My end key seems a bit looser than the other 3 buttons. Also, while the other ones feel bubbly( in a sense), the end key feels flat. If you were to feel it you would know exactly what I'm talking about.

Is this normal or should I return it before the 30 days are up and have them replace the phone, or somehow fix it? I just don't want to wait after the 30 days and have the button come off and lose it, then having to pay verizon an absurd amount to fix it.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Chrisds02; 12-13-08 at 08:01 PM.
    12-13-08 03:01 PM
    Both of mine were the same way. Quite a few people have had theirs fall off just by putting it in the case.
    12-13-08 03:13 PM
    I noticed my END key feeling a little wobbly. I also noticed that if I move it back and forth, I hear and feel a clicking. My first one had dust problems and my second one has the loose END key. I'm going to keep this one until either there is dust under the screen or the END key falls off. Not worth sending it in because I dont remember how my first one was with the END key and the next replacement could be just as worse whether it be END key, dust or screen click.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 12-13-08 at 03:19 PM.
    12-13-08 03:16 PM
    Wow. Really? I guess having Verizon replace it for me, won't really do me any good than.

Edit: I also hear the noise you're talking about.
    12-13-08 03:17 PM
    Also, the speaker on the backside of the device gets lint caught up in it like crazy, what can I do to remove it? Within the first day of having it, it was a mess. The middle of the speaker has no lint caught up in it, but around it, it's full of it.

Thanks again.
    12-13-08 04:04 PM
    My END key was really loose. I removed it, put some crazy glue and put it back in. Its been excellent ever since.
    12-13-08 06:59 PM
    How did you remove it for those who might plan on doing that.
    12-13-08 07:06 PM
    Mine broke off 4 days after I bought it. Everything was great on the phone except that the key broke off.

I've gone through 2 replacement units since then (numerous issues), waiting on my 4th Storm...... Ugh!

If everything else works well, I would try the crazy glue option.....
    12-13-08 07:42 PM
    Ehh. Ghetto rigging a device, that I've had for a few days, and that is worth several hundred dollars isn't something I'd get excited over doing, but unfortunately seems like the most viable option.
    Last edited by Chrisds02; 12-13-08 at 08:03 PM.
    12-13-08 08:01 PM
    I haven't had any problems hmm end key feels real tight to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 08:15 PM
    How did you remove it for those who might plan on doing that.
    Pulled it off the old fashioned way
    12-13-08 10:20 PM
    my send key seems to be alot looser than the others. maybe it is from using it alot...
    12-13-08 10:26 PM
    Yeah same here, the end key feels like a loose tooth back when I was younger... it just wobbles and wobbles. I just don't understand why the phone was made so flimsy! Even the side chrome panels squeeze in every now and then. As far as the external skeleton of the storm vs the iphone, i think the iPhone beat the storm by far shot. I might just do what killl3r said and glue... better yet, hot glue or solder the damn thing together.
    12-13-08 10:37 PM
    My end key seems a bit looser than the other 3 buttons. Also, while the other ones feel bubbly( in a sense), the end key feels flat. If you were to feel it you would know exactly what I'm talking about.

Is this normal or should I return it before the 30 days are up and have them replace the phone, or somehow fix it? I just don't want to wait after the 30 days and have the button come off and lose it, then having to pay verizon an absurd amount to fix it.

Thank you.

Man I'd return it, I took mine up there yesterday afternoon and it was pretty straight forward. They asked can we help you and I said "yes I have a bone to pick with verizon/rim about my storm but a replacement shall suffice" when they asked what was wrong....I handed them the button next I handed them the phone and said that's wrong. He said well I never seen this before; this is pretty straight forward and ordered me a new phone that will be here tomorrow afternoon. I told him " You guys should really invest some of your down time in crackberry.com it'll put you up to date on several things your not knowledgeable about, not saying that everyones like this but alot of techs seam to disregard any sort of google search or attempt at going out to check something they could further there knowlege about while waiting" Me personally I do it all the time when I'm at work to keep myself up on the latest with the I.T. related .
    12-15-08 04:10 AM
    My Second Replacment had the same thing a loose end key and then guess what it fell off..
    12-15-08 04:28 AM
    My END key is pretty loose, much like a loose tooth when one was a kid. I'm at 3 weeks since purchase, thinking about just taking it in now before the 30 days are up to get a new one versus refurb.

Seems like the consensus is that the replacements are no better with this issue?
    12-15-08 06:26 AM
    Mine clicks as described by some in this thread. It's not 'about to fall off' but it is definitely not as tight as the send key (green).
    01-30-09 01:59 PM
    Also, the speaker on the backside of the device gets lint caught up in it like crazy, what can I do to remove it? Within the first day of having it, it was a mess. The middle of the speaker has no lint caught up in it, but around it, it's full of it.

Thanks again.
    About every couple of weeks I cut an inch of scotch tape and roll it around my finger and rub the rear speaker vent with it until the lint is gone...it really works.

My end button has gotten loosened up a bit since I started back at work after vacation, am using the case every day. it seems to have much more "play" rocking it up and down from top to bottom but not left to right.

It is however still attached for now.
    02-06-09 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD