For whatever reason the actual female end of the charging slot on my Storm is extremely sensitive to movements on the male end of the chord. In fact, I have to have the male end on the farthest angle to the left as possible. When I originally bought the phone I could move it around and the phone would still charge up. Now if I even move it slightly it will stop charging. I can't use the car charger now or anything because of it. This is the only issue I've ever had with the Storm!

My first question is, would this be something Verizon would consider worth of a phone replacement? Secondly, Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

I read on the forums that someone with the 8830 was having similar issues but I didn't see that it ever got resolved.

Any help would be appreciated!
    06-01-09 02:19 AM
    Take it into Verizon and have them exchange it. If the phone didn't charge at all then they probably wouldn't replace it, but since its is just a loose connection then they should. I would recommend the Blackberry charging craddle so you don't run into this problem again....look on Amazon for Blackberry Storm Charging craddle, and make sure its made by Blackberry. It goes for about $10-15 instead of the $20 or $30 they charge at the store.

Here is a picture below of what it looks like.

It also works with the software that comes with the phone and allows you to sync the phone. I use it and love it.

Hope this helps!

06-01-09 02:56 AM
    Had the same issue with my first Storm....was loose from day one but gradually got worse and eventually wouldn't charge anymore...yeah all you have to do is call Verizon and they will send you a new (refurb) overnight......easy breezy beautiful!!!
    06-01-09 03:22 AM
    I just went in to a local store on my way to work and they replaced it there. Unfortunately, the guy doing it didn't know how to transfer everything over properly but oh well.

Thanks for the help!
    06-01-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD