so what? he signed a contract...thus, it's his own problem and Verizon didn't screw him.
    No Verizon did not screw him, the Verizon rep did. I myself never go to Verizon stores anymore because of situations like this. I like to deal with CS over the phone because they do have alot more power to make things happen. So to the OP lesson learned, deal with CS not Verizon store reps next time.

Still, he can get the phones at a discount through CS im sure.

Regardless of if he signed a contract or not, give the guy a tip and help him out thats why people come to these boards looking for help and thats why guys like you and me reply to people like this, to help them out. Yes his original post is more of a "RANT" than a "I need help" but so what no need to make the guy feel worse then he already does not having a STORM....
    12-22-08 12:02 PM
    You could also add an additional line (or 3). You just have to do the math. What's cheaper? Paying the $10 per line for x amount of months or FULL Retail for the phones. OR cancel your current contract (pay early termination fees) and start a new contract. This will however cause you to lose your current phone #.
    Again its all a matter of relavence. I would be HIGHLY UPSET if i paid full retail for the storm. After having it now for a couple of weeks, I feel it needs work. But for $99(corp discount & NE2), I'm happy with it.
    12-22-08 12:10 PM
    Dude , are you serious ?
    12-22-08 12:17 PM
    Well I went down to the local verizon store last night and I went to buy a storm for me and two other phones for my daughters for xmass. So I went down there and they had all the phone its stock and he rang them up and its was like $1600! he said I didnt have any free upgrades and my next one would be in a year. So I would have to pay like 500 for the storm and a crazy amount for the other phones. Why does verizon do thi> I have been with them for like 5 Years and they screw me over like that? cmon verizon!
    buy your phones on ebay with express shipping! you can probably find a brand new storm for 430-450, and the other phones will likely be at least $100 cheaper a piece, even brand new.
    12-22-08 12:20 PM
    Maybe your should take ur own advise... You just put the same thing as the post before you!
    I figured this was comming. Flame on then I guess. Thought we were all making new year's resolutions to not have posts like this but....

First, check the time stamp on the 2 posts a** clown. You'll notice that they were one minute appart. In other words I was typing that message while the post prior too was already posted.

And again, how was flaming me benefitial to the OP?
    12-22-08 12:25 PM
    I got two storms wothout being eligible for an upgrade. Opened new line for one, and fortunately, my wife lost her phone so we were able to take advantage of their lost / stolen program which let's you get a 1 year contract price on a replacement phone at anytime. The 1 year price was only $50 more than the 2 year price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Pachelbel; 12-22-08 at 12:40 PM.
    12-22-08 12:32 PM
    I figured this was comming. Flame on then I guess. Thought we were all making new year's resolutions to not have posts like this but....

First, check the time stamp on the 2 posts a** clown. You'll notice that they were one minute appart. In other words I was typing that message while the post prior too was already posted.

And again, how was flaming me benefitial to the OP?
    Actually, somebody made that same suggestion at 9:09.

How is flaming anybody beneficial? Take your own advice and stop doing what you're telling others not to do. It's done, drop it already.
    12-22-08 12:36 PM
    yeah they did not screw you at all. L2R your contract.
    12-22-08 12:46 PM
    Definitely give customer service a call. Best Buy said I couldn't upgrade even though vzw online said I could and the local Verizon shop said I could as well. I had just hit my one year anniversary for my new every two and they let me upgrade with a $20 early upgrade fee. According to customer service the "tier" that Best Buy operates as a Verizon reseller doesn't give them the same functionality as calling the customer service line. At least that's what Verizon told me. Could be a line of BS but I got the Storm for $220 and a new re-up for 2 years.
    12-22-08 12:50 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD