Hi, i have been around crackberrry for a short time now, and thought i would bring this up. On Monday i was walking from one class to another and when i got to class my storm had either fallen off my belt or had been swiped by someone in the hall. this is something that hasn't happened to me so it's the first time i have suspended the phone after 1 day of constant calling to no avail. i will be going back to class tomorrow hoping to revieve the phone from someone who picked it up and was not in my lab class. luckily i have insurance for the phone but when i put a claim through i was informed that the micro sd card that comes with the storm is not covered. the case how ever is. that is an annoyance seeing that the micro sd card had some personal things on it as well with the phone plus about 200+ contacts that i have gained over the years because of moving from place to place. i am attempting to find a way track my phone so i can try to get it back within the 10 day grace period from the insurance company. if anyone has some help other than what has been said in the previous post's i would greatly appreciate it. you can also PM if you are kind enough to take some personal time to help... other than that i'm a sad storm owner without there storm
    02-17-09 11:31 PM
    Sorry to hear about your lose. I hope that you find it or get a replacement soon. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost my storm. As for your contacts, did you do any updates recently, you can always restore the new device with a backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 12:27 AM
    Sorry to here that...you could trace it with google latitude...make sure you always back up the phone every once in a while, with DM. I also use google sync for backing up my calendar and contacts. I hope everything works out!
    02-18-09 07:12 AM
    google latitude how do i trace it than?
    02-18-09 02:03 PM
    i also have put in a thing to get a replacement but the 8 gig micro sd is gone as with the cases that i got with the phone i guess. so i'm paying 50 for that stuff plus another 70 for the rest missing... i'm trying to a find a way to get my phone back so i don't have to spend that much because some *** whole stole my phone. I feel sorry for the person who i find stole my phone.
    02-18-09 02:12 PM
    google latitude how do i trace it than?
    From your computer you can find the last reported location of your device. This only works if you have latitude installed and running on the device. If you do, go to http://m.google.com/latitude on your computer and log in. Once you do, click on your gmail address to show your last location on the map. Also with the addition of the GPS working with 3.0.2, you can get a fairly accurate listing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD