Hey everyone, today I ran into a problem: After an hour with the phone in my pocket I took it out. It unlocked (padlock button) and then tried to open an app... the cursor wouldn't go over the app! But evertyhing else responded (bb button, call, end, back, PUSHING the screen worked) but the screen wouldn't select anything when I put my finger on it. I had to do a battery pull.... THen it happened again after 10 minutes in my pocket... Any idea? Why did this happen? I'm running .87, never had problems with this OS.

Thanks!
    01-23-09 10:47 AM
    90 really helped me with the sensitivity. I had some issues with this as well in 86, but they seem to be gone right now. If it continues I would take it back and get a new one.
    01-23-09 10:58 AM
    man i hope there no issues with the offical update
    01-23-09 11:03 AM
    90 really helped me with the sensitivity. I had some issues with this as well in 86, but they seem to be gone right now. If it continues I would take it back and get a new one.
    You guys are installing leaked Oss. So why would you take a phone back for user error? Install at your own risk is what it says.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 11:08 AM
    You guys are installing leaked Oss. So why would you take a phone back for user error? Install at your own risk is what it says.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Let me actually correct my prior statement - I also had issues with swipe/touch sensitivity when I went back to .75 - I was actually thinking about returning the phone, but since I have updated to 90, I have had none of these problems.
    01-23-09 11:31 AM
    Doesn't sound like a software thing. Your SurePress button is probably wearing out. We "attempted" to implement storms in our corp enviroment and had many problems with this. Individual users don't seem to be having to many issues on a phone by phone basis but out of the 30 or so devices we tested in a sandbox enviroment at least half have either failed or are on there way out. I myself on my personal device had the button fail all together. I'll say again when I looked at the engineering of the surepress itself the physical technology of it isn't very durable. I think it the screen needs more reinforcment so this "click" doesn't wear out so fast with heavy usage.
    01-23-09 11:31 AM
    Hey everyone, today I ran into a problem: After an hour with the phone in my pocket I took it out. It unlocked (padlock button) and then tried to open an app... the cursor wouldn't go over the app! But evertyhing else responded (bb button, call, end, back, PUSHING the screen worked) but the screen wouldn't select anything when I put my finger on it. I had to do a battery pull.... THen it happened again after 10 minutes in my pocket... Any idea? Why did this happen? I'm running .87, never had problems with this OS.

Thanks!
    Oh, my friend, you may very well be screwed! I had the same issue with my last storm. That is the reason it was my last storm. I had the .83 version installed and it was great for a couple of weeks and then went downhill in a matter of 3-4 days. Losing it's sensitivity was what did it in for me. I would try to open my email, but it wouldn't let me highlight the email icon and other things like that.

In addition, the scrolling was all f*****ed up. Lets say went into the Options screen. I would want to look at the Status page, so I scroll down -- but as soon as I let my finger up it went right back to the top of the page.

So I thought to myself, "Okay .83 just isn't working for me; I need to downgrade back to the Official .75." I did that, but the same touchscreen issues were occuring; even after a full wipe with JL_CMDer.

I took it to the store, they did a batt pull, but same issues were coming up for the next couple of days. So they decided to call in a replacement.

So if you are having what I'm describing, save yourself some time and just go get it replaced.
    01-23-09 11:44 AM
    Crap...
    01-23-09 02:01 PM
    It happened again. Do you think that reflashing it would help? If it happens again it's going to the store!
    01-24-09 04:39 AM
    Doesn't sound like a software thing. Your SurePress button is probably wearing out. We "attempted" to implement storms in our corp enviroment and had many problems with this. Individual users don't seem to be having to many issues on a phone by phone basis but out of the 30 or so devices we tested in a sandbox enviroment at least half have either failed or are on there way out. I myself on my personal device had the button fail all together. I'll say again when I looked at the engineering of the surepress itself the physical technology of it isn't very durable. I think it the screen needs more reinforcment so this "click" doesn't wear out so fast with heavy usage.

Almost every demo I try in a verizon store, the screens don't click in some corner. yet, they have all been updated with 75...so I know someone is paying attention...

Oh well, At least you get to exchange your new phone for a refurb..
    01-24-09 06:38 AM
    Actually vodafone promises a new phone. They will either repair it or give you a new one. Their rules They don't give out refurbs for faulty new ones.
    01-24-09 06:40 AM
    Replace it ASAP. It is defective and will eventually fail to register any touch.
    01-24-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD