ive seen that its sort of been luck of the draw in terms of which users get a great storm first off and others that have been through a few... ive noticed most of the issues when returning the units are problems with the click screen... what will usually happen if say after the 30 day return passes and 5 months in there is an issue with the click? or after a year? im still considering going to storm instead of my curve but im just nervous!! i know the 8330 is reliable but what got me was when someone mentioned it is already 3(?) years old! gah. help me out!
    thanks!
    02-18-09 10:29 AM
    If it's within a year, the warranty will cover it. If it's after that, you'll need the $5.99/month insurance (which you have to get within 15 days of getting the Storm) to extend the warranty and insure it against accidents. The cheaper one doesn't extend the warranty.
    02-18-09 10:38 AM
    If it's within a year, the warranty will cover it. If it's after that, you'll need the $5.99/month insurance (which you have to get within 15 days of getting the Storm) to extend the warranty and insure it against accidents. The cheaper one doesn't extend the warranty.
    is that added on insurance through the provider or a different company?
    02-18-09 10:41 AM
    Oh my bad, that's for Verizon. Telus probably has something similar.
    02-18-09 10:42 AM
    Telus doesn't have insurance. I know Best Buy has something along those lines but I'm not sure exactly how it works.
    ?!?! why?! That's crazy.
    02-18-09 10:43 AM
    Oh my bad, that's for Verizon. Telus probably has something similar.
    haha ok im going in today to ask them... if i have the curve now, switch to the storm can i go back to the curve if i dont like the storm? or is there some restriction!? sorry for the third degree of questions but im so undecided on storm or curve!
    02-18-09 10:44 AM
    If I were in your shoes I would get the storm, if there is any issues they will take at back for you. If you don't like it then just sell it and go back to your curve
    02-18-09 10:45 AM
    If I were in your shoes I would get the storm, if there is any issues they will take at back for you. If you don't like it then just sell it and go back to your curve
    thats true... so youre happy with youre choice? how is your texting ... i would assume everything gets comfortable after a little bit.
    02-18-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD