I PM'd you, i am in.
    01-27-09 07:00 PM
    Messages have been sent out. Thanks to everyone for participating. I'll update here with screenshots for newer builds. I will also send out new builds to the beta testers when they are completed.
    Suggestions for improvements are still welcome, and I hope to extend the beta to different types of BlackBerrys in the near future.
    01-28-09 08:38 AM
    I'm in. Mobile but you can pm me. os .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 08:52 AM
    Sent you a PM regarding OTA hosting for your updates and such. Let me know if you're interested. Ask CheetahAce for a reference if you'd like I did it for his QuickLaunch application during beta mode and still using it as a support site in case the purchase sites don't work.
    01-28-09 09:06 AM
    Sent you a PM regarding OTA hosting for your updates and such. Let me know if you're interested. Ask CheetahAce for a reference if you'd like I did it for his QuickLaunch application during beta mode and still using it as a support site in case the purchase sites don't work.
    I'm looking into this. Will message you tomorrow with details

01-28-09 03:57 PM
    I have installed this and it is working without any problems. Nice little app to have.
    01-28-09 04:25 PM
    Just installed! Pretty cool start to the app! Can't wait for the future functions.
    01-28-09 10:34 PM
    guess i coudlnt be part of the beta i feel left out for the second time .
    01-29-09 12:21 AM
    Simple little app. Installed right from from my bb. Downloaded from Storm, saved to memory card and installed. As easy as ota

01-29-09 04:32 AM
    I installed log maid and rebooted the phone. The first few tries at getting this program to launch resulted in a java error. I waited a few minutes and tried again and the program has worked ever since with no more error messages.

I will set Capture It to a side key and if it happens again I will post a screen shot.
    01-29-09 05:40 AM
    Simple little app. Installed right from from my bb. Downloaded from Storm, saved to memory card and installed. As easy as ota

how do you do that?

i have it installed through DM, seems to work great, no complaints. A lot of information, cant wait for the task manager
    01-29-09 06:45 AM
    Installed an running perfectly, lots of info in one place very nice. Looking forward future builds.

I am currently running 4.7.0.90 on my Storm, with these 3rd Party Apps:
    • BBMem 0.90
    • Google Sync 0.5.13
    • PhoneFaceStorm 1.0.1.1
    • VyMail 0.8.2.18
    • StormLock 1.1.0
    • BuzzMe 0.0.20
    • Facebook 1.3.0
    • Google Talk 2.2.22
    • logMaid 0.2

01-29-09 08:06 AM
    I installed log maid and rebooted the phone. The first few tries at getting this program to launch resulted in a java error. I waited a few minutes and tried again and the program has worked ever since with no more error messages.

I will set Capture It to a side key and if it happens again I will post a screen shot.
    I also installed logMaid after installing BBMem and didn't receive any errors, everything has run smoothly for me.
    Last edited by ejackson; 01-29-09 at 08:31 AM.
    01-29-09 08:12 AM
    It's been working good for me as well. Can't wait for the auto refresh!
    01-29-09 10:23 AM

Did you get the "illegalArgumentException"? If so, if you figure out how to reproduce this result, I'll send you a debug version without the percentage bars. Then we can figure out which one is faulting. This happens when the memory reported does not fall in the correct bounds for the progress bar.
    01-29-09 11:30 AM
    Well, it seems I've hit a bit of a brick wall. There does not appear to be any reasonable way to get the memory statistics per program in the api, and because BB runs on java, its very difficult (impossible?) for me to manually access and count the memory used in the virtual machine. As of now, I simply have a more detailed overview of how the total memory is being used (see screenshot - note: screenshot was taken in a VM, so the memory in pic does not reflect real BBStorm usage). So, I was thinking that I would release the program (in its beta state) as a kindof preview if there is interest.

Oh, and thanks for the comments so far, I'm looking into some of the suggestions

~King

Hi. Your program looks good keep it up. You're going to hit a looooooot of brick walls working with the JDE and the rim OS. And by a lot I mean a LOT. As you probably know they don't allow access to many things on the device. I doubt you'll be able to get the memory cleaner. I tried many many times and many many ways but no good. If you do though that would be so awesome.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 01-29-09 at 01:07 PM.
    01-29-09 12:58 PM
    Sounds great. I would be interested.
    01-29-09 01:27 PM
    Hi. Your program looks good keep it up. You're going to hit a looooooot of brick walls working with the JDE and the rim OS. And by a lot I mean a LOT. As you probably know they don't allow access to many things on the device. I doubt you'll be able to get the memory cleaner. I tried many many times and many many ways but no good. If you do though that would be so awesome.
    Yea, I highly doubt I'm gonna get a per-program memory breakdown. But, the memory cleaner is in the package net.rim.device.api.memorycleaner. there is a daemon in there that you can use to run the cleaner... The cleaner is not what people think... It simply writes zeroes to the specified portions in memory. Its only there to get rid of sensitive data, not to manage the memory in any way.
    01-29-09 01:35 PM
    Yea, I highly doubt I'm gonna get a per-program memory breakdown. But, the memory cleaner is in the package net.rim.device.api.memorycleaner. there is a daemon in there that you can use to run the cleaner... The cleaner is not what people think... It simply writes zeroes to the specified portions in memory. Its only there to get rid of sensitive data, not to manage the memory in any way.
    I saw that mem cleaning daemon. Is that the actual memory cleaner?
    Have you verified this?
    Please let me know. thanks.
    01-29-09 01:52 PM
    Did you get the "illegalArgumentException"? If so, if you figure out how to reproduce this result, I'll send you a debug version without the percentage bars. Then we can figure out which one is faulting. This happens when the memory reported does not fall in the correct bounds for the progress bar.
    I believe that is what it was. I installed log maid, restarted the Storm, then hit the icon for the memory viewer. That is when I had it happen. It has not happened since, though.
    Long shot, but could I have hit it at the exact time log maid was doing it's thing and maybe that is what caused it?
    01-29-09 02:14 PM
    What must have happened is when you restarted your storm, there was more free memory than allocated in one category. I've fixed the crash for that, so when I send out the next build, it shouldn't be a problem
    01-29-09 04:22 PM
    Well, I've been working on the program a bit lately, and I've added some new functionality. First off is auto-refresh. The program will update every 30 seconds or so, and secondly is a histogram to display usage over time. This tracks the first 3 categories, so you can see how your memory is being used when new programs run. Here's a little pic. Still some bugs to work out, but beta testers will get their hands on it within the coming days
    01-29-09 04:30 PM
    Nice job ryan, looking good.
    01-29-09 04:33 PM
    Spiffy indeed!
    01-29-09 04:47 PM
    This will be a great app to have! Any speculation on release??
    01-29-09 04:52 PM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD