I want it now! LOL
    02-02-09 12:39 PM
    How is app memory working out for .99 users? I have log maid and memory cleaner running.. Went down to 38 MB from about 54 MB after .99 install and battery pull yesterday morning. So about a 16 MB in about 36 hours or so. Just curious.
    02-02-09 05:00 PM
    i would like to have a oportunity of check with Ryan�s program if Log Maid work.
    02-02-09 05:08 PM
    The graph seems to work from time to time or maybe I am doing something wrong. Sometimes it seems to be working and other times nothing is moving. Then the free memory is different then what I have in the status menu. :/
    02-02-09 05:23 PM
    I just found a problem with BBMem and .99 - bbmem is showing my battery @ 87% but under status it is actually 55%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 07:53 PM
    I just found a problem with BBMem and .99 - bbmem is showing my battery @ 87% but under status it is actually 55%.

x2... I had to close down the program and re-open it for it to update. Just checked again. Still not updating. My flash is about 2MB off from what I get on options>memory and OuickLaunch>Device Info.
    02-02-09 09:21 PM
    Wow! Good catch on that one, I never have it update the battery stats :-p Bug is noted, and I'll get to fixing that for the next build. Also, I'm working on a fix for the graph. The problem is that the graph is drawing offscreen, so it looks like it is wrong, but you can only see the 2nd to last update.
    Thanks for the testing guys, keep up the good work
    ~King
    02-03-09 11:49 AM
    Hello Crackberry!

Well, its been a while since I have given any status and updates on BBMem, but I'm still hard at work. First off, I would like to point out some bug-fixes that were made.

Fixes:
    -Battery info is updated upon screen refresh
    -Device stats make more sense! (Now displaying how much is available and free vs allocated and free)
    -Object memory is now reporting correctly (Before it would stay at 0MB out of 0MB) Now we got total number of objects in memory and total available objects.

New Features:
    -Help Screen (Explains what the stats are actually reporting and gives a little info about the program)
    -Options Screen (Now you can set refresh rate and be alerted when memory is critically low!)
    -Saving Options (Once the options are saved, the settings will still be there when the program is restarted!)
    -Memory Critical Warning (Now you can be alerted when device memory falls below the critical percentage!)

For beta testers, this means that you will be getting the new build within the next day or two!
    For everyone else, this means that the program is nearly completed!

Also, I am planning on expanding the beta to other types of blackberrys to test compatibility. This will include the bold and the curve (and possibly pearl etc.)

I have included a couple of screenshots to hopefully ease the wait, and I'll be posting again very soon when this build is ready for testing.

Thanks everyone!
    ~King
    02-07-09 10:03 PM
    Cool man...was looking for an update.
    02-07-09 10:04 PM
    Sounds great, looking forward to it.

02-07-09 10:07 PM
    Great looking app... will definitely pick it up. Just a thought, from a gui pov - you could tweak the presentation a hair, regain some screen real estate and fit it all on one screen, avoiding the scrolling (see crude mockup below)... jm2c...

...and just a quick noob question, but under the transient and persistent sections, are the free and allocated values reversed? not clear how the values shown map to the percentage in those two categories... just curious... thx..
    Last edited by srh_pres; 02-07-09 at 10:41 PM.
    02-07-09 10:37 PM
    Great looking app... will definitely pick it up. Just a thought, from a gui pov - you could tweak the presentation a hair, regain some screen real estate and fit it all on one screen, avoiding the scrolling (see crude mockup below)... jm2c...

...and just a quick noob question, but under the transient and persistent sections, are the free and allocated values reversed? not clear how the values shown map to the percentage in those two categories... just curious... thx..
    Interesting, I like the compact display idea. I might try and implement an option to switch between the two display types. Also, The transient and persistent sections have been fixed in the newest portion of the beta
    Thanks for the input
    ~King
    02-08-09 10:41 AM

I like that idea also, plus Ryan's idea of being able to switch between both with an option.

Interesting, I like the compact display idea. I might try and implement an option to switch between the two display types. Also, The transient and persistent sections have been fixed in the newest portion of the beta
    Thanks for the input
    ~King
    Ryan-
    I think this may have been mentioned, but you could also save a line by removing the Battery Percentage line since the Battery line already has a percentage. Just an idea.
    02-08-09 11:09 AM
    Good work Ryan! Can't wait for the next update. Are you considering a battery pull function?
    02-08-09 12:01 PM
    Well, the update is now available for beta testers.
    Features that I have added:
    -Compact Display Mode

Beta testers can check your PM's for the update link. I have also added some screenshots of the new functionality.
    02-08-09 02:18 PM
    Good work Ryan! Can't wait for the next update. Are you considering a battery pull function?
    Yes, I'm looking into this. There seems to be an api call to do that "requestPowerOff()" But I am attempting to make sure that this is actually the right feature and not just a soft power off.
    Or is that the functionality that is wanted?
    02-08-09 02:37 PM
    Well, the update is now available for beta testers.
    Features that I have added:
    -Compact Display Mode

Beta testers can check your PM's for the update link. I have also added some screenshots of the new functionality.
    I like the new compact mode, and the battery row. Looking good! Also like the new icon.

Will comment more after running this app for awhile.

Thanks Ryan.
    02-08-09 02:42 PM
    I only have about 5 apps running and the ram low thing keeps coming up. Hmm I wonder what app is using all my ram? LOL

I like that little feature and the compact view is nice. All seems to be running well right now.

Thanks for the update.
    02-08-09 02:50 PM
    I only have about 5 apps running and the ram low thing keeps coming up. Hmm I wonder what app is using all my ram? LOL

I like that little feature and the compact view is nice. All seems to be running well right now.

Thanks for the update.
    That was the one thing I was worried about with the alerts. Basically, I wanted to be able to alert the user without having the popup constantly bug the user! The best solution right now is to change how often you are alerted in the options page.
    For example: If you have the page resetting every 5 seconds, and you set the "Alert again" to every 5 refreshes, it is possible for the program to alert you every 25 seconds (Annoying)! So, I would suggest have the "Alert again" be something like 25 or 50, so then you would only receive alerts within a 2-4 minute interval (Assuming that memory is still critical by that time). Of course, it won't alert you if the amount of memory isn't in a critical percentage.
    It would also be suggested to set the critical percentage to be something like 1 or 2% as it is possible for the system to free up memory on its own, and generally stays above 3% in my tests.

Thanks again for testing,
    I'd like to hear what settings people are using to get the best results, and I'll make those the default settings for the program.
    Also, any ideas are also welcome!
    Thanks,
    ~King
    02-08-09 03:03 PM
    My ram is now at 0% but phone is not any slower, just clock comes up every now and again :/

Hmm, I've changed to 3% alerts and update 50.

Ill post more after running longer.

02-08-09 03:28 PM
    Yes, I'm looking into this. There seems to be an api call to do that "requestPowerOff()" But I am attempting to make sure that this is actually the right feature and not just a soft power off.
    Or is that the functionality that is wanted?
    App looks great! I like the consolidated view. I think the battery pull function would be great rather than a soft power off. Just my opinion. I'll report back later once I run BBMem for a while. Running all my apps to see what the memory drainers are!
    02-08-09 03:42 PM
    The compact view looks good and I like the option to switch to verbose mode. Definitely reboot function vice a power off is preferred. However I dont think theres an API to hook into for that - if you look at what QuickPull does, it writes a null-module, tricking the system into thinking it has to reboot then erases the module when rebooted. Rather then reinventing that coding, perhaps you could just add a menu option to invoke QuickPull (present only if the app is)? Just a thought...
    02-08-09 04:14 PM
    wow, I was at 28% ram and launched the default browser and almost instantly dropped below 3% :/ wth?

02-08-09 04:17 PM
    wow, I was at 28% ram and launched the default browser and almost instantly dropped below 3% :/ wth?

Lol.. Same here. The browser is killing me. Before that though I had done a Quick Pull and more RAM free than available?? Possible??
    02-08-09 04:35 PM
    Haha I had just done the same thing. Since I had installed a few new betas and removed a few lame apps
    Lol.. Same here. The browser is killing me. Before that though I had done a Quick Pull and more RAM free than available?? Possible??
    02-08-09 04:38 PM
109 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD