Ok, I've been reading thru the forum for the last two weeks. I've learned TONS (thanks everyone for sharing your tips) but I still have some questions that I haven't been able to find answers to. This is my first BB and I just love it!

1. When I go to an application (like calendar or contacts etc) do I have to hit "close" to exit out or can I just use the end or back button? The guy at VZW told me I have to "close" my programs or it would run my battery down quicker.

2. What is a battery pull and why do you do it?

3. What are themes? Is that the same as your background picture?

4. Is there anyway I can stop my email from going to my BB when I'm at home? I have my Outlook running on my computer and it's redundant to have it download to my BB at the same time.

5. Do I need a blackberry email account?

6. When I'm at work I have my phone set on vibrate or silent. Several times my hubby has called and his ring tone has been audible. What is the point of silent or vibrate if it's going to ring at inconvenient times?

7. I know this question has been asked before, but I have to ask again. I ride horses. Is there a case that would be good for me to get so I can carry my phone when I ride? I upgraded from a LG that I could just slip in my pocket. Can't do that with my Storm and I hate this leather case the VZW guy talked my hubby into my getting. It's big and bulky and I just hate it. I really need something that's going to protect my phone if I get dumped off my horse.

Thanks again everyone for all the help.

TJ
    02-14-09 07:19 AM
    1. Yes, you have to close most programs for them to end. Some, for example, the Crackberry Launcher, don't need to be closed because it runs in the web browser.

2. A battery pull is when you remove the battery phone while it is on. It is a hard reset that may fix some minor problems that you may have on your phone at any time.

3. A theme changes many aspects of the phone. Icons, wallpaper, text, etc...

4. I can't really think of a way to do this.

5. No, you can set up most any e-mail account with your blackberry.

6. It may be because he has a special ringtone. I have a curve, but this may be the same on the Storm. Go to profiles, and then advanced. At the bottom there will be a spot that says "Use Active profiles except for" and your huband will probably be listed there because of the ringtone. Just uncheck the box by his name and it should switch back to vibrate until you check the box again.

7. Just look around on the Crackberry store. I am not that familiar with Storm cases, so I can't answer this one for you.

Good luck!
    02-14-09 07:55 AM
    I was going to help, then I saw you were a Gator fan.

No just kidding, Dylan beat me to it.

Welcome to CB.
    02-14-09 08:20 AM
    I was going to help, then I saw you were a Gator fan.

Welcome to CB.
    ROFL Thanks for the welcome. Not everyone can be a Gator fan.
    02-14-09 08:26 AM
    Not everyone wants to be .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 08:33 AM
    As far as riding horses goes, I would look into something like the revamped otterbox as is is very durable.
    02-14-09 08:34 AM
    I just have two suggestion for you. For your second question about battery pulls, I recommend installing QuickPull or Soft Reset (both available via the OTA link in the 3rd party app subforum) which simulates the battery pull without having to actually remove the battery physically. As for your sixth question about custom ringtones, the sound profiles on the early OS versions of the storm have problems with the sound profiles when using a custom ringtone. The only solution to fix these ringtones from ringing is to create a custom sound profile. Also welcome to CB and congratulations on your storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 11:16 AM
    mg/
    6. It is a software glitch that has yet to be fixed. The more comments that are sent to rim re the storm the sooner they will be fixed.
    02-14-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD