hello all,

ok iv been searching around for this but had no luck (maybe im just using the wrong keywords?)

basiclly i have a storm 9520 on vodafone uk
    what im after is a generic rom to remove all the vodafone... lets say rubish from the handset (vodafone splashscreens, links etc etc)

now the offical version is 5.0.0.497 so i am looking for the same or better version.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks,
    Phil
    06-28-10 06:56 AM
    Hi Phil,

I think what you are looking for is the latest generic operating system for the storm.

If you check the threads above you should be able to find .607 for the DRM vodafone UK storm.

Sadly alot of things such as the vodafone splash screen will remain.

Hope this helps.

Mrfruit
    06-28-10 07:09 AM
    hi Mrfruit,

thanks i was sort of surspecting that i would not be able to remove the splash screens etc.

However, on that note im thinking its going to be possible with a little work (replacing the images and so on) but im going to have to do a bit of digging on the storage of the storm just to see whats what.

thanks again for the info
    Phil
    06-28-10 07:14 AM
    You cannot replace the splash screen. It is flashed at manufacturing time. There is no way to get at this part of memory available outside of the manufacturing plant.

You would need to change the image and the Vendor ID and it just can't be done. Sorry. Get used to it.

btw: we've all tried and we fully understand the problem. Some have tried with some illegal and stolen software and ended up with permanently wrecked phones. Wrecked as in dead, dead.

This software is so bad that we now immediately close all CrackBerry threads that reference it. It is downright dangerous stuff - seriously.
    06-28-10 07:19 AM
    hi pete,

thanks that just saved me some time, guess i will just have to live with it like you said, its kind of anoying tho

cheers,
    Phil
    06-28-10 07:22 AM
    You got that right.

I would love to remove the branding/advertising cr^p from one of my phones. I hated it so much that I went out and bought an unbranded phone at full price just to get rid of it.
    06-28-10 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD