Anyone else noticed that YouTube updated the vid quality on their mobile website? correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are now getting vids in h.264!

There is no longer an option to select HD. So no more crappy 3gp quality... yaaay for google!
    07-09-10 04:17 AM
    I do still have the option for hq but not on wifi. Videos do look better IMO. Here is a link with a little info about the upgrades.

YouTube Blog: YouTube Mobile gets a kick start
    07-09-10 08:36 AM
    Anyone else noticed that YouTube updated the vid quality on their mobile website? correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are now getting vids in h.264!

There is no longer an option to select HD. So no more crappy 3gp quality... yaaay for google!
    doesn't look (or sound) any better than it has in the past. I went to m.youtube.com yesterday and loaded up my "test" video, which is Landslide by Stevie Nicks. still looks like crap. played on my Touch, it's like watching a clear TV broadcast and sounds fine.
    07-09-10 09:53 AM
    Ok, very strange. A couple weeks ago, I noted that while connected through WiFi (despite what Dave said) that all the youtube videos were crystal clear on my S2, but were choppy and crappy if connected through the mobile network. But today, it makes no difference, they are all back to being crappy. Dang it, Youtube, make up your mind!
    07-09-10 10:28 AM
    YouTube has supposedly released HTML5...
    07-09-10 10:34 AM
    its hit and miss
    07-09-10 10:50 AM
    just looked. sounded fine but video quality was poor
    07-09-10 12:59 PM
    Ok, very strange. A couple weeks ago, I noted that while connected through WiFi (despite what Dave said) that all the youtube videos were crystal clear on my S2, but were choppy and crappy if connected through the mobile network. But today, it makes no difference, they are all back to being crappy. Dang it, Youtube, make up your mind!
    I still notice much better quality on a WiFi connection even if I select HQ using BIS/VZW.
    07-09-10 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD