OP, Please, just do what I did. It made life better.

aaahhhh...
    a beautiful sight, and probably what mine will look like when the Incredible is shipped here in the coming week.

The Storm, for me, was okay. But, really, I've never seen a phone with so many problems.
    05-23-10 01:07 PM
    Um, perhaps you're not paying attention, or you're delusional (or both). Perhaps just highly misguided. "The whole product line sucks" Say what? LOL! Hilarious.

Uh the whole product line sucks, have you not been paying attention? This is coming from someone who actually had an ok device, never replaced. But now have a DROID INCREDIBLE, STORMS DEAD!
    05-23-10 04:45 PM
    There always be debate on who has the best phone

Who makes the best car who makes the best computers who makes the best TV
    05-23-10 05:04 PM

You just threw away $50+. That S1 could have sold for some good $.
    05-23-10 05:33 PM
    Can someone please explain to me why people hate the Storm so much yet they always include the sentence "got my Storm when it launched" ect blah blah blah. Why on gods earth would you keep a phone for well over a year you don't like? Takes the absolute ****! Let's all get an iPhone and be forever happy. Let me know how you get on listening to music whilst downloading music and at the same time texting, emailing, BBming, tweeting and abusing Facebook. Oh and then top that with downloading apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I got the phone because it was unique and was rumored to be an Iphone killer and if it did live up to its hype I didnt wanna look like a tool getting it after everyone else had gotten it. Besides Im switching this phone as soon as the Bold comes out, thats why Im sticking it out.

On two 9530s. Both had slight exposure to moisture at the end of their lives, and began exhibiting these symptoms right after.
    I abuse this phone alot, Im sure its the combination of water exposure and throwing this phone around that could've caused most of the problems it has now.

LOL, I cant wait to do this, would relieve so much stress and anger that it caused me...This is one of the reasons Im anxious for the Bold to come out soon.
    05-23-10 06:56 PM
    You just threw away $50+. That S1 could have sold for some good $.
    I like to collect my previous devices, if there comes a point in life when I need the extra cash. Then I will see but this S1 will forever stay with me.
    05-23-10 08:00 PM
    I have a storm 1, my very first one too from December 10, 2008. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I keep it fresh with all the latest hybrids that are released and she works beautifully. sorry to hear your problems with it. try and hold out for a better blackberry.
    05-24-10 12:50 AM
    I got the phone because it was unique and was rumored to be an Iphone killer and if it did live up to its hype I didnt wanna look like a tool getting it after everyone else had gotten it. Besides Im switching this phone as soon as the Bold comes out, thats why Im sticking it out.
    Are you serious? You're really telling us you got the Storm because of a rumour? Did you think about giving it a ten minute try in the shop before committing over two years to it? You sound like the kind of person to not use a condom and then complain about your new STI. Unbelievable.

05-24-10 07:13 AM
    I like to collect my previous devices, if there comes a point in life when I need the extra cash. Then I will see but this S1 will forever stay with me.
    I save my old phones for when my wife/mother-in-law has an 'equipment-related outage' to save me from having to buy a new handset every time that happens. The storm "probably" won't be going to the mother-in-law, but I will be keeping it around for future use.
    05-24-10 08:30 AM
    Are you serious? You're really telling us you got the Storm because of a rumour? Did you think about giving it a ten minute try in the shop before committing over two years to it? You sound like the kind of person to not use a condom and then complain about your new STI. Unbelievable.

At the time there werent any floor samples and there was a waiting list for the phone, so I just put my name down to purchase the phone soon as it came in. Worked fine first night, next day it started exhibiting problems. I had 3 different models in the first 3 months...phone is a piece of junk TBH.
    05-26-10 04:02 PM
    Your on a S2.
    The OP has an S1.

I already stabbed my S1 to pieces, got an 8530 then went Droid; i want the 9650 though.
    I must admit, your signature is intriguing
    05-26-10 07:34 PM
    I have had the s1 since release,,, have a friend at verizon that put it in my hands the day after release in the store.

Aside from low app memory and having to erase apps when I try new ones, and then deleting the new ones and going back to the old ones when I figure out what I like best,,,, I have never once had an issue with this phone that I didnt create or that an app didnt create by not being 100% compatible
    05-27-10 10:34 AM
    As much as I loved my STORM 1.... I feel your pain...

Took RIM about a YEAR to get the STORM 1 up and running properly and 6 months after that, they have pretty much abandoned the thing for STORM 2.

In fact, I can't tell you the large number of times that new app's seem to be released and the STORM 1 and STORM 2 have been left out in the cold..

so.... save yourself...

DROOOOOOOOID!

I did!

Lego...
    05-27-10 12:45 PM
    At the time there werent any floor samples and there was a waiting list for the phone, so I just put my name down to purchase the phone soon as it came in. Worked fine first night, next day it started exhibiting problems. I had 3 different models in the first 3 months...phone is a piece of junk TBH.
    SO GET A NEW PHONE AND STOP ********!! SIGH!! Ugh........
    Last edited by KyleStormSure; 05-28-10 at 08:32 AM.
    05-27-10 01:36 PM
    My S1 still works fine.
    05-27-10 03:46 PM
    ma S1 still great... =D
    05-27-10 05:19 PM
    SO GET A NEW PHONE AND STOP ********!! SIGH!! Ugh........
    The **** is your problem toolbag?

Oh I sea nao.

Anyways phone wont turn on now even when charging. Im guessing its the battery...
    05-28-10 05:46 PM
    I'm not defending NUN, but what's YOUR problem with New Jersey? Where are you from? Do they teach spelling there? Chill.

Might be your battery, might be the charging port. If the phone won't turn on even when plugged in, I'd be more suspicious of the charging port or the USB cable or, the USB port on your computer (assuming your charging from one, if not then #1 or 2).

Oh I sea nao.

Anyways phone wont turn on now even when charging. Im guessing its the battery...
    05-28-10 10:01 PM

Oh I sea nao.

Jersey Channel Islands for your information. We have an education system as well, thus, we can spell and use grammar! Why are you still complaining about the phone? We get the message you moron!
    05-29-10 10:32 AM
    U might not be closing your apps, like hitting the BB button an close. That would drain slot of batt. I have a love hate relationship with my S1, but I've never had problems with my battery. It last a lot longer than my roommates droid.

05-30-10 03:15 AM
    I'm not defending NUN, but what's YOUR problem with New Jersey? Where are you from? Do they teach spelling there? Chill.

Might be your battery, might be the charging port. If the phone won't turn on even when plugged in, I'd be more suspicious of the charging port or the USB cable or, the USB port on your computer (assuming your charging from one, if not then #1 or 2).
    The spelling is an internet meme that is well known of in other forums I post at.

But I went to Verizon, the Tech Rep told me the battery was dead so I just bought another battery to last me for now.

Jersey Channel Islands for your information. We have an education system as well, thus, we can spell and use grammar! Why are you still complaining about the phone? We get the message you moron!
    Lol, NY > NJ and like I said before the spelling is an internet meme, stupid. If you dont like the thread you dont have to keep posting in it. I said in the first post, the problem I was having at a time just turned into a full fledged vent.

U might not be closing your apps, like hitting the BB button an close. That would drain slot of batt. I have a love hate relationship with my S1, but I've never had problems with my battery. It last a lot longer than my roommates droid.

I also heard that not clicking "close" in any app drains battery, but I never believed it, lol. Oh well, I also updated the OS at the Verizon store, phone is actually decent now. Im thinking about holding out until my upgrade comes around in Sept.
    05-31-10 09:38 PM
    The Storm ruined BB for me, never going back once I get rid of this phone. It gets worse and worse every week it seems - randomly locking up, screen not responding correctly, a plethora of error messages - my favorite is it locking up after I take it off the charger with a battery pull being the only option to fix it.

And it isn't from apps I am putting on it - I don't even have many apps on it because it barely works without putting any more strain on it. Not to mention I have replaced my phone 3 times in the last 6 months.

And on top of it all the web browsing is so painfully slow it is stupid.

Obviously RIM could care less about anyone who owns this defective POS - and that sadly isn't anything new brought about by newer phones being released, they didn't even have the decency to fix it when it was released a broken mess.
    06-01-10 04:43 PM
    The Storm ruined BB for me, never going back once I get rid of this phone. It gets worse and worse every week it seems - randomly locking up, screen not responding correctly, a plethora of error messages - my favorite is it locking up after I take it off the charger with a battery pull being the only option to fix it.

And it isn't from apps I am putting on it - I don't even have many apps on it because it barely works without putting any more strain on it. Not to mention I have replaced my phone 3 times in the last 6 months.

And on top of it all the web browsing is so painfully slow it is stupid.

Obviously RIM could care less about anyone who owns this defective POS - and that sadly isn't anything new brought about by newer phones being released, they didn't even have the decency to fix it when it was released a broken mess.
    So you're still using the "POS" in question? Says a lot doesn't it? Unless you're a tramp I suggest you get a new phone or just shut up.

06-03-10 03:27 PM
    So you're still using the "POS" in question? Says a lot doesn't it? Unless you're a tramp I suggest you get a new phone or just shut up.

Tramp? little confused, are you calling me a loose woman or someone who wanders from place to place on foot?

Either way I guess your right, I have no right to complain that RIM refuses to properly fix is product and I have even less of a right to expect to be able to use a phone I paid good money for less then a year after I bought it. Its not like I have anything more important in my life to spend 300 bucks on then a new phone.

06-04-10 07:26 PM
    Tramp? little confused, are you calling me a loose woman or someone who wanders from place to place on foot?

Either way I guess your right, I have no right to complain that RIM refuses to properly fix is product and I have even less of a right to expect to be able to use a phone I paid good money for less then a year after I bought it. Its not like I have anything more important in my life to spend 300 bucks on then a new phone.

You got a phone that somehow ran away by itself? This problem is a stumper. If you are less than a year and your phone is busted get it replaced by VZW. If it's been a year and you just still aren't happy, then you have some pretty wicked buyers remorse and I suggest you do a little more googling and a little less oogling the next time you pick out a phone.

more googling less oogling... I will have to remember that one.
    06-05-10 07:29 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD