Learning so much from these forums...but, now don't laugh......if I use one of those holsters that help extent the batterylife of Storm....how the heck does that work? Also, application memory....I am relentless about closing everything as I exit...but my app memory is very very low at times.....what affects this and how does it affect the phone? I have only had the phone a couple weeks and have not downloaded much to it. Thanks for any tips, tricks or thoughts.
    05-28-09 09:42 AM
    Your app memory if it gets to low will slow your phone down. Its easy just to close out apps that your not using. Also the quickest way to get back app memory is to do a battery pull. Its just what it sounds like. Take your battery out for a few seconds then put it back in and let your phone boot back up. It frees up a lot of space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:09 AM
    Some holsters put your phone in a sleep mode which will help extend your battery life.
    05-28-09 11:17 AM
    don't worry about app memory unless your phone starts to slow down.

a watched pot will never boil.

if you go psycho over your app memory, then eventually you'll start freaking out when it drops a small amount. it's supposed to be used, it's a resource for your phone. if it doesn't come back after awhile, then it will slowly add up, and you'll lag out.

so my suggestion is just use your phone the way you've been, and if it starts to slow down, pull up the app switcher screen, see if stuff is open, if it is close it, if there's nothing open, then clear logs, and use the memory cleaner. if its still slow, then do a battery pull. if you need more clarification, let me know.
    05-28-09 11:19 AM
    i think the OP was talking about one of the ones that has a battery built into it...i saw one for some of the berries that has the charging contacts on the back...it won't work with the storm, no dock charger contacts, just the USB port.
    05-28-09 11:20 AM
    You guys are great....Is there a way to set Memory cleaning to be automatic? I called Verizon yesterday and the person told me there to clean the browser cache fully every other day or so...is there a way to set that auto? Thanks for all the help....I have done battery pull and yes, it does bounce right back up. I don't want to become OCD about this, just trying to learn stuff. Verizon is not the best resource. LOL
    05-28-09 11:56 AM
    browser cache is different than memory cleaning...no way to auto clear your browser cache, but the memory cleaning i was referring to is found in
    options>security>memory cleaning, enable, and set to auto.
    05-28-09 12:02 PM
    i think the OP was talking about one of the ones that has a battery built into it...i saw one for some of the berries that has the charging contacts on the back...it won't work with the storm, no dock charger contacts, just the USB port.
    I think the OP was talking about the cases with the magnet in them and how they put the phone to sleep.
    05-29-09 06:34 AM
    I think the OP was talking about the cases with the magnet in them and how they put the phone to sleep.
    yeah i know, but a guy can dream, can't he?
    05-29-09 11:18 AM
    yeah i know, but a guy can dream, can't he?
    yeah it would be cool to have a case with a battery in it, could make the storm run for a week without a charge
    05-29-09 04:30 PM
    i thought it was this
    05-29-09 04:33 PM
    browser cache is different than memory cleaning...no way to auto clear your browser cache, but the memory cleaning i was referring to is found in
    options>security>memory cleaning, enable, and set to auto.
    Keep in mind that slows up your phone, so I just do it manually every few days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:00 AM
    it's slow, only sometimes. i switch back and forth and i haven't noticed a difference in performance, except for when it was cleaning. i think there's a theshold that has to be met to trigger a cleaning event, and it will only clean when locked/holstered/dormant...it won't do it while you're using the phone. but don't be suprised if you pick the phone up and it's cleaning for a min and won't respond. it will tell you if its cleaning though, "please wait, cleaning in process" or somethin...
    05-30-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD