im pretty sure there is a way that you can have the storm ask for a password before letting the user into the SMS mailbox, i've done it before but i cant seem to be able to find it again. Does anyone know of a way to password protect the SMS mailbox? thanks alot
    05-17-09 08:12 PM
    just set a password for the whole device...
    05-17-09 08:17 PM
    just set a password for the whole device...
    Pretty sure he is just asking about the SMS app......

good input though
    05-17-09 08:18 PM
    1) thx n00b

2) you can't just lock particular functionis, so i suggested the next available thing

3) just set a password for the whole device...
    05-17-09 08:20 PM
    i could have sworn i set one for it before, maybe it was just a third party or something. i cant remember. thanks though guys
    05-17-09 08:22 PM
    hahaha patches, that is a priceless post.

that would be a sweet app tho to lock individual parts of the phone. id use that!
    05-17-09 08:22 PM
    "Location: Dirty Jerzz"

Dirty Jerz huh? what part? south west here, outside of philly
    05-17-09 08:24 PM
    "hey that guy with the 'ask a ninja' avitar is a genius, let's make fun of him!!"
    05-17-09 08:25 PM
    "hey that guy with the 'ask a ninja' avitar is a genius, let's make fun of him!!"
    i gladly will because you give short, incomplete, unhelpful answers and you call ME the n00b? ha well how bout you GTFO (using language you can understand) until you can give an answer that lives up to your 2300 post count that everybody praises.
    05-17-09 08:36 PM
    ask a question, i'll get ya an answer you can understand...

btw post reported for language
    05-17-09 08:37 PM
    ask a question, i'll get ya an answer you can understand...

btw post reported for language
    oh wow you are sooo cool. if you really think im gonna get banned for an abbreviation i hope you're not serious. unless this forum is really uptight about stuff which i doubt it...

wellllll if you are any indication.............................
    05-17-09 08:45 PM
    hey, no need to get defensive. it was a legit question. you're challenging my knowledge, so i gave you the opportunity. but you're caught up trying to be internet tough. well you can drop it, we're all having fun here. the comment about reporting? jokes. the n00b comment? jokes too...if you get bent out of shape over that stuff, then maybe you should not be on teh interwebs.

everybody knows...

05-17-09 08:47 PM
    ha yeah i know man. serious business till it wastes every second of your free time before you even know it.

i had a feeling you were kidding about reporting. i mean what kind of 2300 post count guy would be that big of a doucher.
    05-17-09 08:51 PM
    i'm on the PC all day anyway, might as well as be productive. i think i do about 15 minutes of actual work a day...because that's all there is to do.
    05-17-09 08:56 PM
    i'm on the PC all day anyway, might as well as be productive. i think i do about 15 minutes of actual work a day...because that's all there is to do.
    what do you do?? and do you use a mac?
    05-17-09 08:59 PM
    what do you do?? and do you use a mac?
    i'm an I.T. intern, going to school to get my network security degree/certs, etc. i used to work at VZW doing tech support and a buttload of other stuff. and i can't stand any product that apple makes, the compatibility issues are a big turn off...
    05-17-09 09:01 PM
    i'm an I.T. intern, going to school to get my network security degree/certs, etc. i used to work at VZW doing tech support and a buttload of other stuff. and i can't stand any product that apple makes, the compatibility issues are a big turn off...
    thats something like what i want to do....

more along the lines of software developer/network administrator/computer engineer though

haha idfk know yet, its a scary decision... where are you going to school?

You gotta admit apple is a well organized company with exceptionally functioning products. what kind of compatibility issues do you mean?
    05-17-09 09:08 PM
    everything i own doesn't work with apple, and all of my files and stuff won't work with anyone else. i've dealt with macs before, and just don't like them.

i go to a tech school in the afternoons, and work during the day. mostly i just watch and do paperwork because i'm still not certified for a lot of stuff. but i know how to do it. anyway,

/thread hijack
    05-17-09 09:12 PM
    everything i own doesn't work with apple, and all of my files and stuff won't work with anyone else. i've dealt with macs before, and just don't like them.

i go to a tech school in the afternoons, and work during the day. mostly i just watch and do paperwork because i'm still not certified for a lot of stuff. but i know how to do it. anyway,

/thread hijack
    good call this got out of hand very quickly haha
    05-17-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD