Anyone have this problem, whenever Im BBMing or using the internet browser or texting or using an app or on the phone or basically even CHECKING THE TIME, it shuts off, drains ALL my battery (even if I have FULL battery) and I have to go recharge it, turn on all connections before using it again..anyone ever experience this?

I hate this phone with such a passion...I purposely abuse it now..I throw it around, I squeeze the screen as hard as I can hoping it breaks, anything to get all this anger out. This is EASILY the WORST POS product I have ever bought in my entire life..this POS refuses to upgrade its OS (the same error msg pops up everytime I try installing the new OS), I stupidly bought this within a month of its release and it was the worst mistake ever. Im a year and a half in and patiently waiting for the Bold to come out so I could break this thing.

Sorry guys just wanted to get that rant out, but would like to know if anyone had this problem with the phone shutting off and draining all its battery before?
    05-21-10 09:59 PM
    Nope, mine doesn't, occasionally while BBM-ing, it just lags my whole phone up.
    05-21-10 10:40 PM
    Droid.....save you it can
    05-21-10 11:03 PM
    Never had this problem with mine.
    05-21-10 11:19 PM
    Never had this problem with mine.
    Your on a S2.
    The OP has an S1.

I already stabbed my S1 to pieces, got an 8530 then went Droid; i want the 9650 though.
    05-21-10 11:56 PM
    Hve you thought about runing a different OS on the phone? My storm 1 is hybridized and it's running perfectly fine for me.
    05-21-10 11:57 PM
    Your on a S2.
    The OP has an S1.

I already stabbed my S1 to pieces, got an 8530 then went Droid; i want the 9650 though.
    I know I am on a storm 2 and your on a droid yet you responded to the op so cant I? Just cause I'm on a 2 doesn't mean that I never ran a 1 before.
    05-22-10 12:00 AM
    I know I am on a storm 2 and your on a droid yet you responded to the op so cant I? Just cause I'm on a 2 doesn't mean that I never ran a 1 before.
    I said that because the S2 is more efficient/new then the S1.
    05-22-10 12:03 AM
    And that is why I bought one.
    05-22-10 12:04 AM
    Obviously, a defective device mixed in with a "1 unit sucks thus, all of that model sucks." Could just be a defective battery, a loose battery or a corrupted OS. My S1 worked very well (minus the small memory) for a year before I sold it to upgrade to the 2.
    05-22-10 12:07 AM
    My Storm 1 has never done anything like that.

But by all means get a droid, because we all know that the folks who make Android based phones NEVER make a lemon.
    05-22-10 12:55 AM
    Hey man, I feel you I had the same problem with my phone I would text a few times and then it would shut off on me, go through a whole reboot cycle and when it actually came on, my battery would be at 3% and my connections would be off
    My girlfriend suggested that it was the problem woth the battery, so I took it out, checked it and it was inflated a bit, and at the bottom it had a white box with a red line through it, which meant battery damage
    I went to Verizon today, bought a new battery and there was a huge different in the size of the battery. Mine was really puffy. It cost me $40 for the new battery, but I have a 30 day warranty, so I plan on using it for the time being and then returning it before my 30 days are up. Hopefully I get my new iPhone by then.

I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but my Storm is about a year and three months old.
    05-22-10 01:28 AM
    Barely!
    05-22-10 04:03 AM
    Nice job saving this from turning into a rant, op. By all means, get a droid. The more *other people* that give up on their phone, the less likely mine is to break (since the failures are all allotted to people who purposefully abuse their phone, statistically reducing the chances that mine is a dud). After more than a year, mine (and my wife's) is going strong! I probably won't bother upgrading until my NE2 or a BOGO on the Incredible comes along; droid phones look nice but FFS it's just another shiny toy.
    05-22-10 06:53 AM
    Nice job saving this from turning into a rant, op. By all means, get a droid. The more *other people* that give up on their phone, the less likely mine is to break (since the failures are all allotted to people who purposefully abuse their phone, statistically reducing the chances that mine is a dud). After more than a year, mine (and my wife's) is going strong! I probably won't bother upgrading until my NE2 or a BOGO on the Incredible comes along; droid phones look nice but FFS it's just another shiny toy.
    You're probably right. People probably purposely put dust under their screen, made the screen stick in the corners, etc. And please don't forget that, at one time, the 9530 WAS the "shiny new toy".
    05-22-10 08:06 AM
    I have had my S1 since its launch. I was not happy with it at all, it was slow and laggy But with all the hybrids that rolled out it slowly got better and better. now I'm running Lyricidals .591/.692 hybrid and could not be happier. I use it a lot for business so the Droid would probably not be the best choice for me in July, I think I'll probably wait for the Storm 3. Lyricidals hybrids are so easy to install, they practically install themselves. Try it , you might like it!
    05-22-10 08:07 AM
    Anyone have this problem, whenever Im BBMing or using the internet browser or texting or using an app or on the phone or basically even CHECKING THE TIME, it shuts off, drains ALL my battery (even if I have FULL battery) and I have to go recharge it, turn on all connections before using it again..anyone ever experience this?

Sorry guys just wanted to get that rant out, but would like to know if anyone had this problem with the phone shutting off and draining all its battery before?
    Looks like you have had it a year.... could just be the battery and not the phone, although the OS and Application can really affect your battery life. I know that after on update I used Google Maps for 15 minutes and completely drained a fully charged battery.

You can buy a new battery on on eBay pretty cheap - many of the sellers have them in double packs for less than at the Carriers Store.

As for the phone being a disappointment.... that is what happens when you are promised something and it falls short of the hype. I think RIM and VERIZON did learn that lesson at least.
    05-22-10 10:55 AM
    My S1 is a little over a year old and I've never had any problelms with it. I agree the phone isn't perfect but I've also used the Moto Droid, the iPhone and the HTC eris and those phones aren't perfect either. Everyone talks about every new phone likes its the second coming of Christ and then complains about every tiny flaw. Well guess what you're not perfect and neither am I and neither are the people producing the phones.

Let's just face it, if you are on these forums, phones are a huge hobby for you and no matter what we'll still buy the newest and latest devices that comes out. I get so pissed off when people think they are entitled something when their phone tweeks out.

Ok there's my little rant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 11:10 AM
    Droid.....save you it can
    Lol I hate Motorola..after the Razr, Im never going back..plus I dont like any of the Andriod phones, I prefer BBMing over texting.

Obviously, a defective device mixed in with a "1 unit sucks thus, all of that model sucks." Could just be a defective battery, a loose battery or a corrupted OS. My S1 worked very well (minus the small memory) for a year before I sold it to upgrade to the 2.
    Im thinking its the battery but I dont want to pay 40 dollars to get a new battery when Im planning on getting the new Bold when it comes out. Other than that Ive tried upgrading NUMEROUS times, but everytime I do this error message pops up (Dloaded alot of different OS'), or it says my desketop manager is out of date (although I upgrade it). Ive just gotten fed up with this phone after giving it so many chances. This is my 6th Storm BTW, if it's any consolation this Storm lasted the longest out of any of them.

My Storm 1 has never done anything like that.

But by all means get a droid, because we all know that the folks who make Android based phones NEVER make a lemon.
    I dont like any of the Androids and quite honestly Im surprised youre willing to stick it out with the Storm.

Hey man, I feel you I had the same problem with my phone I would text a few times and then it would shut off on me, go through a whole reboot cycle and when it actually came on, my battery would be at 3% and my connections would be off
    My girlfriend suggested that it was the problem woth the battery, so I took it out, checked it and it was inflated a bit, and at the bottom it had a white box with a red line through it, which meant battery damage
    I went to Verizon today, bought a new battery and there was a huge different in the size of the battery. Mine was really puffy. It cost me $40 for the new battery, but I have a 30 day warranty, so I plan on using it for the time being and then returning it before my 30 days are up. Hopefully I get my new iPhone by then.

I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but my Storm is about a year and three months old.
    Thanks for the suggestion man, I was considering getting a new battery but I dont think its worth it since Im waiting for the Bold to come out. I have checked my battery, it definatley is puffy/inflated, but I dont think this piece of junk deserves a new battery...its caused me so much grief. lol

When I made this thread I wasnt trying to make it into a rant, I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem I had with the phone...it slowly then turned into a rant. Lol, I couldnt hold back man. Besides that I dont like the Androids..I dont even like the Iphone..because of this phone I will NEVER get any sort of touch screen phone again.

I have had my S1 since its launch. I was not happy with it at all, it was slow and laggy But with all the hybrids that rolled out it slowly got better and better. now I'm running Lyricidals .591/.692 hybrid and could not be happier. I use it a lot for business so the Droid would probably not be the best choice for me in July, I think I'll probably wait for the Storm 3. Lyricidals hybrids are so easy to install, they practically install themselves. Try it , you might like it!
    Thanks for the suggestion man, Ive been trying to dload the hybrids as well, since I realized the official OS' wouldnt take, but sadly they wont upgrade to my phone either. I admire some of you for sticking with the Storm line up, I will never get another touch screen (from RIM or any other company) just because of this phone. As I stated before, this is my 6th Storm, each one had its own DIFFERENT problem.

Looks like you have had it a year.... could just be the battery and not the phone, although the OS and Application can really affect your battery life. I know that after on update I used Google Maps for 15 minutes and completely drained a fully charged battery.

You can buy a new battery on on eBay pretty cheap - many of the sellers have them in double packs for less than at the Carriers Store.

As for the phone being a disappointment.... that is what happens when you are promised something and it falls short of the hype. I think RIM and VERIZON did learn that lesson at least.
    It probably is the battery man, I've had the Storm for 18 months now, but this particular Storm (my 6th Storm) I've had for 14 months, Im just fed up with this line up, Im hoping the Bold comes out soon so I could switch.

Thank you all for your feedback and opinions.
    05-22-10 11:49 AM
    Only thing I hated with the phone was the typing.
    05-22-10 03:47 PM
    get the S2..it rocks
    05-22-10 05:05 PM
    Can someone please explain to me why people hate the Storm so much yet they always include the sentence "got my Storm when it launched" ect blah blah blah. Why on gods earth would you keep a phone for well over a year you don't like? Takes the absolute ****! Let's all get an iPhone and be forever happy. Let me know how you get on listening to music whilst downloading music and at the same time texting, emailing, BBming, tweeting and abusing Facebook. Oh and then top that with downloading apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 08:10 PM
    On two 9530s. Both had slight exposure to moisture at the end of their lives, and began exhibiting these symptoms right after.
    05-22-10 08:45 PM
    OP, Please, just do what I did. It made life better.

05-22-10 08:46 PM
    Uh the whole product line sucks, have you not been paying attention? This is coming from someone who actually had an ok device, never replaced. But now have a DROID INCREDIBLE, STORMS DEAD!
    05-23-10 12:28 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD