I don't have a problem with my phone on the weekends, but it appears the building I work in is greatly depleting my battery power during the day.

Is there anything I can do besides change jobs to correct this problem?

Thanks.
    08-03-10 02:39 PM
    Probably not. Sorry. If you have a weak signal, the phone (any phone) uses more power to pull in that signal. The only solution is a better signal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 07:33 PM
    Thanks, doesn't hurt to ask. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd charger, my huband suggested a new battery, but I don't know if that would help.
    08-04-10 12:37 PM
    Use wifi. When I'm in a building that has poor reception I turn off the wireless radio and use wifi. Try that. It worked for me

08-04-10 01:38 PM
    Use wifi. When I'm in a building that has poor reception I turn off the wireless radio and use wifi. Try that. It worked for me

That will work...except you can't get calls or SMS service.

I have an extra charger I keep at my desk to plug my phone in during the day, no big deal. As mentioned, this issue isn't blackberry specific. Your choices are to turn off the radio, charge it more often, or deal with a dead battery if you're in an area with poor signal.
    08-04-10 01:54 PM
    I don't have a problem with my phone on the weekends, but it appears the building I work in is greatly depleting my battery power during the day.

Is there anything I can do besides change jobs to correct this problem?

Thanks.
    Job hunting is more of a pain than keeping a charger handy. top the phone off whenever you can, to replenish the charge depleted by a poor signal.
    08-04-10 02:49 PM
    If you have a network connection available, this is one option:

Enter your location

It's a bit extreme for extra battery life, but you can pick them up used on ebay. Another option is to keep spare battery with you, also really cheap on ebay.
    08-04-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD