I've had my Storm a few days and had to trade it in for screen click issues.

My first storm had an SMS/MMS icon right next to Messages. I don't recall if my second one ever had the icon or maybe it had it and I lost it. Bottom line is that I don't have it now. I've looked around some folders to see if I misplaced it but couldn't find it. I keep getting SMS alerts but don't know how to get into SMS to check them. Any help?
    01-16-09 01:23 PM
    I panicked and posted too quickly. I went to home screen options and reset icons to original layout and the icon came back. Any idea what happened to it? If I made a mistake I'd like to avoid it in the future.
    01-16-09 01:26 PM
    Ok, so I'm thinking it must have been hidden?

Using "Show all" and then Unhide on the SMS icon probably would have fixed it?

I'm having a great conversation with myself here. Hopefully my premature thread will help someone else in the future if they have the same problem.
    Sorry.
    01-16-09 01:35 PM
    could have been the hide/unhide thing or maybe under your message options->general options SMS and Email Inboxes setting was set on "combine"
    01-16-09 01:40 PM
    I thought of that but the SMSs weren't coming up under messages so I moved on from that idea.

Thanks for pointing out how to change it if that had been the problem. I went there and "SMS and Email inboxes" was set to "theme controlled". I changed it to "seperate".
    01-16-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD