Kinda new to the blackberry world. I have the storm 2 and love it. While looking over it I noticed that the BB logo on the back is metal. When I take the back cover off there is a chip on the other side, and looks like there is some connection points for the phone itself when the cover is on. What is this for? Looks like you could lay it down on one of that mat chargers and itll charge for ya. I dont know but its been bugging me, any help?
    07-20-10 10:24 AM
    Interesting. I'd like to know as well.
    07-20-10 10:33 AM
    there should definitely not be a chip attached to your back cover, and the only parts protruding from it are for holding it on the phone. as for using a mat charger, i know powermat requires you to buy a new back for any device you are trying to use with it... and last time i checked they do not even offer one for the S2.
    07-20-10 10:38 AM
    I think it is part of the magnet putting the device to sleep system when holstered.
    07-20-10 11:24 AM
    Hi
    I believe they are two spongy pads to keep the battery and the sim card in place.
    Ron, Wales, Uk
    07-20-10 02:23 PM
    It is just a sponge and that's all. It actually helps to keep the battery door tight which is important for maintaining the lock for the battery door and to help the screen click correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD