Hi,

After hearing all those things about windows 7. I did update my storm .75--->.113 and guess what it works!!!
    .113 is excellent,super speed compared to .75, bowser is way too fun. I would advice all those people who are waiting for official update(like i was) to upgrade and you would love it. I did try the usb power thing, just to be sure.
    Thanks for all your help.
    now I am really loving my bb storm
    04-02-09 06:15 PM
    Yea been running it about a week w/no issues. memory gets down at times but it still runs fine.
    04-02-09 10:17 PM
    I'm with you....Made the jump a few weeks ago and I'm all about it...Phone is running great, most amount of memory i have ever had, very smooth and for the most part extremely stable..
    04-02-09 10:27 PM
    Dude, .113 is just nuts... I was just a casual user before i got my storm, and after getting the phone and joined crackberry and browsing around about "leak" os and stuff, It just blew my mind... I used to use the .109 i think? the official one for bell. I was just wandering what I need to know and be weary when installing leak os, also whats the dif between .113 and .114? .113 sounded like its still more favourable? Also maybe some tips regarding installing/ browsing/ and keeping track with newest betas. Thx guys
    04-03-09 12:04 AM
    I went from .75 to .109 about a month ago and really liked it for it's stability and general overall improvement over .75 ... Lately however, I was only getting about 26-28 mb free RAM even after a battery pull and the phone even got stuck with the little clock just spinning a couple of times. After seeing so many positive responses from .113 users and not really wanting to get totally goofy with hybrids and swapping out individual .cod files I decided to pull the trigger and load .113. Right away I got 39mb free RAM after a reboot and the phone is fast and solid. I opened and closed every single app I've got, reset all the settings, reregistered or whatever else I needed to do to get things back to normal. After opening and closing and using over 20 3rd party apps I'm still at 36.8mb free. Much better memory management than .109 so far. And I didn't bog .109 down by letting crap build up, if it could be cleaned or kept clean I did it. It just started bogging down and losing memory over time. I'm hoping .113 is as good as it appears to be right now.

Thanks as always to folks who post honest impressions and the Crackberry crazies here who keep the leaked OS'es coming. I'm not waiting for anything from Verizon that's for sure.
    04-03-09 01:32 AM
    .113 is probably one of thje worst OS's I have had on the phone. Battery life doesnt even make a full day, memory sucks, hour clock seen many more tims then other OS's downgrading back to .109 this weekend
    04-03-09 04:13 AM
    .113 is working fine for me. I had it on the device for about 2 weeks now with no problems. I must even say that mms works as well. I've tried sending mms, forwarding mms and it worked without any fix. As mention before, os can have adverse effects for every unit.
    04-03-09 06:33 AM
    The only difference I notice between .109 and .113 is Cut and Paste (cool) and Lord have mercy, the Camera is just so, so much better.

It could be a tad bit quicker but I'd have to put a stop watch to it.

So far so good, about a week now. I don't know what's up with people complaining about the battery, I've never seen a difference between .75, .109, and now .113. I have noticed with every leak there is a whole bunch of people complaining about a battery leak.
    04-03-09 06:42 AM
    Last night I was having problems trying to get my phone to update to .113.

I ended up trying something and got App Error 205.

So I ended up recovering my phone, putting .75 on my phone.

I then restored my phones data and contacts and such.

Then I put on .113, removed the wallpaper, vodaphone music, and some other COD file and then didnt install any of the verizon crap, navigator, etc. I also put on .109 keyboard files.

Only apps I have on here are calculator, vid cam, voice recorder, voice dialing, and app center. No IM programs but AIM, only one I use most of the time. Also left brickbreaker on there, love that game, best I ever got to was level 30.

I am going to install berrybuzz and thats prob about it for now. I havent found many games/apps that I like really.

56.2MB free memory.

This is the most I have ever had. I usually have about 45mb or less. I had installed .114 Hybrid 3 and my battery was draining faster then usual, memory leaks horrible. Just having my phone on overnight went from memory in the 40's to memory in the 20's. I also leave my screen brightness on 10. So that didnt have much to do with the battery drains.

So far .113 is pretty fast. Bootup after reset or battery pull is/seems faster then before, flipping between landscape and portrait is fastest I have seen so far. Its pretty much instant like I want but not out of control. Browser speed seems good.

This is the 2nd storm I have got. I got my original storm on release day. I went to a store around lunch time, I had called and they had got a second shipment of storms delivered by fedex so I drove as fast as I could (90mph) on the highway and got there in 15 minutes. By the time I got there, all storms gone. So I was like damn Im pissed. So I was ordering one and I had the stupidest, slowest VZW guy there, but anyway, I was listening to the guy next to me and they were trying to adjust his plan and his family's plan, he ended up for some reason not getting his storm because of something with his plan, so I said, Can I get his and they let me have it.

I had my phone for several months and about a month ago I called VZQ because I had tons of dust under the screen and my phone was freezing so bad I was doing 4-5 battery pulls a day. Got them to send me a new phone after 2 calls into VZW and they got me my new storm in 2 days. It came in a brown box and there was a date of 2/23/09 on the box where the barcodes were. Does that mean my phone was made 2/23/09? It seemed to click better and I have not noticed any dust under my screen yet since Ive had it about a month.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BoNg420; 04-03-09 at 06:54 AM.
    04-03-09 06:48 AM
    Yea been running it about a week w/no issues. memory gets down at times but it still runs fine.
    you have to upgrade weatherbug...then it will works much better

LOVE MY STORM
    04-03-09 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD