What must have happened is when you restarted your storm, there was more free memory than allocated in one category. I've fixed the crash for that, so when I send out the next build, it shouldn't be a problem
    Sounds good. I look forward to trying it out. The histogram is a good idea. Might help with some trouble shooting, for example, a program that kills the memory and slows the phone down.
    01-29-09 05:05 PM
    Looks good.
    I'm interested.
    01-29-09 05:09 PM
    Looking good...
    01-29-09 05:19 PM
    So, here's the deal. I'm trying to see if there is any interest in a program that I'm working on. The premise is pretty simple, its a memory / battery viewer/manager. As of right now, It gives detailed memory usage such as ram/flash/code memory percentages with graphical representations, and then general battery information. I'm hoping to give a "task manager" sort of functionality that details memory usage per program for debugging memory leaks, etc. Anyways, I would really like to release it on this site and charge 1-2$ (just enough to buy signing keys from RIM after a few sales). But before I go through the trouble of finishing the program, I would like to see if there is any interest in it, or any comments on something that would make them want to purchase it.
    Anyways, thanks for the input
    ~King
    I would get it for sure, but is there a trial time for test it?
    01-29-09 05:25 PM
    what does this do?
    01-29-09 05:34 PM
    @ryan Did you get my emails? I never got a response :/
    01-29-09 08:34 PM
    Sounds good. I look forward to trying it out. The histogram is a good idea. Might help with some trouble shooting, for example, a program that kills the memory and slows the phone down.
    I agree. The histogram would be a great troubleshooting tool.. Running OS .90 my memory got pretty eratic over the past 24hours and I have no clue why. It was doing rather good using the memory cleaner and then it just went south. I had to do break down and do a battery pull cuz my screen wouldn't unlock.
    01-29-09 09:04 PM
    @ryan Did you get my emails? I never got a response :/
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on that

Anyways, I've fixed most stability problems with the Histogram support, so the beta is nearly ready to be completed. I only need to add background running support and I will release it for beta testers. I have also been in touch with lucidnetllc.com to host the beta files for OTA downloads. I will be contacting testers with the website login and password for them to download the files.
    01-30-09 07:16 AM
    Hmm I got no email...ill check my spam folder my spam folder maybe :/
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on that

Anyways, I've fixed most stability problems with the Histogram support, so the beta is nearly ready to be completed. I only need to add background running support and I will release it for beta testers. I have also been in touch with lucidnetllc.com to host the beta files for OTA downloads. I will be contacting testers with the website login and password for them to download the files.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 10:11 AM
    Testers, the newest beta is out, you have all been mailed.
    Here is a status report on some of the new features:

New Functionality:
    - Auto-refresh (BBMem refreshes memory information every 30 seconds)
    - Run as a Background Application (Pressing the back button or the end call button sends the application to the background to track memory. App is now closed by hitting the menu button->close)
    - Stability (No more "illegalArgumentException", no more "illegalExecutionException" when tilting the screen)
    - Histogram! (As BBMem tracks your memory usage over time, the histogram is updated. In this way, you can see how your memory is being used over time when other applications are opened.)

Upcoming Functionality:
    -Help Feature
    -Notifications (Alert users when memory is critically low)
    -"Battery Pull" functionality

Thanks for the input everyone!

Also, 0mie, I emailed you back this morning at your gmail address, subject: Re: BlackBerry Memory
    01-30-09 10:18 AM
    - Histogram! (As BBMem tracks your memory usage over time, the histogram is updated. In this way, you can see how your memory is being used over time when other applications are opened.)
    Great idea having a histogram. I'm not a beta tester, so I don't know if it's there or not... Is there a way to add the time to the histogram? Might help with app memory usage troubleshooting.
    01-30-09 10:27 AM
    Installed the new beta, histogram is there and working. Good work Ryan - thanks.
    01-30-09 10:29 AM
    Awesome, the password protection on OTA is working fine. Glad to be able to help Ryan.
    01-30-09 10:36 AM
    I never got an email...
    01-30-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks Ryan! Just downloaded and it looks great. Good work. I'll give it a while and report later today. Once again thanks!
    01-30-09 12:58 PM
    I have been running the .91 beta now since ryan sent it out, and it works perfectly on .90. Just downloaded .99 so I will give it a go on that.

The histogram is nice, but as someone mentioned earlier it would be nice to see an x-axis with a timeframe.

I have noticed that my Transient & Persistent Allocated and Free numbers are odd. There is more free than allocated?
    See screen shots:

Anyway just my 2 cents worth.
    02-01-09 09:33 AM
    Just upgraded to .99 OS and the program is working without any problems. I am letting it run in the background instead of closing the app. So far, so good.
    02-01-09 03:34 PM
    Great. I have actually updated the ota download for beta testers. I fixed the weird values that were being reported and changed the wording to be more understandable. Testers can get it by going to the same link. I am currently working on notifications.

02-02-09 07:15 AM
    I also am now running .99 and the problem seems to be running good, without and errors or issues.

Just a quick question. Is there a reason that under the battery stats. the pecentage is listed twice; once w/ the bar and once w/o?

Other than is so far so good...
    02-02-09 08:53 AM
    still working great for me. im doing all i can to find a bug.... there just arnt any. has been great on .90 and .99. keep up the good work
    02-02-09 08:58 AM
    So, is there a way to test this? I would buy it for sure if it works fine...I just need to test before!!!!
    02-02-09 09:01 AM
    The program will be for sale for 1-2$ when it is finished. Hopefully I can get it done in a week or so. I'm working on a notification system now.

02-02-09 10:57 AM
    still working great for me. im doing all i can to find a bug.... there just arnt any. has been great on .90 and .99. keep up the good work
    I also am now running .99 and the problem seems to be running good, without and errors or issues.

Just a quick question. Is there a reason that under the battery stats. the pecentage is listed twice; once w/ the bar and once w/o?

Other than is so far so good...
    Also running on .99 and BBMem 0.92 is running like a champ! .99 is also running like a champ, much better than .90. Sorry that was off topic.
    02-02-09 11:38 AM
    I like the histogram but as mentioned a time reference would be useful to see where leaks or app bog downs occur. Running on .99 and all is looking good so far! keep it up!
    02-02-09 11:40 AM
    Looks good.
    I'm interested.
    Last edited by trasggo; 02-02-09 at 01:07 PM.
    02-02-09 12:22 PM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD