Hi everyone. My S2 has gone all quite during phone calls to the point were I have to use loud speaker. I am pretty qualified in electronics and have already dismantled and assembled a fair amount of mobiles (including my s2 and a s1) but I can't seem to source a replacement for the speaker. Found loads of loud speaker replacements and s1 earpieces (not the same I checked) but none for the s2.
    Was really hoping some one knows were I could get one (Tried ebay and google but no joy)???

Thanks
    06-12-10 03:55 AM
    I tore mine apart last night for the same reason. I couldn't seem to find a speaker online either. Found a post about cleaning it with air because it might be debris causing the issue, but that didn't fix it. This is the 3rd one that's done it, and I have a warranty, but I'm sick of swapping them. I find it odd because I almost always have my volume all the way down, and never past half way up. I do keep it in my pocket, but lint really shouldn't hurt it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 06:27 AM
    Judgeing from replies I doubt anyone is interested but I due fix the speaker problem. After a bit of trial and error I found the curve ear speaker to be the closest match (same width and contacts but different height) so I swapped it with mine and a small piece of rubber gasket. Now I have a fully working s2 again. May even treat it to a new theme.
    Hope this helps someone one day

06-24-10 10:18 AM
    Nice find. I ended up just getting mine warrantied yet again and bought an wireless headset so I never have to use the one on the phone and worry about it blowing again.

06-24-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD