When I updated from 75 to 99 all my info got transfered apps etc but I lost all of my contacts! I want to update to 109 but I want to make sure that I dont lost them again. Can anyone help??

Thanks
    03-04-09 05:59 PM
    Just make sure to back up and if you do lose them, just restore them and you are good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 07:02 PM
    Agreed. Make sure you back up your entire device via DM before upgrading your OS.
    03-04-09 07:05 PM
    I use google sync. This way if something happens during the restore process. I can still get my contacts and calendar back without any worries!
    03-04-09 08:11 PM
    ususally when you do a update.. theres a backup for ya..
    03-04-09 08:31 PM
    Yeah it automatically backs it up for you, just link up your bb to your computer open up DM and click restore. There should be a log of the date you updated your software, just load it and you're set.
    03-04-09 08:34 PM
    I upgraded from .103 and my contacts, memos, and tasks did not automatically transfer. I had to restore these apps, and the data, luckily it was all backed up.

Also, my calendar data got screwed up, restoring that data did not fix it, I had to go in and manually clean up 100's of appts.

This was the only upgrade that I did that had these types of problems.

BACKUP before you do the upgrade!
    03-04-09 08:45 PM
    Same happened on my update from .75 -> .109, no contacts upon boot up. Just restored and was good to go....along with some 3rd party apps, then I had to re-sort them into proper folders.

I wonder, when VZN finally releases an official OS, will we have to deal with this sort of thing on an OTA update from VZN too?
    03-04-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD