this morning around...hmm...say 2:30 i was in my room listening to my media player while surfing crackberry on opera mini browser and all of the sudden my phone cut off...I was at only 1 bar so initially i though it was the battery, but then i began to think...there was no verizon sign while powering down and also usually the green led comes on when your battery is low...I figured that i charge the phone over night and I would be good to go...I wake up around 8:30 and my phone is still not coming on...I pull the battery and the red led comes on for 30 secs, then blinks for another 30, and then nothing...I took my storm right to verizon, they had no idea what was wrong with the phone so they just gave me a new refurb...I just got the phone in Feb, do you think im going to have to replace my phone every 3-4 months??...ps I do leak my os's lol I was running the leaked .148
    05-31-09 11:43 AM
    wow 43 views 0 responses...lmao...
    05-31-09 11:44 PM
    this morning around...hmm...say 2:30 i was in my room listening to my media player while surfing crackberry on opera mini browser and all of the sudden my phone cut off...I was at only 1 bar so initially i though it was the battery, but then i began to think...there was no verizon sign while powering down and also usually the green led comes on when your battery is low...I figured that i charge the phone over night and I would be good to go...I wake up around 8:30 and my phone is still not coming on...I pull the battery and the red led comes on for 30 secs, then blinks for another 30, and then nothing...I took my storm right to verizon, they had no idea what was wrong with the phone so they just gave me a new refurb...I just got the phone in Feb, do you think im going to have to replace my phone every 3-4 months??...ps I do leak my os's lol I was running the leaked .148
    It could be your phone, or the battery. If you have a spare battery try that one, or take it in to your local store and have them try it with their battery. I had an issue one time with someone's doing that same thing, I figured their handset was shot, and it was just their battery. That's not to say that it could not be the phone.
    As to replacing it every 3-4 months? No, it's not standard for them to be replaced that often, if at all. I've had mine since the original release without needing it to be replaced.
    The leaked OS ... VZW cannot warranty an item that has unofficial software or hardware modifications to it. At the same time, let's think about it here, your phone doesn't power on. They can only check your OS version one way.
    06-01-09 01:59 AM
    I was reluctant to get a new storm since I have heard stories about the replacements. however I have my first replacement coming today. Had issues with charging slot becoming loose. hopefully its ok.
    06-01-09 11:17 AM
    It could be your phone, or the battery. If you have a spare battery try that one, or take it in to your local store and have them try it with their battery. I had an issue one time with someone's doing that same thing, I figured their handset was shot, and it was just their battery. That's not to say that it could not be the phone.
    As to replacing it every 3-4 months? No, it's not standard for them to be replaced that often, if at all. I've had mine since the original release without needing it to be replaced.
    The leaked OS ... VZW cannot warranty an item that has unofficial software or hardware modifications to it. At the same time, let's think about it here, your phone doesn't power on. They can only check your OS version one way.
    lol they already replaced it...I think some sort of fuse or something went out...the phone just cut off for no reason...I was using it a lot and multitasking at the time...I go hard lol...but thanks for the response, we'll wait and see in another 3-4 months if it needs to be replaced again...funny thing is since my phone was dead, they could not turn it on to see the leaked os so they replaced it anyway haha...
    06-01-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD