I have searched for the past hour to no avail - since I bought my Storm I am looking for a way to get OFF BES and send/receive emails thru BIS. I can sync address book and calendar via desktop no problem - is there ANY way to keep my email synced via BIS?

For u Admins - reason I want off BES is I keep upgrading OS and tweaking phone so I am bugging my admin every week almost with "can you re-activate" my account....plus since it is MY storm .
    Last edited by markyoung04; 02-22-09 at 02:28 PM.
    02-22-09 09:51 AM
    I have searched for the past hour to no avail - since I bought my Storm I am looking for a way to get OFF BES and send/receive emails thru BIS. I can sync address book and calendar via desktop no problem - is there ANY way to keep my email synced via BIS?

For u Admins - reason I want off BES is I keep upgrading OS and tweaking phone so I am bugging my admin every week almost with "can you re-activate" my account....plus since it is MY storm .

*****UPDATE*********
    Okay, so I am resigned to not being able to truly sync w/ Lotus - but I can at least get my email to forward to a new gmail account and have it push to my phone, but try as I may I can not get the reply to look like it is coming from my work email address - usually there is a reply to/with but I can not find it - I setup the new gmail with IMAP so I only have to manage the Storm and my Lotus Inbox...any thoughts on this?
    02-22-09 02:28 PM
    If POP or IMAP is running on the LN server, you could use those.
    02-22-09 08:12 PM
    With Lotus Notes you could do a Desktop Manager sync to activate your phone. In LN, open a connection to your BES server and find your state database, open state database, create a local replica of it and then set your BES server in Desktop Manager, run a sync and it should activate.
    02-22-09 08:13 PM
    With Lotus Notes you could do a Desktop Manager sync to activate your phone. In LN, open a connection to your BES server and find your state database, open state database, create a local replica of it and then set your BES server in Desktop Manager, run a sync and it should activate.
    LOL so you are saying I can basically re-activate my BES connection w/out bothering them?

That would be plan B and better than what I am doing now.

BTW, thank u very much for the options!!!
    02-22-09 08:33 PM
    If POP or IMAP is running on the LN server, you could use those.
    So I can just call them and ask if we are running IMAP and do BIS connect that way huh? It is a personal phone so I would prefer that way. I can do calendar and contact sync via DM - sounds like best option what am I missing?
    02-22-09 08:36 PM
    So I can just call them and ask if we are running IMAP and do BIS connect that way huh? It is a personal phone so I would prefer that way. I can do calendar and contact sync via DM - sounds like best option what am I missing?
    Yes, that should work. Some companies don't allow IMAP or POP depending on their IT security policicies, so depends on how strict your company is.
    02-22-09 08:41 PM
    Yes, that should work. Some companies don't allow IMAP or POP depending on their IT security policicies, so depends on how strict your company is.
    We are a pretty loose company by nature.

Thanks so much again for your help
    02-22-09 08:50 PM
    Were you able to do this? I've been using mNote to sync using Windows Mobile for a few years now. About to try the Storm and was curious about the same thing...

The email piece is not a big concern for me. I am more concern with sync contacts and calendar. I guess I can alway default to typical wire sync, which is fine too.
    04-12-09 07:30 PM
    Sorry to drop like this but a have a big issue i m new in It and maybe my questions are boring but maybe someone will help me .
    I have a LN server protocol commnication is tcpt/ip
    2bb 8800 and desktop Manager 4.5
    What config can i do so i could activate the BB via USB
    Could somebody explain to me in details because i m hard headed
    Thanks
    04-15-09 06:48 PM
    *****UPDATE*********
    Okay, so I am resigned to not being able to truly sync w/ Lotus - but I can at least get my email to forward to a new gmail account and have it push to my phone, but try as I may I can not get the reply to look like it is coming from my work email address - usually there is a reply to/with but I can not find it - I setup the new gmail with IMAP so I only have to manage the Storm and my Lotus Inbox...any thoughts on this?
    So yea...setup a mail rule to forward a copy of every mail to your gmail..

the reply to option in gmail is here...click on settings in your gmail box and hten click on Accounts and you will see a "Send mail as" section...

and then whenever you reply from your BB it'll look like its from your work account

The way i do it for my work is i used my blackberry email address instead of a gmail and changed my blackberry email addy's "reply-to" to my work email addy...

works flawless..

no sync of calendar or contacts...but you can use other options for that..
    04-15-09 07:00 PM
    So yea...setup a mail rule to forward a copy of every mail to your gmail..

the reply to option in gmail is here...click on settings in your gmail box and hten click on Accounts and you will see a "Send mail as" section...

and then whenever you reply from your BB it'll look like its from your work account

The way i do it for my work is i used my blackberry email address instead of a gmail and changed my blackberry email addy's "reply-to" to my work email addy...

works flawless..

no sync of calendar or contacts...but you can use other options for that..
    Any idea on the Lotus Notes rules that does the auto-forward on how to set it active only at certain time of the day?
    04-18-09 01:00 AM
    Question I contacted my IT group to set up and they wanted my dept to purchase a liscense. Well did not want restrictive policies on my personal phone. Done some searching and found out about rules and set up to forward all mail to personal account. Did not work but I can forward by using forward command. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 08:06 AM
    Works great for me. Using the rules in Lotus Notes to forward to gmail. BB BIS send to my storm. Been using it for two days now.

04-18-09 05:59 PM
    Works great for me. Using the rules in Lotus Notes to forward to gmail. BB BIS send to my storm. Been using it for two days now.

You can do this but you won't be able to respond to emails, sync your calendar, sync read/unread, etc. Also, if you're company is like mine, it is a huuuge no-no to store confidential information on a non-company server. You could get in a lot of trouble if the notes admin sees that you created an automatic forwarding rule. Be careful!

I just got on my company BES and it is fantastic. Never realized how handy a blackberry can really be. Mobile Sametime is another big reason to just forgo the whole forwarding thing and get back on the servcer.
    04-18-09 06:44 PM
    You can do this but you won't be able to respond to emails, sync your calendar, sync read/unread, etc. Also, if you're company is like mine, it is a huuuge no-no to store confidential information on a non-company server. You could get in a lot of trouble if the notes admin sees that you created an automatic forwarding rule. Be careful!

I just got on my company BES and it is fantastic. Never realized how handy a blackberry can really be. Mobile Sametime is another big reason to just forgo the whole forwarding thing and get back on the servcer.
    You can reply to emails. I have mine setup with the "forward" rule and reply all the time.

I'll keep doing it this was until my company says something... I can't be locked down on their BES!!!
    04-18-09 07:20 PM
    Getting yourself on your company BES, do you have to switch from BIS dataplan to BES data plan?
    04-18-09 07:44 PM
    Getting yourself on your company BES, do you have to switch from BIS dataplan to BES data plan?
    Yup... In my case I would have to: A) Send my phone in to corporate and let them set it up (not going to happen). B) Get a company issued Berry (not going to happen). Most large companies are behind with the "newest" software updates and I can't be having that!!!!
    04-18-09 07:59 PM
    Using IMAP is much better. When calendar invitations get to your phone, you can accept/decline/whatever, and they end up in your calendar.
    04-18-09 08:12 PM
    Okay, so I setup a BB email and have Lotus Notes forwarding the email to it and the reply to and sig setup just like my work email - works like a champ.

I control calendar and contacts via DM now too (at least I will try calendar I have been doing this with my contacts for a while since jumping to my laptop - I assume Calendar will work the same once I disable wireless sync).

Only drawback is deleting emails on the BB does not obviously delete on LN - thinking I am going to try this since I have a laptop anyway and take the time to sort my email to folders for later use.

One bonus I did not think of is now my GMAIL and my BB email are in two seperate folders - man that ALWAYS bugged me that my gmail would mesh with my "messages" folder when using BES (don't have access to the server so cant set that up myself).
    04-21-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD