I updated from .113 to the official and I've now lost everything. I had 4 different backups saved on my external hard drive which was working fine a few hours ago. Now it appears the hard drive is damaged so I can't get anything back.
    06-01-09 02:10 AM
    Eeep!

Are you absolutely sure it didn't save an extra backup? I've had to walk a few through the update today, and that's what it seems to do if it does not succeed in reloading.
    06-01-09 02:12 AM
    Yeah I've looked all through my computer and all the backups were saved on a hard drive that just decided to stop working. The hard drive wasn't showing up and under the drive management it said it was unallocated. So I'm not really sure how to go about getting it back.
    06-01-09 02:16 AM
    That sucks. I'm pretty sure there is no way to get it back, unless you get that HDD working...

I've learned to ALWAYS do a backup RIGHT before an OS upgrade, just in case. (and to a reliable source, of course)
    06-01-09 02:21 AM
    So apparently my storm saved a backup on its onboard memory. Just when you want to throw it at a wall you fall back in love with it.
    06-01-09 02:33 AM
    Try rebooting your PC and look again.
    06-01-09 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD