Unlocking for travelling isn't required for the phone to work, it is required to pick up a local sim card at your destination and pay local rates instead of international rates that your carrier would charge. Don't worry, for the average user this isn't required.
    As I said - Silly question time!! Thanks for the offer of assistance, I will no doubt need it as this is my first Blackberry.
    10-25-09 06:43 PM
    What version did you put back on there? I have .323 if you need it.
    I re installed 5.0.0.287, is yours Storm 9520? if so, yes please.
    10-25-09 07:32 PM
    Ha! Thank you kindly for "keeping to your word." But I'm not taking money for software I didn't write and just happen to have lying around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 07:43 PM
    Ha! Thank you kindly for "keeping to your word." But I'm not taking money for software I didn't write and just happen to have lying around.

WHAT A NG (Nice Guy)
    10-25-09 08:00 PM
    DAMN, now THIS is what CB is all about! Great work gang!
    10-25-09 08:01 PM
    DAMN, now THIS is what CB is all about! Great work gang!
    .... how do you get to swear and I ******* can't?
    10-25-09 08:14 PM
    .... how do you get to swear and I ******* can't?
    Damn?..that's a swear?
    10-25-09 08:16 PM
    Nice work folks.
    OP - it may be a lower version, but at least you are up and running again. That must be a relief. You will be able to update higher again soon enough I'm sure.

10-25-09 08:20 PM
    my 2 cents,

if you're running vista/windows7 you must run every app (BBSAK, Blackberry Software, Blackberry's Apploader) in administrator mode...
    10-25-09 08:24 PM
    Nice work folks.
    OP - it may be a lower version, but at least you are up and running again. That must be a relief. You will be able to update higher again soon enough I'm sure.

Yes incredibly relieved. ..Thanks again to all on this great forum.
    10-25-09 08:41 PM
    Well, it looks like CB.Com saved the day again!

Ok, someone tell cpugeek to come in and ruin the thread now. We're done.
    10-25-09 09:09 PM
    [QUOTE=BerryGuy25;3907178]
    1) Why would you get unlock codes when the phone hasn't even been out more than 10 days? You should at least wait a month. I wouldn't even trust the most reputable unlockers and I've just checked their websites and they don't have Storm 2 listed yet.

For what its worth, I got an e-mail from Unique Phones today. They are unlocking Storm 2's now. They were even giving away free unlocks for the first 50 . check out the link in my sig below
    10-25-09 10:58 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD