When I first upgraded to .328, my memory dropped down to around 30MB when I did a battery pull.

I tried .419 & .428 a little last week and again this weekend, but they just are not for me due the signal quality and my being right on the edge of a towers coverage. So I reinstalled .328 and then the few applications that I use (Storm does not like may application or Themes so I avoid the ones I don't need).

For some reason after the reinstall of .328, I'm at 47.5 MB... not sure why. I did not do a backup and restore this time. I installed my applications from scratch and synced my contacts, calendar, and tasks.

I wonder if a large number of MESSAGES (email, text, BBM) affect your application memory? That is really the only thing different that I can think of, other than maybe Internet cache?
    12-28-09 02:23 PM
    Since I deleted Google Maps yesterday, I have not had any more memory leaking issues! So GM was the problem, who would've known.
    12-29-09 09:14 AM
    where are all you people getting all this memory from>???? i have barely any 3rd party apps on my phone and when i reboot, the higest it goes it 15.4 mb free. running on stock theme and the only 3rd party apps i have are quickpull, youtube, app world and my verizon. i even deleted google maps and blackberry maps thinking it would get me more memory.. where can this leak be coming from???? please help
    04-26-10 01:26 PM
    Well I am now running 328 and I boot at 34 and maybe drop to 30 by the end of the day. I got memory by backing up my phone, wiping it, and reloaded the OS and shrunk. Went from booting at 17 to 34. I have a good many apps and run a theme as well.
    04-26-10 01:32 PM
    I boot with over 30 and within a couple hours im down to 12 or so. I think bb messenger is a huge memory leaker...
    Especially if you're in groups :|
    04-26-10 01:34 PM
    Since I deleted Google Maps yesterday, I have not had any more memory leaking issues! So GM was the problem, who would've known.
    I don't think that Google Maps is the problem. I'm having the same issue with my Storm and I don't have GM installed. The only third party app I have on my phone at this point is FB since I've been deleting them one by one each time I get the message that my application memory is low.
    04-27-10 07:14 AM
    interesting, i wonder where the leak is coming from, very strange
    04-28-10 07:49 PM
    Guys,

Here is what found. I am running a shrunk 328. have quite a few apps. but have narrowed down the memory culprits to the following:

-browser (sitting in the airports I do this a lot. a sure fire way of killing my memory quickly) Ofcourse you can clean cache after you are done, but if you forget to do that, you will end up doing a battery pull.

-Ubertwitter- running it in the background all day can slowly kill your memory, though not as quickly as the browser.
    lesser evils:
    -BBM -groups.
    -google maps.
    -any gps app left running background.

just my 0.02

-G
    04-29-10 09:22 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD