BGR reports his ninja released a few screen shots and some info about the browser , according to the ninja , its already " the best blackberry browser ever" Boy Genius Report
    04-22-09 10:16 PM
    Hope its storm friendly! And Flash!
    04-22-09 10:18 PM
    Gotta love ninjas.
    This will make a lot of people happy, or at the very least, keep the posts in the storm forum 'friendly' for awhile.
    04-22-09 10:25 PM
    LOL yeah , i think it will be awsome ... and i really thing it has built in flash ? or something like it ?
    04-22-09 10:27 PM
    I doubt it we'll be seeing a storm versions soon. When the developers came around these boards looking for testers they did not ask for any Storm testers. My guess is we'll see this come out for the normal QWERTYs and then we'll see a storm specific version come out soon after.
    04-22-09 10:27 PM
    I doubt it we'll be seeing a storm versions soon. When the developers came around these boards looking for testers they did not ask for any Storm testers. My guess is we'll see this come out for the normal QWERTYs and then we'll see a storm specific version come out soon after.
    Yeah that would be my guess aswell..... i dont care as long as its ready for when i get my 9630 lol
    04-22-09 10:29 PM
    Yeah that would be my guess aswell..... i dont care as long as its ready for when i get my 9630 lol
    I do suppose that is one way of getting around that problem...
    04-22-09 10:36 PM
    Yup lol , but if it involves the click with the storm , it will be an awsome browser , especially if a flash like app is built in with it
    04-22-09 10:38 PM
    Skyfire on WinMo supported flash... Loved it on my 6800 and I can't wait for it on BB esp the storm.
    04-22-09 10:42 PM
    Yup lol , but if it involves the click with the storm , it will be an awsome browser , especially if a flash like app is built in with it
    EARLY testing seems good, so I can't wait to see the finished product. BGR was reporting that the Flash video worked perfectly, so I guess we'll see.
    04-22-09 10:44 PM
    It will support flash because everything is rendered server side on it. I have used the skyfire browser on a WinMo phone it is pretty slick. Loads up incredibly complex pages with ease and good format.
    04-22-09 11:22 PM
    nice , im excited ! should improve our blackberrys like crazy !
    04-22-09 11:37 PM
    Flash support should be included. It is with all the other versions. Actually if you look at the last screenshot on the BGR article, you'll see a Hulu video is playing. Sweet. I love hulu. Hopefully we'll see a Storm compatible one sooner rather than later.
    04-23-09 12:27 AM
    Looking forward to it!
    04-23-09 12:31 AM
    Damn the screenshots look pretty sweet. Storm version needs to get here quick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 01:35 AM
    Do they charge at all for it? One of the few apps that seems worth it! Looks very awesome.
    04-23-09 03:12 AM
    Folks,

I believe they are still pretty early in on a closed beta test of this, AND testing on the Bold only. As someone pointed out about 2 weeks ago when they first started looking for testers there was no mention of the storm, only keyboard models and they said they were starting with bold users. We shall see what happens with our beloved storm!

04-23-09 03:18 AM
    Folks,

I believe they are still pretty early in on a closed beta test of this, AND testing on the Bold only. As someone pointed out about 2 weeks ago when they first started looking for testers there was no mention of the storm, only keyboard models and they said they were starting with bold users. We shall see what happens with our beloved storm!

Yeah, but its good to see that they're actually working on the BlackBerry platform in general. The way they made it seem before was that it was still just a thought in the back of their minds. Can't wait.
    04-23-09 08:38 AM
    yeah i just read up a few postings about it around the web. its being tested now but its far from being released if i understand right, and it will include flash. hope they work it for the storm very soon though
    04-23-09 10:07 AM
    I emailed them this morning for the heck of it. they replied within a few hours. thats some great support.

either way it looks like the storm isnt on the initial alpha version.

"Thanks for your email about our BlackBerry Alpha program. We are kick starting our alpha on the BlackBerry Bold only and inviting a limited number of participants. We plan to expand the BlackBerry Alpha program to the BlackBerry Curve, Pearl and 8830. Our current BlackBerry Alpha plans are to support these four models.

We appreciate all of the BlackBerry users ready for a Skyfire browsing experience. We’re working hard to deliver that. Stay tuned."
    04-23-09 01:01 PM
    I really hope storm users don't get jipped.

04-23-09 04:44 PM
    I really hope storm users don't get jipped.

me tooo
    04-23-09 04:45 PM
    BGR reports his ninja released a few screen shots and some info about the browser , according to the ninja , its already " the best blackberry browser ever" Boy Genius Report
    sooks glad to see you back around cb
    04-23-09 06:35 PM
    EARLY testing seems good, so I can't wait to see the finished product. BGR was reporting that the Flash video worked perfectly, so I guess we'll see.
    BGR hasn't actually used it themselves. Yes, it supports flash video, but right now, FAR from perfectly. I've been running into bugs like crazy on this thing, so take BGR's report with a grain of salt, because their "ninja" likely only used it for a few minutes before declaring it not buggy.

04-24-09 07:56 AM
    either way it looks like the storm isnt on the initial alpha version.

"Thanks for your email about our BlackBerry Alpha program. We are kick starting our alpha on the BlackBerry Bold only and inviting a limited number of participants. We plan to expand the BlackBerry Alpha program to the BlackBerry Curve, Pearl and 8830. Our current BlackBerry Alpha plans are to support these four models.

We appreciate all of the BlackBerry users ready for a Skyfire browsing experience. We’re working hard to deliver that. Stay tuned."

This...this right here...this is why the iPhone is always going to win the "Blackberry vs. Apple" battle.

The Bold and Curve users can say "my phone is just as good...and I prefer a physical keyboard" all day long but, BlackBerry has ONE device that can compete head-on with the iPhone. ONE device that has a big screen for watching videos...and is useful browsing a full-sized web page. The Storm.

RIM needs to get with Skyfire and INSIST that they develop this product for their FLAGSHIP device first....all other devices can come second.

He||, half the applications out there that work on the Storm are apps written for the trackball/wheel BlackBerries and just got converted to "work" on the Storm.

Every single iPhone app has been written specifically for that device. Written from the ground up to take advantage of everything the iPhone has to offer.

If RIM really wants to compete with Apple...they need to compete!

It feels like RIM's attitude is "Yeah, they're winning but, we're not really trying".
    04-24-09 09:05 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD