Anyone concerned with how long the click screen can actually last. I've had mine for two weeks. The click screen worked perfectly for a week. Now as it's beeing used more there seems to be more play in the click screen, less touch recognition and anywhere outside the middle you can feel a slight click before the actual click of the command.

I'm wondering how long the click screen can actually last without breaking.
    12-11-08 12:10 PM
    Yeah. I've wondered that too.

Maybe they put a Storm in a machine that pushes the screen in thousands of times a day...

That would be cool to know what the results of that test would be.
    12-11-08 12:13 PM
    The typical do that type of test, so I am sure they did on the Storm. there is som evideo of quality testing on a different phone on Gizmodo.

That was actual my one concern for the phone. I have had it for three weeks and no problem so far. Hey if it goes bad . . . I just turn it in.
    12-11-08 12:54 PM
    The button looks like same as the one under a trackball just several times the size, and I can't ever remembering hearing anyone complain that their trackball became worn out.
    12-11-08 03:10 PM
    i wonder how long before my screen get full of dust under the screen and can't see no more! shieat is hella annoying!! my got hella dust inside!!
    12-11-08 03:35 PM
    Yeah. I've wondered that too.

Maybe they put a Storm in a machine that pushes the screen in thousands of times a day...

That would be cool to know what the results of that test would be.
    Thats what Research and Development department is for...you never know.
    12-11-08 03:43 PM
    I'm getting concerned as well. All the posts I read on click issues are complaints about the edges being tight. I love how mine clicks on the outside, but the middle keys are much more springy and seem to be getting worse. The sound of the clicking is increasingly louder and depresses more in the center. I went to a CC store today to check out their floor model and the clicking was even all over.

I've tried every trick I read about on this forum; paper, cards, loosening/tightening screws, shims, removing sim card. I do find a difference in how the edges respond to these changes, but the center always stays more springy. I also notice that the wiggle of the screen moves more than when i first got it on the 24th.

I hate to replace it because it is still usable, but now thinking about getting on the bandwagon like so many others.
    12-11-08 03:55 PM
    my storm worked great out of the box, but it did have a huge gap on the volume key side. After about a week i realized the screen was wiggling a good amount. I could shake it and hear the screen moving. mean while, other storms have a tight yet working click screen. I also noticed that on the sides the click screen work well but when i click in the middle the screen it slides and i get a double click phenomenon.

I took it verizon and a tech looked at it. He started to tell me that this was not unusual on the phone to have a loose screen and a larger than normal gap. He said "thats how the screen works" i replied " yeah i know. Im not stupid". I went on to tell him about my double click problems and he eventually said he would replace it. But if i ordered through him he said he didn't even have an idea when it would get to me. I really wanted to say " so does verizon replace phones that are not broken all the time, or are u just that nice of a guy?" But i held it in.
    Anyways i called CS and it took me 1 minute for them to send me a new phone. Got the tracking number 3 hours after i hung up. and it will be here monday. If it is better i will keep it. if not il send it back.
    12-11-08 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD