Hi all - I got the notification on my PC that there were updates available for my Storm, so I downloaded and installed everything. When I rebooted my phone, my contact list or address book was gone.

Can this be recovered ? Fairly specific instructions please, as I'm fairly new to the phone and not well versed.

Thanks a lot for your help !
    06-04-09 05:13 PM
    open DM, plug in and use the "restore" function. generally the backup files are saved in "my documents"
    06-04-09 05:22 PM
    open DM, plug in and use the "restore" function. generally the backup files are saved in "my documents"
    this. unless you told it NOT to do it, the application automatically backs up your data before the upgrade operation. default folder for them is as stated above ("My Documents" on XP/"Documents" on Vista)
    06-04-09 05:23 PM
    GREAT - thanks for your help, worked fine. I was going to ask if I lost the .148 update, but I looked at the system specs in the ABOUT tab of OPTIONS and I see it's still there.

Thanks again, much frustration avoided
    06-04-09 06:02 PM
    there should be an option to auto-backup your device and auto restore during updates. make sure that you enable that to avoid further confusion in the future.
    06-04-09 06:08 PM
    SO i just updated my curve 8330 and all my contacts passwords in keeper messages. all gone and theres no backup folder when i plug into dm.

any help is appreciated

Tom
    07-03-09 06:54 PM
    i installed a flash light app from bbs and losted all contact then went to restore cause i back it up but no contact got backed up has anyone else had this problem???
    11-09-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD