I've had my storm for about 3 weeks now. I came from an LG dare which was an excellent phone.. But initially I was slightly disappointed with the storms lag, battery life and general sluggishness.

Well..... I've found that the battery charges are lasting noticeably longer, the phonenis much more responsive sharp.I don't know if my learning curve coincided with something else... But damn.... I love this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 11:12 PM
    Welcome to the club!

03-03-09 11:13 PM
    Yeah welcome, I love my phone too. To start with it was slowish but with updates and general messin its perfect to me.
    Just want to sa kudos to all that's provided helpful info for us newbies

03-03-09 11:27 PM
    Its certainly a great phone once tamed.

03-03-09 11:29 PM
    My first few days with it was rough.
    I was very frustrated.
    I LOVE it now! kinks and all!
    03-03-09 11:37 PM
    I agree! This is my first BB, and it was really awkward at first. I've had it almost two months though, and it's almost reflex now. I'm still on .75, and with all the issues in that OS, I still love the phone! On a mac.... I gotta get my old PC going again so I can upgrade to a beta OS!
    03-03-09 11:45 PM
    I agree! This is my first BB, and it was really awkward at first. I've had it almost two months though, and it's almost reflex now. I'm still on .75, and with all the issues in that OS, I still love the phone! On a mac.... I gotta get my old PC going again so I can upgrade to a beta OS!
    You don't have ANY other Windows computer you can use?

I know Windows systems are super rare these days with those Macs totally owning the market and all...
    03-04-09 12:06 AM
    Length is overrated. Girth is where it's at.

03-04-09 12:09 AM
    Length is overrated. Girth is where it's at.

That's what she said!
    03-04-09 12:38 PM
    That's what she said!
    HEYOOOOOOOO! haha
    03-04-09 12:40 PM
    You don't have ANY other Windows computer you can use?

I know Windows systems are super rare these days with those Macs totally owning the market and all...
    What's the newest most reliable OS out for the storm? I just got mine a few weeks ago, and im looking to upgrade.
    03-04-09 01:01 PM
    What's the newest most reliable OS out for the storm? I just got mine a few weeks ago, and im looking to upgrade.
    The most current production release is .75. All the others mentioned on CB are leaked OSs, and the latest one is .109.

If reliability is what you are looking for, you should stay with .75 as it is officially supported by VzW. All the leaked OSs are unsupported, so you are on your own.

Hope this helps.

03-04-09 01:11 PM
    The most current production release is .75. All the others mentioned on CB are leaked OSs, and the latest one is .109.

If reliability is what you are looking for, you should stay with .75 as it is officially supported by VzW. All the leaked OSs are unsupported, so you are on your own.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Guess i'll just wait till Verizon officially releases an updated OS.
    03-04-09 01:23 PM
    Thanks. Guess i'll just wait till Verizon officially releases an updated OS.
    A leaked OS isn't a permanent thing. You can always go back to the "official" one if it gives you problems. The only person I know who still has .75 is on BES for vzw corp email and the admin would prolly turn him in to the vzw corp nazi police. Other than that .109 is a huge improvement so what do you have to lose besides an hour of your time that you would spend on here anyway?

03-04-09 01:45 PM
    A leaked OS isn't a permanent thing. You can always go back to the "official" one if it gives you problems. The only person I know who still has .75 is on BES for vzw corp email and the admin would prolly turn him in to the vzw corp nazi police. Other than that .109 is a huge improvement so what do you have to lose besides an hour of your time that you would spend on here anyway?

Can u show me how to download the new OS? Pretty new to this. Thanks.

One question. Will it delete all my current info?
    03-04-09 01:49 PM
    PM me and we'll work on it.

03-04-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD