My default calendar was set to my hotmail account. I was changing some settings (not sure what I did) and ended up with all my calendar entries on a 'default calendar' now. When I select my 'hotmail' calendar, no entries show up, subsequently nothing shows up on my home screen calendar either. How do I transfer the new 'default' calender info back to my 'hotmail', so they will appear on my home screen again ??

Any direction I can try to fix this would be GREATLY appreciated. I will try & provide any info I may have left out.

Thanks !!
    04-04-09 01:32 AM
    A little more info...looked on BB's Support & it said to go into the 'Options', 'Advanced', and 'Service Book'. Looked for any other (CICAL) addresses to delete. Only one listed is my hotmail calendar. When I go to 'Select Calendar', it shows my Hotmail Calendar, as well as 'Default Device'. How do I delete the 'Default Device' calendar ? If I read the support page correctly, deleting that one should force it to default back to my Hotmail.

Am I correct or did I read that wrong ? I don't really want to delete anything else until I'm sure I can...
    04-04-09 02:26 AM
    Unfortunately there is no real fix for this. View Document

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 07:10 AM
    Somehow the link didn't work right. If you search for calendar entries once you get to the site from the link above you should be able to find BlackBerrys answer for this problen which really isn't an answer. They basically tell you to resolve the issue you have to save your entries before msking changes!

Last edited by kentcy; 04-04-09 at 07:21 AM.
    04-04-09 07:18 AM
    Same thing happened to me the other day, not sure what caused it. I wonder if a 3rd party app, or App World install could have caused it? I went thru and created new appointments and deleted the ones under "Default Device"..strange
    04-04-09 07:23 AM
    Thanks everyone. I did the same thing dditzel72 did and that seemed to work ok. Just seems like there would be an easier way. Oh well, live & learn.

Thanks again !!
    -Phil
    04-06-09 02:20 AM
    I had this problem when the BIS 2.6 update was done and I deleted then re-added my gmail account. What I did was sync my calendar using DM to a blank calendar in outlook. I then went into the backup and restore section of DM and clicked the advanced tab. Then found the calendar database in the right window, highlighted it and clicked clear. I then checked on my device to make sure that I had the correct address for the default calendar setting (Options> Advanced Options> Default Services). Finally, I synced with outlook to restore the calendar. Since doing that,, I haven't had any problems with my calendar.

04-06-09 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD