Basically, I upgraded from .83 to .85 last night/this morning and the update has been great. Seems a lot faster all around (but no where in particular too significantly). Everything just seems sharpened up, more stable, and virtually no lag from what it seems.

However, I did run into one huge problem. I lost all my contacts in my phone book, and blackberry messenger! Is there anyway I can get this back without having to do a restore. (Looking for the file right now)
    12-28-08 02:45 PM
    To get BBM back you will need to plug in device>Open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove> and check mark the BBM box>Finish.

If your contacts are missing, then yes you need to restore. It only takes 5 minutes.
    12-28-08 02:48 PM
    Yea, so I ended up restoring my backup. Everything is great now but my browser feels a tad slower (feels the same speed when I had .83). Before the restore, the browser felt a little faster right after the .85 update but maybe it was just my imagination.
    12-28-08 03:54 PM
    how do i do a restore ,,,,, I did the update and now have lost my contacts
    12-28-08 08:34 PM
    open DM > connect device >backup/restore > restore > select the restore file > follow on screen prompts
    12-28-08 08:36 PM
    what is dm?

I am lost
    12-28-08 08:40 PM
    DM mean desktop manager
    12-28-08 08:41 PM
    I feel so stupid I have no idea what I am doing i have msn messanger and would like to talk to someone that can walk me through this
    12-28-08 08:46 PM
    ok think i got it
    12-28-08 08:54 PM
    when doing a restore, is there any chance of fouling up the works?

kind of like when you do a restore of a windows server that crashed? once you do the restore there is almost always some kind of issues caused by the restore.

is a blackberry like this?
    12-28-08 09:06 PM
    when doing a restore, is there any chance of fouling up the works?

kind of like when you do a restore of a windows server that crashed? once you do the restore there is almost always some kind of issues caused by the restore.

is a blackberry like this?
    nope...everything will be fine
    12-28-08 09:10 PM
    Before my did the restore, I played with the phone and the browser seemed a lot faster because the "requesting" time was literally only 1 or 2 seconds. After the restore everything was improved, but the browser was the same speed as when I had version .83 which is still a lot faster then previous versions but after trying that really fast internet, I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. Is my mind just playing tricks on me? Or is there something I can actually do about it.

Btw, I already changed my mobile browser options to 1XEV instead of Global since I live in the U.S.
    12-29-08 05:32 AM
    I also lost my contacts. Don't have a box marked BBM in my apploader. Also, tried doing it via Restore, but I cant find any compatible backup files.
    12-29-08 06:02 PM
    I also lost my contacts. Don't have a box marked BBM in my apploader. Also, tried doing it via Restore, but I cant find any compatible backup files.
    it be marked blackberry messenger, not bbm
    12-30-08 04:38 AM
    Thanks. That box was checked but still no contacts. Just spent a few hours manually putting them in again. Is it possible that while doing a backup, I needed to check that box as well?
    12-30-08 05:47 AM
    Ok, what is DM and how do I get it? I just updated my girfriend's pearl and all the contacts were lost.
    02-26-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD