyal to BB in part because of the rock hard reliability (Verizon), security and the dozens of BBM contacts from around the world. It's dirt cheap to communicate with them via BBM, and occasionally even Skype.
    06-09-10 01:54 AM
    the dozens of BBM contacts from around the world. It's dirt cheap to communicate with them via BBM
    Tks for this info.
    I didn't realize you could use BBM to commuicate outside the US. (I'm new to BB)

Good Luck
    06-09-10 06:44 PM
    Reasons why I don't have an iPhone:

- No SurePress
    - No SureType
    - No convenience keys (which means no quicklaunch)
    - No removable battery
    - No standard USB charging port
    - No multitasking (for now)
    - No BBM
    - No LED
    - No flash (I use the flashlight quite often)
    - Poorer battery life
    - No push notifications
    - Inefficient data usage (tiered data plans are all the rage in Canada)
    - UI looks too juvenile and flashy
    - It looks like crap (iPhone 4 looks great though)
    - Screen is very vulnerable to drops without as much of a buffer at the sides
    - iTunes can go screw itself

The list goes on... Hey, that was fun.
    06-09-10 07:06 PM
    I don't care if the iPhone got the Intel Xenon Nehalem proc from the Mac Book Pro and holographic projection virtual video chat, I wouldn't want one. I'm not saying the iPhone is bad, it's just not for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have news for you. If those were the iphones specs I:

1. would switch
    2. get rid of my desktop and laptop
    3. get about 3 or 4 huge monitors
    4. open up an IT outsourcing business on my iphone
    5. Brag like theres no tomorrow...
    06-09-10 07:44 PM
    Everything you stated has already been said. No disrespect but we understand BlackBerry-business iphone-Play & Android-*Has yet to establish a defined customer genre? If that's the right word.

Give BlackBerry two years....they will come back into the game.

06-09-10 08:06 PM

- No SurePress
    - No SureType
    - No removable battery
    - No BBM
    - No LED
    - Poorer battery life
    - No push notifications

This list is pretty exhaustive. Wish I can put it up as a banner for those folks fawning over the iPhone that does only what Steve Jobs thinks you need.
    06-09-10 08:28 PM

- No SurePress
    - No SureType
    - No removable battery
    - No BBM
    - No LED
    - Poorer battery life
    - No push notifications

I'm no iphone fan boy...but there's an app for all that.

06-09-10 08:44 PM
    I'm no iphone fan boy...but there's an app for all that.

I was just about to say that ! LOL
    06-10-10 12:44 AM
    let me count just a few of the reasons I don't have a jesus phone:

1. AT&T
    2. dropped calls
    3. WIMPY speaker phone ( rarely hold the phone to my head--unless I MUST. 99% of the time I use speaker phone mode on my cell and cordless phones)
    4. no multitasking
    5. no BBM
    6. non replaceable battery
    7.non removable memory

As far as the iPhone having a zillion apps, check out the top 50 apps currently--most all of them are stupid games. I don't use my phone to play games. I do my gaming on a PS3.

What's your post count now Dave????
    06-10-10 01:34 AM
    What's your post count now Dave????
    Rather more than your post count - not that post count is relevant to this discussion.
    06-10-10 11:51 AM
    Am I aging myself more, or less, when I say I remember my Commodore 64?
    06-10-10 11:59 AM
    Am I aging myself more, or less, when I say I remember my Commodore 64?
    Less for me, takes me back to when I was a kid and got one from my brother when he graduated college. Joystick worked better on it than my parents' IBMpc-jr.
    06-10-10 12:29 PM
    I'm sick of hearing about people switching from Blackberry to Droid. How can you go to a phone that is always bested by the new release the next week?
    I'm not sure if this is a legitimate argument. First off, it was about six months before the Droid was trumped by the Incredible. Six months is hardly a week. Second, new technology will always trump old technology. Your argument is akin to saying, "I'm buying a horse, because if I buy 2011 Corvette, the 2012 will be faster." While that's true, both are faster than your horse.

At least Blackberry is stable, they have control of what company is making their products and they are stable.
    I believe iPhones have fewer OS updates than BBs.

Blackberry is a business phone that's it's main purpose and it does it well.
    This has been the saving grace of BB since the introduction of the iPhone. However, unless you're reliant on connecting to BES, the Droid and iPhone can handle all the same business tasks. I have friends who use both for business, with no complaints.
    Last edited by Zod1010; 06-10-10 at 02:01 PM.
    06-10-10 01:58 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD