Has anyone seen any user taken photos or video yet? I'm curious to see what the quality is like.
    11-02-08 07:13 AM
    The BlackBerry Storm 9530 and 9500 Super Resource Page! | CrackBerry.com

There are a few sticky threads at the top of the storm/thunder page. the above link is one of them. Should be enough info and pics to make your brain melt

oh and welcome to CB!!
    Last edited by scottlucky13; 11-02-08 at 07:32 AM.
    11-02-08 07:27 AM
    Thanks Scott.

I'm still not seeing any examples of pictures taken with the device itself. I'm not looking for pictures OF the Storm, I'm looking for pictures taken WITH the Storm.
    11-02-08 07:47 AM
    You're not going to find any. Sorry.
    11-02-08 07:51 AM
    You'd think that when someone had a hands-on with the device they would email themselves a photo taken with the camera. It looks like Kevin had a Storm up in his room at the BDC in Santa Clara. He even shot a couple pictures in a video at the bottom of the hands-on review titled "Blackberry Storm Hands-On First Impressions" here on CrackBerry.com.

I mean, come on! Drop a SD card in a Storm, snap some pictures/videos and upload 'em! Please!
    11-02-08 08:03 AM
    You'd think that when someone had a hands-on with the device they would email themselves a photo taken with the camera. It looks like Kevin had a Storm up in his room at the BDC in Santa Clara. He even shot a couple pictures in a video at the bottom of the hands-on review titled "Blackberry Storm Hands-On First Impressions" here on CrackBerry.com.

I mean, come on! Drop a SD card in a Storm, snap some pictures/videos and upload 'em! Please!
    Most of us who have the Storms are not allowed to take pics to put on the internet. Only certain types of ppl can do that, and those types of ppl don't really have access to the device.
    11-02-08 08:46 AM
    Why do you want pictures of the people rather than the phone? I dont' get it.
    -Rik
    11-02-08 10:00 AM
    -Rik
    I'm guessing he wants to see the quality of a picture the phone takes.
    11-02-08 10:01 AM
    I'm guessing he wants to see the quality of a picture the phone takes.
    -Rik
    Richjpr: Right!

Rikter: It doesn't need to be pictures of a Storm user, just pictures from that device. I want to see how the 3.2MP camera pictures turn out.
    11-02-08 10:08 AM
    Here is a link to photos taken with the 8900, which has a 3.2MP camera just like the Storm--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/pi...javelin-87299/
    11-02-08 10:13 AM
    Those are some excellent pictures. Thank you for pointing them out. I would imagine the Storm will have the same sensor as the Javelin. Pictures look substantially better than my Curve 8330 and that's what I wanted to see!
    Last edited by PopeXXIII; 11-02-08 at 10:33 AM.
    11-02-08 10:19 AM
    Those are some excellent pictures. Thank you for pointing them out. I would imagine the Storm will have the same sensor as the Javelin. Pictures look substantially better than my Curve 8330 and that's what I wanted to see!
    I seem to recall there being some talk of the Storm's camera having image stabilization. I was unable to find mention of it in the owner's manual that was released recently. Anyone have any idea if that was truth or rumor?
    11-02-08 08:33 PM
    I seem to recall there being some talk of the Storm's camera having image stabilization. I was unable to find mention of it in the owner's manual that was released recently. Anyone have any idea if that was truth or rumor?
    that is truth (much is not mentioned in the manual.)
    11-02-08 09:15 PM
    that is truth (much is not mentioned in the manual.)
    Sweet. IS makes a big difference in picture quality, especially in low light. Thanks!
    11-02-08 09:19 PM
    Has anyone seen any user taken photos or video yet? I'm curious to see what the quality is like.
    Here are some pics taken today (below) as I was one of FEW in the Atlanta area who was able to get one. However, I'm taking the Storm back tomorrow. Image quality is horrible. I was upgrading from a Samsung Flipshot which also has an autofocus 3MP phone and the images from it were 10X better. You could do 4x6 prints from it and they looked like they came from a "real" camera. The pics from my Storm are so bad that even after you Photoshop them and shrink them to web size, they still look bad.

I double checked camera settings thinking by default it was set low, but no. It was set at 3MP and "super fine" resolution. I thought maybe the autofocus was off, so was going to try some with that turned off, but there is no option to turn autofocus on or off - it's on all the time. These pics were on a sunny day with lots of light, so image stablization wasn't needed. The camera lens has no scratches or smudges on it. You can't really tell from these samples, but the very center of the images were in exact focus - but only the very small center area. From there outward, they start to blur.

Here's a crop of one shot, but even cropped there should be tons more detail in the pic. Again, it was sunny, the Storm was held still, and the autofocus was used correctly:

Here's another (resized down). You can see the effect here, where the center was sharp(ish) and as soon as you move around it, things get mushy:

For a frame of reference, this shot was taken with a Samsung Flipshot (A990). Also a 3MP camera. To ME, anyway, the Storm shots should look at least as good as this:

So, the click screen is ok, the battery life is ok, and while the Blackberry O.S. is somewhat more complex to use than it should be, I could live with it. But I do rely on at least a decent camera phone for my line of work, and at least MY storm's camera really stinks, so I'm extremely disappointed.

I'm guessing either the lens is just "soso" quality, or this would be bad but - there's a chance the Storm really takes pics at a much lower resolution and "interpolates" them (resizes them in-camera) to a larger size, claiming they're higher in pixels than they are. If that's the case, it's sleezy on RIMs part, but I can't really tell. Maybe I just got a dud.
    11-22-08 12:43 AM
    storm-blackberry.com has some
    11-22-08 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD